B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by OldHat
Originally Posted by battue
Originally Posted by jorgeI
I can tell you guys for a fact, Hornady's about shut down due to the bologna virus. When coupled with demand, there you are...

Yes the Chinese virus is a big problem in supply chains, but it's not like they have a bunch of people using hand loaders. I mean these are automated processes, no? If anything can be manufactured through an automated assembly I would think ammo would be.

If you have a big supply problem....what are you going to make with your automated processes?

Well ... obviously nothing, but why do one minute you hear they are running 24/7 and the next minute they are shut down.

I'm just curious as to what "supplies" exactly are in short supply. How short.

That's just the way I think. I like numbers. I always dig deeper than, "okay, thanks for the explanation".

I can only speak for federal, they do not have a supply issue with raw materials it is strictly a demand issue. They can only produce so manyRounds per day, and the demand exceeds that.They also do not produce every caliber they are capable of producing every day.

O
OldHat Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by slumlord
I don’t go “pew pew pew” in the backyard.

I’m in need of nothing

One tag. One bullet. And if you hunt every year that doubles as target practice too.

That's how I roll.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by copperking81
Originally Posted by UPhiker
As far as NICS checks go, remember that one check can involve multiple guns. I've seen a lot of new owners buy both a handgun and a long gun for protection. Before I retired last week, the shop I worked at was at 8500 guns for the year. Our previous best was 6300.

Good point.

So true, handgun in 9mm and a 12 gauge shotgun?(just an example )And they want ammo for both, lots of ammo for both....

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by slumlord
I don’t go “pew pew pew” in the backyard.

I’m in need of nothing

One tag. One bullet. And if you hunt every year that doubles as target practice too.

That's how I roll.

Most people I know don’t hunt but they shoot a lot, I hunt and shoot a lot :-)

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I can tell you guys for a fact, Hornady's about shut down due to the bologna virus. When coupled with demand, there you are...

Yes the Chinese virus is a big problem in supply chains, but it's not like they have a bunch of people using hand loaders. I mean these are automated processes, no? If anything can be manufactured through an automated assembly I would think ammo would be.

If you have a big supply problem....what are you going to make with your automated processes?

Well ... obviously nothing, but why do one minute you hear they are running 24/7 and the next minute they are shut down.

That's just the way I think. I like numbers. I always dig deeper than, "okay, thanks for the explanation".

Perhaps because at one time they had supplies, extra employees and easy transport....and now they don’t. Their business is to sell their product. You think one of them wouldn’t put it on the shelves...if another company couldn’t?

Sometimes one can dig deep while the answers don’t require it....

laissez les bons temps rouler
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

A friend of mine has a connection there. They are shut down for all practical purposes.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
O
OldHat Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
O

Perhaps because at one time they had supplies, extra employees and easy transport....and now they don’t. Their business is to sell their product. You think one of them wouldn’t put it on the shelves...if another company couldn’t?

Sometimes one can dig deep while the answers don’t require it....

Perhaps. I agree covid has had a fluctuating affect through out the year.

No, I think all the companies would sell all they had. I just wish I could see numbers of where and when. Like I said. I like numbers.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
This seems to happen every election cycle.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

O
OldHat Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
O

A friend of mine has a connection there. They are shut down for all practical purposes.

Thanks for the info.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JamesJr
In my part of the world, ammo is extremely hard to find, and when word gets out that a store has some, it is usually gone within a couple of hours. There are still shotgun shells on the shelves, but rifle and pistol ammo is just not to be found. I have heard of some deer hunters who waited too late about buying some, and have had to sit out the season as a result. That is what I call extremely poor planning.

That's not poor planning. That's stupidity at its finest.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mirage243
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I have heard of some deer hunters who waited too late about buying some, and have had to sit out the season as a result.

Fuqk em, I can't imagine owning a deer rifle and not having several boxes of ammo for it.

Never bought a rifle that I didn’t immediately go & buy 600 rds for it. That’s my minimum. Have way more for my .338 as it was a rifle used most frequently. Semi autos burn at a faster rate, so of course you need more.

Lucky to have some connections here to help w some .223 desires

But nothing on shelves around here besides 10mm. I need to unload some Benjamin’s on my kids to go buy it I guess 🤷🏻‍♂️

Both my wife & daughter have 10mm pistols as their berry picking guns.

Am leery to let my kids shoot up much because I see it getting worse before ever better.

I wonder if a FISA request would let us know how much the govt is buying up to keep their employees armed ?

I could see that being a strategy of the new administration IF they take over which sadly seems more likely w each passing day

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
One thing is certain, the more threads people post about ammo shortages, the better the situation will get.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hubert
Who closed the LEAD mine in the USA>>>

The EPA under Obama

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
O
OldHat Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by smokepole
One thing is certain, the more threads people post about ammo shortages, the better the situation will get.

I'm sure most people reading this thread are not the problem. Now if CBS news runs a story on gun purchases I suspect that has an effect.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The shortage is real. The fact that it exists is ridiculous.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Sure be glad when China and India start selling hunting ammo. I think we're being scammed, gun control is impossible to implement, but ammo availability renders a gun about useless. You ain't seen nothing yet, just wait till the dumocrats gain control.

Life is good live it while you can.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
What numbers would make you happy? Where or from whom do you think you can find them? However.....until someone or you can come up with them....the numbers on the shelves are little to none..

Restaurant sales are down, same with airlines, trucking, sports, hospital electives, brick and mortar sales, etc, etc.....why would the numbers of rifle components be any different?

laissez les bons temps rouler
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by smokepole

I'm sure most people reading this thread are not the problem.

Sure, and nobody here stocked up on toilet paper either.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Restaurant sales are down, same with airlines, trucking, sports, hospital electives, brick and mortar sales, etc, etc.....why would the numbers of rifle components be any different?

Battue, when you say "numbers of rifle components, are you talking sales figures or available inventory?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
What numbers would make you happy? Where or from whom do you think you can find them? However.....until someone or you can come up with them....the numbers on the shelves are little to none..

Aren't the sales of rifle components up while the sale other things listed are down? Seems that the one contradicts the other.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

410 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 160user, 163bc, 1lesfox, 36 invisible), 2,014 guests, and 1,136 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,245
Posts18,486,121
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.