OldHat Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by 405wcf
Originally Posted by OldHat
Originally Posted by saddlesore
Some can conjure up a conspiracy about anything. I don't thing there is one. BamBam hit the nail on the head though.

I find numbers more convincing. I never see numbers. Did you see the NICS numbers I posted. They don't seem as "through the roof" as portrayed in media. They seem to be on a more steady increase.

I see your point though ... we've never seen anyone conspire before.Nah, not here. LOL

From a business perspective, these numbers are huge. October 2020, the last month for data, is a 38% increase! A quick eyeball of the months since the pandemic began appear to be similar in growth. Think about this: few businesses can meet a 38% increase in immediate demand. If they can, their utilization of capital is very poor.

I know of businesses that are currently having a difficult time keeping their operations running due to covid related illnesses. What do you do if you don't have enough people show up to run the place?

Put the tinfoil away, the only conspiracy is a confluence of negative events that is hampering many industries at this time.

405wcf

Where can I find the numbers?

GB1

O
OldHat Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Dess

I agree. I also wonder if the manufacturers ship to their best customers first. The trickle down to the general public will be slow indeed.

Interesting question. Is there a distribution priority list.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Just for informational purposes, Blazer Brass 9mm 115gr ammo is going for $11.09 a box of 50 at one of the largest distributors.

O
OldHat Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
405wcf: Just talked this morning with a gun store owner and he told me he has NOT had an ammunition shipment of ANY KIND in OVER 3 months!
Normally he gets two shipments a week!

Wow. There must be a distribution priority.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Hammer2506
Some fu:cking 30-30 rounds $5 a piece whointhefuck woulda ever thought they’d see price gouging like this,,, hell I’m gone list some on here for $500 a box

This is about half of what I have in commercial big game ammo. All full boxes.

[Linked Image]

#aintMuch

😂

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
IC B2

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
405wcf: Just talked this morning with a gun store owner and he told me he has NOT had an ammunition shipment of ANY KIND in OVER 3 months!

I call BS. Ammo doesn't come separately. It comes from the same distributors, at the same time, as you get everything else you order. He must not be talking to his sales people.

O
OldHat Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Slavek
I'm sure demand is way up, but I don't understand how production still seems to lag so enormously. Midsouth shooters don't even allow back orders on much ammunition. What? Does this mean the manufacturers just said you will never get any ammo.

Is it possible to see ammunition production numbers and the distribution of this ammo across the country.

Is ammunition artificially minimized. A box here a box there. I'm very, very skeptical.

No shortage of ammo. You folks got to get through your rather thick skulls that you are your own worst enemies. Ask any grade school kid about supply vs. demand and how buying anything that hits the shelves or the internet can help. crazy

Anyone who understands supply and demand curves also understands there are always confounding factors in real life.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by UPhiker

I call BS. Ammo doesn't come separately. It comes from the same distributors, at the same time, as you get everything else you order. He must not be talking to his sales people.

I know federal, does not just sell to distributors, they have some major players that they sell Direct to, Ammunition and components.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I know there is little to no hope of getting 6.8 SPC ammo anytime soon. What fun is an AR when you can't shoot it?

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by BamBam

I know federal, does not just sell to distributors, they have some major players that they sell Direct to, Ammunition and components.

They also sell to the big box stores but over the past few years, many of them have stopped selling ammo.

IC B3

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by moosemike
I know there is little to no hope of getting 6.8 SPC ammo anytime soon. What fun is an AR when you can't shoot it?
That's got nothing to do with this. The 6.8 SPC has been dead for a few years.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Hammer2506
Some fu:cking 30-30 rounds $5 a piece whointhefuck woulda ever thought they’d see price gouging like this,,, hell I’m gone list some on here for $500 a box

This is about half of what I have in commercial big game ammo. All full boxes.

[Linked Image]

#aintMuch

😂

agreed

I ain't posting any ammo/components pics

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Of course the ammo shortage is real, cause of the numbskulls that think they need a 5 year supply and buy everything they see to feed that "need" . Pretty selfish and not very considerate of others.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Yes it does. It was available on store shelves until this hit

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Of course the ammo shortage is real, cause of the numbskulls that think they need a 5 year supply and buy everything they see to feed that "need" . Pretty selfish and not very considerate of others.

Go fuqk yourself, it's MY money, I'll do what I want with it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gunswizard

Nice. I suppose you're all for food & gas rationing too, right?

Or, hey, how 'bout a government lottery system for toilet paper & potatoes? That commie enough for ya'?

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U

Yes it does. It was available on store shelves until this hit
A few boxes here and there, but it was never a top or medium tier cartridge in popularity. Remington has never properly promoted their new cartridges. The last one they did was the 25/06 and 7mm mag. They didn't do much with the 6mm, 260, 708, SA mags, Umags, etc. Should I go on?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
So go ahead and be a selfish slob, buy all the ammo you want but when the other guy gets there before you don't be crying here. WTF does gas rationing have to do with the ammo shortage, never mentioned rationing or gov. control you did there jackwagon.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm sure none of the Democrat governors are using COVID as cover to restrict production in their states.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Gunbroker has more ammo for sale than most people would want or could afford. I just now made a bid on 200 rounds of .30-06 that will be a decent price even if it goes to my max bid.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 10ring1, 19rabbit52, 62 invisible), 3,041 guests, and 1,272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,490
Posts18,471,914
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.