Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I sure wouldn't start that project unless I had a 4x4, 2005 - 2007 Excursion. The ride, turning and handling of the later coil spring models is money well spent.

Life is good live it while you can.

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C

Now Roy will play the victim.

Just like clockwork.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Done the conversion thing with a 78 Ford Crew and a 12v Cummins.

It was fun for a while, but I'd not bother with it again.

Big mistake running the Chrysler Auto trans.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by deflave

Even his insincere interest is evidence of a bad idea.

Roger that... but I've always been a square peg round hole kinda guy.

I have a master mechanic available... and he needs ammo and primers.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Higginez

Agree, but I can do a stage 3 for $1800.

A stage 3 should hold up if I don't get stupid on the engine upgrades.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CashisKing

ZF-6 or NV4500 is where'd I'd be.

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C

NV4500...

Unicorn tears.

Sold a fubar 4500 core for $1200... and that was 7 years ago.

But I'll keep looking...

Edit... seem to alot on EBay... quite surprised to be honest.

NV4500 is a damn good transmission... after the 5th gear fix...

Input shaft varies from Chevy to Dodge... spline count.

Last edited by CashisKing; 11/27/20. Reason: Edit

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Oldidaho
Consider getting a late series Ford 7.3 diesel from a 2000 to early 2003 F250 or F350. Basically a drop in to a 2003 Excursion which is a 3/4 ton chassis.

I am very fond of the 12 valves... owned many. In my considered opinion from all that I've owned... at least 25 of them... the 12 valve is the only truck you can own drive for 10 years, use as a normal truck but not abused or neglected and sell for a profit when you are done with it.

I am fond of the 7.3 but does not have the cult following of a Cummins nor the durability in my humble opinion.

I had a 6.0 in a F-550. It was an absolute Powerhouse of a combination, but when I opened the hood I would break out in cold sweats. It is terrifying how complicated it is to me.

On one of my old Dodge trucks I was having weak power. Took 30 minutes to remove all 6 injectors. Another 30 minutes to drive them to a friend who did a pop test for me. $37 for the one bad injector and 30 minutes to reinstall.

Low-pressure fuel delivery is the stuff that diesel engine dreams are made of in my opinion.

Had 25, fond of them. got rid of them. Own & drive drive 10 years. Driving MF'r here. sell for profit, but will buy more. I must really be drunk. Or they didn't sell alcohol just to me. wink

L
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
L

I’d make sure you fix the 5th gear issue prior to using a NV4500

Brad
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Let’s Go Brandon
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by gunzo
Consider getting a late series Ford 7.3 diesel from a 2000 to early 2003 F250 or F350. Basically a drop in to a 2003 Excursion which is a 3/4 ton chassis.

I am very fond of the 12 valves... owned many. In my considered opinion from all that I've owned... at least 25 of them... the 12 valve is the only truck you can own drive for 10 years, use as a normal truck but not abused or neglected and sell for a profit when you are done with it.

I am fond of the 7.3 but does not have the cult following of a Cummins nor the durability in my humble opinion.

I had a 6.0 in a F-550. It was an absolute Powerhouse of a combination, but when I opened the hood I would break out in cold sweats. It is terrifying how complicated it is to me.

On one of my old Dodge trucks I was having weak power. Took 30 minutes to remove all 6 injectors. Another 30 minutes to drive them to a friend who did a pop test for me. $37 for the one bad injector and 30 minutes to reinstall.

Low-pressure fuel delivery is the stuff that diesel engine dreams are made of in my opinion.

Had 25, fond of them. got rid of them. Own & drive drive 10 years. Driving MF'r here. sell for profit, but will buy more. I must really be drunk. Or they didn't sell alcohol just to me. wink

Used to flip them dumbass... over 20 years.

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Even his insincere interest is evidence of a bad idea.

Roger that... but I've always been a square peg round hole kinda guy.

I have a master mechanic available... and he needs ammo and primers.

Don't listen to Clarke, she's having a diabetic coma after one piece of pie yesterday.

I am sincere. I legit wanted to do it to a 3/4 ton Suburban I had. But they wanted the Suburban, and a motor with transmission, and would only charge 10k to put it together if memory serves. Excursions never horned me up. At least their not jap though, and this day in age that's something!

MAGA
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G

Driving them for 10 years, your quote, is not flipping them, genius

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Don't listen to Clarke, she's having a diabetic coma after one piece of pie yesterday.

Damn.... i didn't know.

Is there a go fund me account.

Afterall... We are all in this together.

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C

Driving them for 10 years, your quote, is not flipping them, genius

I keep some (10 years)... and flip others (over 20 years)

You an inbred or something? Let it go.

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by LowerRiver

I’d make sure you fix the 5th gear issue prior to using a NV4500

Yep.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Ballz is not welcome.

Clear enough?

Roy, you are not welcome to comment on my post.

Not because I'm rude or inconsiderate but because you are so exceptionally stupid and have the maturity of a 12 year old girl and contribute absolutely nothing other than to attempt to hijack every post you interject on by making it all about you.

I would not take your advice on how to fill a bucket with water. Do you get it yet I consider you to be a complete and total blithering idiot.

Did I put a sharp enough point on it for you?

gunner500 is his best friend.

Just ask him.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Now there yo go. throwin the inbred out. And where you're typing from? Maybe we cousins crazy Not a subject.

Swaps are serious as you think you know. Cheesecake at times, monumental at times. You flip, you drive some. You'd do a swap like this for short term? Or to flip? Pointing out that with all your contradictions, your swap seems ridiculous that's all.

What does it accomplish? A doomsday vehicle? Something you can run on french fry oil? Get killer fuel mileage? It still runs after an EMP?

Nothing to let go here. The nonsense of the project has never been established. What would it all accomplish? Seriously? I've been a motor head most of my life, maybe I want one too.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
use to have a site saved that had conversion kits for ford and Chevys, will see if I can find it.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Now there yo go. throwin the inbred out. And where you're typing from? Maybe we cousins crazy Not a subject.

Swaps are serious as you think you know. Cheesecake at times, monumental at times. You flip, you drive some. You'd do a swap like this for short term? Or to flip? Pointing out that with all your contradictions, your swap seems ridiculous that's all.

What does it accomplish? A doomsday vehicle? Something you can run of french fry oil? Get killer fuel mileage? It still runs after an EMP?

Nothing to let go here. The nonsense of the project has never been established. What would it all accomplish? Seriously? I've been a motor head most of my life, maybe I want one too.

And to think... until you spoke up Ballz was considered the dumbest SOB on 24HC

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Ballz is not welcome.

Clear enough?

Roy, you are not welcome to comment on my post.

Not because I'm rude or inconsiderate but because you are so exceptionally stupid and have the maturity of a 12 year old girl and contribute absolutely nothing other than to attempt to hijack every post you interject on by making it all about you.

I would not take your advice on how to fill a bucket with water. Do you get it yet I consider you to be a complete and total blithering idiot.

Did I put a sharp enough point on it for you?

gunner500 is his best friend.

Just ask him.

LOL

But didn't Gunner go to the rally in DC? I though ballz said bad things about those guys? Or was it bad things about everybody but Gunner?

MAGA
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 22250rem, 1badf350, 204guy, 60 invisible), 2,264 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,003
Posts18,500,053
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.