Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Not disgusting, rather a mental illness. OCD perhaps ?

GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Not disgusting, rather a mental illness. OCD perhaps ?

Aren’t you GLOCKDOOFUS’s sock pup?

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by skeen
Originally Posted by Pappy348
I can sympathize a bit with those who finally realized that they need some protection and didn’t know what would happen in a crisis. I’d even help them out a bit if I could, just like I’d give them a little TP so they wouldn’t have to use their socks.

This is just in the downstairs utility room. I have more in the bathrooms and basement. Life is too short to wipe your ass with socks. smile

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I bet there is 270 ammo in the cabinets. LOL

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by slumlord
I wish I could have afforded more towards hoarding when the hoarding was easy.

Im saving for a testicle reduction surgery. Dr Kenneth Noisewater is getting pretty sassy.

Save your coin. Book a trip to the Congo. They introduced a vegetarian Piranha (or so they thought) and turns out it dines on human genitalia. No kidding. It’ll hurt I’m sure but you’ll have more ammo funds.

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BobBrown
I can sympathize a bit with those who finally realized that they need some protection and didn’t know what would happen in a crisis. I’d even help them out a bit if I could, just like I’d give them a little TP so they wouldn’t have to use their socks.

This is just in the downstairs utility room. I have more in the bathrooms and basement. Life is too short to wipe your ass with socks. smile

Gotta wonder if he has enough food on hand to generate the “target” for all that buttfloss. Need to have a balanced approach, lest you end up eating the Charmin.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Originally Posted by night_owl
There's no evidence of a shortage.

Cheaper Than Dirt has plenty.

And I'm not even sure that Midway has a box of anything currently

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Well I know there's not in mine. I'm still looking for 270

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Gotta wonder if he has enough food on hand to generate the “target” for all that buttfloss. Need to have a balanced approach, lest you end up eating the Charmin.

Me and the boys have 5 deer in the freezer so far this year, and Kansas rifle season hasn't even opened up yet. wink

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Stacked right alongside the 6.5 Creedmoor. grin

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by country_20boy
So, anyone who has seen this crap happen repeatedly and takes steps long beforehand to not get caught short again is a hoarder.

Anyone who goes out to buy something he needs and has a chance to buy a little extra so he won’t have to go on the prowl for more in a month or so is selfish.

Whadya call someone who keeps letting the same predictable situation bite him in the azz over and over and over, and thinks the solution is to call sensible people names?

Whiney dumbazz comes to mind.

I know you're not calling me names, because I'm not whining and I'm not buying ammo..... Simply made an observation of what I've seen. Panic buying is contagious and exacerbates the problem. Same thing with TP, meat, and whatever else has been in short supply in 2020

Have never panic bought ammo . My ammo supply is such that I feel comfortable in spite of market conditions. My LEO brother says he's coming to my house if SHTF.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
Then you have the hoarders (who think the 10,000 rounds in their closet isn't enough) .

For somebody who shoots 200 rounds a week, 10k wouldn't last a year.

Not talking about those guys. They are extremely rare. I'm talking about Bubba, who doesn't shoot a 30 rounds a year, but buys it just in case.....

For people who do not shoot, they will never shoot a magazine full at another person in their entire life. If they buy 50 rounds at a scalper price for $100, it should not matter. What's the problem there?

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Glad I stocked up on supplies a few years ago. You can’t have too much.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No issues here in Northern Colorado. I don't buy factory ammo but anything I WOULD buy is generally in stock, with a few box limit.

Powder, primers, etc are all pretty readily available.

My household shoots...... A LOT. But we have no problem buying more components than we shoot.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
My family has just quit shooting. If you can't replace what you have, keep what you got. We'll make an exception today and probably run through a 1k rounds after dinner.

Life is good live it while you can.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Do those that hoard just not shoot what they hoard? As in they buy it, hold on to it, and never shoot it? I get the sense that is not uncommon with the "hoarders", which to me is irrational.

If you looked at my stash, you'd probably think I'm a hoarder but I don't consider myself one. I shoot a lot and keep inventory to ride out spikes in short demand. I'll say that this shortage has changed my shooting habits though, because I don't know when the insanity will end.

I'm also not opposed to selling off what I've got. When 500rd boxes of 9mm NATO are going for over $400... hard not to pass that up.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ammunition seems cheap to me. Even with the recent high prices. What do you replace it with?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ammunition seems cheap to me. Even with the recent high prices. What do you replace it with?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by 79S
Can someone spot me a half a box 9mm for the revolution? I’m good for it..

I got you covered. FTF trade only....

I've not thought about this before but I need to research the laws on mineral rights, etc....concerning lead. There's a massive lead deposit at one location on my property. Can .gov come take it?

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by duck911
No issues here in Northern Colorado. I don't buy factory ammo but anything I WOULD buy is generally in stock, with a few box limit.

Powder, primers, etc are all pretty readily available.

My household shoots...... A LOT. But we have no problem buying more components than we shoot.

I smell bullsheit.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
My family has just quit shooting. If you can't replace what you have, keep what you got. We'll make an exception today and probably run through a 1k rounds after dinner.

The point for me of having a good supply is so I don’t have to do that or, perish the thought, not be able to go hunting, which seems to have been a possibility for some here. Not going to sit on it. If it lasts long enough, what I shoot might be affected eventually.

Been wondering if and when there will be an effect on the nearby shooting range’s business. Since I try to go on slow days, I haven’t noticed any, but a lot of people come up from the city to shoot pistols and ARs, and most of those aren’t reloaders.

What fresh Hell is this?
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (12344mag, 1234, 10ring1, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 59 invisible), 2,905 guests, and 1,181 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,796
Posts18,477,396
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.