J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by Calvin
Originally Posted by jackmountain
There's a lot of folks from both sides that just want the opportunity to work and make a living. Don't want to see us tied up in senseless foreign war. Want to see manufacturing come back to this country. Want to see us producing our own energy in all it's forms. Don't really care if gays marry. Don't want to pay in a huge portion of their wages in taxes. Are sick of corruption on wall street and in Government.
Sick of being sold out by the people elected to represent us. Sick of paying way too much for health care. Sick of paying way too much for higher education. Want to see their kids do better than they did.
The fringe of both parties, if they haven't taken over, they're screaming so loud that the majority are getting drowned out.

That's spot on. Get the f out of my way and let me make a living.
Sorry for not jumping in with both feet to the latest conspiracy theory of the day that never goes anywhere.

100% on both.
Well said JM.

So what are you going to do if they shut you down because of the flu? Jail you for owning a gun? Tax you so heavily you can't maintain a decent lifestyle?
You may not enjoy politics but they plan on enjoying your productivity..... you will be slaves
This is directed more at Calvin than Jack

I’m gonna keep going as long as I can without shooting. I think everyone here is smart enough to realize that ain’t happening til there’s no other choice. There are lines that have to be drawn. Confiscation of privately owned real estate or other personal property by the govt, including, but not exclusive to, firearms is where I will draw my line. I would rather die than live unarmed, because in short order after they’d accomplish that, the living will be worse than the dying. As long as there’s some semblance of freedom in this country, I’ll keep working, living and loving my family.

Edit to add: I’ll also keep living in an area where the local law enforce will not enforce unconstitutional laws. If it changes here, I’ll move. I’ll disengage more and more with society as finances allow.
If you live in an urban area, it’s a decision you’ll have to live with and obviously your choices may have to be made sooner than mine.

Last edited by jackmountain; 11/22/20.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jack, understood completely. This stuff has been on my radar for years. I took action and moved to a conservative area and set myself to be independent....

I have a hard time feeling sorry for people that sit in liberal schitholes complaining about tax's, oppressive government, crime and racial unrest...

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Jack, understood completely. This stuff has been on my radar for years. I took action and moved to a conservative area and set myself to be independent....

I have a hard time feeling sorry for people that sit in liberal schitholes complaining about tax's, oppressive government, crime and racial unrest...

Me too. Family history in this country starts before the time of its inception, and within walking distance of some of the greatest political thinkers of all time.
At the same time, there’s a pattern of abuse and transgression by the coal and timber companies, the bankers that financed them, and undeniably the government.
My DNA came preprogrammed with a healthy dose of suspicion and distrust for any big city outsider who claims to want to “help” me.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
The reality is that those nuttier than squirrel [bleep] are starting to take over the Republican Party and drown out the voices of the rest. The far right has adopted the cancel culture just as the far left has.

There's a lot of folks from both sides that just want the opportunity to work and make a living. Don't want to see us tied up in senseless foreign war. Want to see manufacturing come back to this country. Want to see us producing our own energy in all it's forms. Don't really care if gays marry. Don't want to pay in a huge portion of their wages in taxes. Are sick of corruption on wall street and in Government.
Sick of being sold out by the people elected to represent us. Sick of paying way too much for health care. Sick of paying way too much for higher education. Want to see their kids do better than they did.
The fringe of both parties, if they haven't taken over, they're screaming so loud that the majority are getting drowned out.

Sorry for not jumping in with both feet to the latest conspiracy theory of the day that never goes anywhere.

100% on both.
Well said JM.

So what are you going to do if they shut you down because of the flu? Jail you for owning a gun? Tax you so heavily you can't maintain a decent lifestyle?
You may not enjoy politics but they plan on enjoying your productivity..... you will be slaves

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Are you referring to Trump?

The reality is that those nuttier than squirrel [bleep] are starting to take over the Republican Party and drown out the voices of the rest. The far right has adopted the cancel culture just as the far left has.

100% on both.
Well said JM.

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by Sycamore
I think the term for the middle of the political spectrum is "moderates".

kind of where most people live and work, not on the fringe of either party.

there appears to be either more money, or more media air time on the far ends of the spectrum, so that is where the politicians of both persuasions spend their time.

Can you define what a "moderate" is and cite examples of how they view particular issues?

For me personally, I think people better get over this idea that they are moderate anything. Whether a person likes it or not, you better be on one side or the other, and if you are on the left, you are no friend of anyone on the right. IMHO moderates are just too gutless to make a stand with one side or the other.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (1Longbow, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 1936M71, 72 invisible), 2,287 guests, and 1,167 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,672
Posts18,513,175
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.