Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Was literally like 3 clicks. Search the title of the show, the cast shows up. Click the actor playing the whore. That brings up a plethora of articles. Abominable, disgusting fugking shidt. On mainstream tv.

Agreed. About puked in my mouth reading about it.

He went over yonder way
GB1

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Someday I am gonna get me some TV so I can find out what the hell you city types are always talking about.

I am MAGA.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Watched it and loved it.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Was quite surprised that they killed off a main character in the very first episode. Ryan Phillippe is (was) the best known actor in the whole show and used prominently in the TV promos of the show to draw viewers.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
The VarmintWife and I were excited for last nights opening episode of the TV series "Big Sky".
We had taped it and watched it commercial free - we both gave it a somewhat enthusiastic thumbs up.
If I keep watching these various TV series showing so much murder, mayhem and maniacal Montanans in them I will be afraid to go outside pretty soon!
Anyway I enjoyed it and was surprised by some of the plot twists.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

That's how I feel after watching the news!

- Rogue
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Some folks here may recall the REAL Big Sky kidnapping and murder, circa 1984.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1989-07-10-vw-2601-story.html

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Big Sky and Yellowstone tv series are not exactly reality. Goes along with the 2020 schitshow we are living in.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Someday I am gonna get me some TV so I can find out what the hell you city types are always talking about.

Don't do it Jim!!!!!

A wise man is frequently humbled.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The only positive thing I can say about this abortion is Katheryn Winnick. You’d have to work hard to make her ugly.

MAGA
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

That last scene took my wife and I by surprise

IC B3

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I watched it last night. It’s fugking weird. I thought the lot lizard that got kidnapped just seemed......off. Well I did a little googling, and I don’t think I’ll be watching it anymore.

For all you guys raving about it, I suggest you do the same.

Wife and I both thought the prostitute was a dude right away.

Somebody please tell me that's not Harvey Keitel's spawn....

Last edited by MontanaMarine; 11/19/20.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Pretty pathetic. Anyone who has been in the Paradise Valley know this was filmed about a zillion miles to the south and west, just before you fall off into the ocean. Trees with moss? Are you fkm? When was the last time you saw a truck trailer with floor lights? And I only tuned in for the last half hour -- I did like the head shot at the end, that was a twist, but that show really has nothing Montana presented in it at all. I'm done. I've never heard of CJ Box either, and don't really care now.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Heeler
Not on a series just one of his books - The Highway.
One of the characters is the main character in other books by CJ Box.

Last edited by pointer; 11/19/20.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by joken2
Was quite surprised that they killed off a main character in the very first episode. Ryan Phillippe is (was) the best known actor in the whole show and used prominently in the TV promos of the show to draw viewers.

HUH?

Black Cows Matter!
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Is this on regular cable or do you need to pay for a streaming service?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by tpcollins
Is this on regular cable or do you need to pay for a streaming service?

Anything that carries regular ABC national network TV -- air antenna / cable / satellite / streaming.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by pointer
Originally Posted by Heeler
Not on a series just one of his books - The Highway.
One of the characters is the main character in other books by CJ Box.

10-4. I misread where I found the info then.

And yes, Katheryn Winnick is en fuego.

He went over yonder way
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by muleshoe
Originally Posted by joken2

HUH?

https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/big-sky-abc-ryan-phillippe-cody-hoyt/

The David E. Kelley-produced crime drama Big Sky premiered its first episode Tuesday night on ABC. Due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, it’s thus far the first and only new pilot from ABC this fall season. And as you may have heard by now, it concludes with one hell of a bang.

The series is set in “big sky” country in Montana and finds two young teenage girls, Grace and Danielle being abducted by a creepy trucker. That puts Danielle’s boyfriends estranged parents, Jenny Hoyt (Katherine Winnick) and Cody Hoyt (Ryan Phillippe) on the case to find them along with their P.I. pal Cassie Dewell (Kylie Bunbury).

Of course, as episode one reveals, it looks as though Jenny and Cassie will be the only two pursuing the case of the missing young women as Cody Hoyt is now indisposed. He’s dead, you see. When Cody visits Highway Patrol cop Rick Legarski (John Caroll Lynch) and shares his suspicions that a cult of truckers and ne’er-do-wells are kidnapping women, Rick all but confirms his suspicions with a bullet to the head.

This is a very bold twist for any network drama to take. Ryan Phillippe is a big name find and seemed poised to recapture his mid-’90s teen throb thunder as the stoic male lead of this sure-to-be popular drama. And yet, Kelley and his team of writers decide to stay true to the show’s novel source material (The Highway by C.J. Box) and kill off their ostensible lead in shocking, sudden fashion.

Introducing a big-name actor only to kill them off in the early goings is not unheard of in pop culture. Several classic horror movies have found success with the formula as Alfred Hitchcock’s Psycho killed Marion Crane (Janet Leigh) early on and Wes Craven’s Scream did the same with Casey Becker (Drew Barrymore). On television, however, the act of killing a protagonist off in pilots in a rarity – likely because pilots are very precarious things and no one wants to risk alienating an audience before they even have one. Shows like The Shield, Oz, and Watchmen have all killed major characters early on…but not the major character. One classic network drama from the past, however, came really close and the writers were discouraged from doing so from the very same network on which Big Sky now resides. ...

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
C.J. Box is one of my favorite authors. Really like his books on audio, they are really well narrated overall. For the most part his stories are based in Wyoming, Montana and North Dakota. At least in the audio books he gets a lot right. Can't say how they may screw things up putting some of his stuff on TV but maybe they'll do OK. I'm looking forward to giving it a watch. Missed the first episode but will be able to catch it on demand.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesse_James_Keitel

https://www.menshealth.com/entertainment/amp34715828/jesse-james-keitel-big-sky/

Basically the critter playing the lot lizard is some kinda perverted freakshow. In real life and on the show. Going forward it’s going to be a big part of the plot, making this shift as mainstream as possible.

“[TV is] the most powerful medium we have right now,” they said. “It’s accessible to so many people, people who normally wouldn’t get to experience a person like this.”

What the actual F?

Don’t need/ want the “experience”.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

63 members (308ld, 35, 14idaho, 3dtestify, 10gaugemag, 406_SBC, 12 invisible), 1,850 guests, and 802 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,728
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.