Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Outback seems to be using pumped meat for some time now and that is an absolute turnoff for me.

May have a generically tenderness that helps with the tenderness consistency on a large scale but that texture is not natural.

Montana MOFO
GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Of the chains mentioned, TX Roadhouse doesn't have phenomenal steaks but they are tasty and everything I have had on the menu is flavorful and consistently good.

Corporate seems to have it right when they train management because in my experience, the managers at the different roadhouses I have been to are excellent with their customer service.

I agree it is too dang loud for conversation though.

Montana MOFO
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Texson2
If you think Texas Roadhouse is good you need to get out more or stay home . I was embarrassed to take an African ph friend there. If that’s your best choice do yourself a favor and grill a prime steak at home. They shouldn’t even be able to use the word Texas. We have helluva a lot better beef in Texas than what they offer. Geez
Everybody knows Texans like tube steak best.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
My wife and I are going to try one of two local steakhouses this weekend. They both offer dry aged so I’m betting they’re legit.

There is a Palm in Miami that I have never had. Wouldn’t mind trying one.

Someone got a pay raise.....

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Best steak ever camp Clark Afghanistan chow hall! Then again might of been we were in Afghanistan our cooks sucked ass and we didn't know any better. We moved to Camp Clark the head cook for kbr was a chef at one of the big name hotels in Vegas. He said he was to old to join but wanted to serve his country so he got a job with kbr running a dining facility..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
IC B2

O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Reata's is worth a mention but not just steaks. I think there are only two locations that I know of....

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Ate at a capitol Grille on business GA. Couldn't believe it was a chain. Fantastic.

Haven't been to a ruth Chris in a while. Last was a cattle call (no pun intended) meeting invite. It was mediocre. That must of been 10 years ago.

Last good high end Steakhouse was a few years back in Chicago. The bone in ribeye was great. Don't remember the name of it. It would never meet fire code. Place was packed.

We've got a couple of local places that do decent steaks, so can go there with no wait, take the fam, and have a martini or two and a good meal.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Morton’s or the Palm. Not a lot of outlets, but they serve prime beef.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
The best steak I have had was at a place in San Antonio in 1968 I ate at while TDY in the army for a few days. I don't remember the name of the place but it was a good steak. I ate at Ruth Chris in Salt Lake 14 years ago with my supervisor and remember him asking if they had any healthy food there. The waiter puffed his chest out and stated "We do not serve health food at Ruth Chris." I have eaten at several Outback"s. They were pretty good steaks but the first time I ate at one of them was in Anchorage and the steak was horrible. The last time I ate there was in Cupertino across the street from Apple and it was also horrible. All of the ones in between were decent. The absolute worst steak I have eaten was in the mess hall at the 50th Engineers at West Point in 1968. But that is the only mess hall that ever served steak while I was in the army.

I used to buy a New York strip roast from Costco or Smart and Final and age it in the fridge up to it's expiration date and them cut it into steaks and freeze them. That made for some good tender steaks. I haven't eaten beef in a couple of years as my freezer is full of good elk steaks now.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I found a Prime, whole strip loin at a reputable butcher shop yesterday for under $9 a lb. Guess I won't be in a steak house for about 8 more weeks.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by OldHat
I try not to cook in the same fire I burn my garbage. It's not Kosher. smile

Remsen, is that you?

$$$ TRUMP AT THE PUMP 2024 $$$
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Some basic industry knowledge for discussing steaks.

90%+ of the beef in the U.S. comes from cattle that are raised on grass, and then finished on corn or another grain for a few months.
Corn is much richer and causes the cattle to put on weight in the form of fat.

At the time of slaughter, the U.S.D.A. inspects all carcasses for health reasons.

The packing house has the option to pay a fee to have each carcass “graded” for marbling.
This grading process determines the amount of fat mixed in with the lean beef.
Beef with higher amounts of fat “marbled” through the beef is considered desirable and sells for more money per pound.
The carcass is then “roll stamped” with a grade such as “Select”, “Choice’ or “Prime”.

If the packing house does not think a carcass will grade very high, they can choose to not pay the fee, and the carcass will be considered “No Roll”, or ungraded.

*No Roll or ungraded beef is used everywhere for canned and frozen processers like the premade beef stew you see in grocery stores to dog food and typical ground beef.

*Select graded beef is utilized everywhere a customer is looking for consistent quality at a reasonable price. Most of the products you see in average grocery stores is select graded.

*Choice is a noticeable step up in tenderness and juiciness.
Many grocery stores sell choice beef, and most decent steakhouses will use only choice or better.

*USDA graded “Prime” is a step up from Choice. Typically, only the top 2% of cattle will grade out as Prime. It is reflected in the price. A Prime steak can cost 50% more than a choice steak.
High end steak houses buy up almost all the USDA Prime middle cuts like Ribeye, Striploin (New York steaks) and tenderloin (Filet Mignon steaks).
Names like Ruth Criss, Flemings and Mortons. They typically charge $50 or more for an “ala cart” steak.

*Grass fed, refers to beef that has not been grain finished.
Grass fed is only a tiny fraction of the beef on the commercial market.

I know that it is possible to get a tender, juicy steak from grass fed beef, but that is the exception, not the rule.
For the most part, grass fed beef will be dryer, tougher and slightly gamey tasting when compared to it’s grain finished counterpart.

Some people prefer grass fed beef. I won’t argue with them, To each his own.

MOLON LABE
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Outback

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Anaconda
Some basic industry knowledge for discussing steaks.

90%+ of the beef in the U.S. comes from cattle that are raised on grass, and then finished on corn or another grain for a few months.
Corn is much richer and causes the cattle to put on weight in the form of fat.

At the time of slaughter, the U.S.D.A. inspects all carcasses for health reasons.

The packing house has the option to pay a fee to have each carcass “graded” for marbling.
This grading process determines the amount of fat mixed in with the lean beef.
Beef with higher amounts of fat “marbled” through the beef is considered desirable and sells for more money per pound.
The carcass is then “roll stamped” with a grade such as “Select”, “Choice’ or “Prime”.

If the packing house does not think a carcass will grade very high, they can choose to not pay the fee, and the carcass will be considered “No Roll”, or ungraded.

*No Roll or ungraded beef is used everywhere for canned and frozen processers like the premade beef stew you see in grocery stores to dog food and typical ground beef.

*Select graded beef is utilized everywhere a customer is looking for consistent quality at a reasonable price. Most of the products you see in average grocery stores is select graded.

*Choice is a noticeable step up in tenderness and juiciness.
Many grocery stores sell choice beef, and most decent steakhouses will use only choice or better.

*USDA graded “Prime” is a step up from Choice. Typically, only the top 2% of cattle will grade out as Prime. It is reflected in the price. A Prime steak can cost 50% more than a choice steak.
High end steak houses buy up almost all the USDA Prime middle cuts like Ribeye, Striploin (New York steaks) and tenderloin (Filet Mignon steaks).
Names like Ruth Criss, Flemings and Mortons. They typically charge $50 or more for an “ala cart” steak.

*Grass fed, refers to beef that has not been grain finished.
Grass fed is only a tiny fraction of the beef on the commercial market.

I know that it is possible to get a tender, juicy steak from grass fed beef, but that is the exception, not the rule.
For the most part, grass fed beef will be dryer, tougher and slightly gamey tasting when compared to it’s grain finished counterpart.

Some people prefer grass fed beef. I won’t argue with them, To each his own.

This is a really good post.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
To those that have money and care:

My wife and I decided on Capital Grille for last night's dinner.

A+ all around. Martini's were off the charts good. I arrived drunk so only had two.

Service was impeccable. And I am a royal ass hole when it comes to service.

I wanted my ribeye cold in the middle and that is exactly how they brought it to me. Perfection.

Out the door cost:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Thanks again to the OP for posting that video. It was helpful.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
You should be ashamed of yourself.

There are starving kids in China!

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse.

And, hey, Conrad, [bleep] the kids in China.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
You should be ashamed of yourself.

There are starving kids in China!

I barely give a schit about my own kids.

Don't expect me to worry about a buncha sawed off chinamen.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Hahahaha!

Bastards!

I remember hearing that all the time when I was a kid. "Starving kids in China!".

Clean your plate.....starving kids in blah blah....

Anyway....230 plus probably a 50 dollar tip is more than I make a week.

I am MAGA.
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Anyway....230 plus probably a 50 dollar tip is more than I make a week.

And you're on here talking stupid with regularity...........

Advance your education my friend and help out your crew..................They deserve it.

Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

469 members (1eyedmule, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 54 invisible), 2,680 guests, and 1,327 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,491
Posts18,471,985
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.