-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 23 of 24 1 2 21 22 23 24
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Congrats Andy - looks like you had another successful season. All fine animals really like that blacktail - nice buck!!

"Rather hunt Mule deer than anything else"
"Team 7MM-08"
GB1

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Oregonmuley
Congrats Andy - looks like you had another successful season. All fine animals really like that blacktail - nice buck!!

Thanks! I was hunting her out of a tree stand and had a bomber blacktail come it at 40 yards behind the stand. Apparently he caught me moving because when I finally noticed him we were already in a staring contest.... He decided it was time to leave before the kid could get on him. Sneaky bastards.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
S H A Z A A M !!

Way to Go.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Congrats all, looks like a great year aheider.

A wolf is on the bucket list Tiny.

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by JPro
Green light & red dot specials behind my house. Oldest and I walked back to a stand I have there and pulled down a good sow for some freezer filler. Been just boars so far this year. Little guys came back at dark, so I lined them up and lit them up. We can now do that year-round in LA. Blue box Federal .308 150s work just fine.

Local guy makes great pineapple and pepperjack smoked link sausage, and the kids have been waiting on it.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Awesome JPro! That sausage sounds really good.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by aheider
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I would say that you have had a great season! Congratulations

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Love that blacktail!

LOL
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
I've been fortunate enough to hunt Montana for around 12 seasons now, but have never taken a whitetail out there before this season. Fell in love with mule deer hunting my first trip out there, and have been fortunate to take a few nice bucks along the way. I was watching a meadow with several smaller bucks and does/yearlings when I happened to glance behind me. Noticed a big body out at about 600 yards. The closer he got, the more interested I got, but I still didn't know what he truly was. Luckily for me, he starting bumping does and closed to 250 yards with about 20 minutes of light left. Took the shot, and could not have been more pleased when I walked up to him.
6x7. NULA 280ai, with 160gr Partition. You never know what Montana will gift you!

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
That’s a hoss!

Stuck in airports, Terrorized
Sent to meetings, Hypnotized
Over-exposed, Commercialized
Handle me with Care...
-Traveling Wilbury's
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Salute YOU first '. Thanks for your service!!!!!!

Yes Sir that's a hoss, no doubt. Glad 4 U

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by USMC2602
I've been fortunate enough to hunt Montana for around 12 seasons now, but have never taken a whitetail out there before this season. Fell in love with mule deer hunting my first trip out there, and have been fortunate to take a few nice bucks along the way. I was watching a meadow with several smaller bucks and does/yearlings when I happened to glance behind me. Noticed a big body out at about 600 yards. The closer he got, the more interested I got, but I still didn't know what he truly was. Luckily for me, he starting bumping does and closed to 250 yards with about 20 minutes of light left. Took the shot, and could not have been more pleased when I walked up to him.
6x7. NULA 280ai, with 160gr Partition. You never know what Montana will gift you!

Awesome Buck congratulations

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter

Awesome Buck congratulations

Very nice! Great buck!

Semper Fi
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

That's a bruiser, man!

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Thanks for the kind words, gentlemen. I’ll miss Montana next year, as I’m finally checking one off the bucket list and doing a DIY drop in Alaska moose with a great friend. But, I’m already booked in Montana for 2022.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
That’s a great whitetail congratulations. Proof that no matter what the species there’re are dandy’s to be found.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thats a nice buck. Congrats!

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

J
Joe Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Most excellent USMC2602 and Thanks for your service!

Shew me thy ways, O LORD: teach me thy paths.
"there are few better cartridges on Earth than the 7 x 57mm Mauser"
"the .30 Springfield is light, accurate, penetrating, and has surprising stopping power"
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Just another year of typical pubic land hunting, nothing fancy.

Started out in January of 2020 with a late Wyoming cow for me:

[Linked Image from photos.imageevent.com]

Helped a good friend from Laramie with this elk:

General season WY elk for myself and 3 buddies...all of us shot elk.

Found this bull and since my buddy had never shot a bull, and I've killed a ton of them:

I shot this cow a couple days later, one of my other buddies shot a spike about an hour earlier too:

My other friend with his cow, all of us tagged out:

My Dad drew a breaks bull tag and a b-tag for a cow in Montana so hit the road to help him in early November. Worked out right fair, good to see Dad still hunting elk at 75:

And one for the table:

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Having hunted elk a lot, I particularly like the youngish cow that fell near the road.... grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Next up "guiding" my nephews in Montana.

Youngest nephew first, shot this whitetail buck at 120 yards with my late grandfathers .243 and 100 grain nosler solid base bullets:

While walking up this deer we cut 7 sets of elk tracks. I loaded the deer in my pack and decided to track the elk for a while...an hour and a half later we caught up to them. My nephew got a good rest and shot one of the cows, his first elk, from 362 yards with the same .243 and 100 grain solid base bullets. Not a bad couple hours of hunting for a 13 year old:

Oldest nephew got a few days off school so...

Found this buck which he shot with his 7-08 at 383 yards with a 120 grain ballistic tip...excellent shot and his best whitetail so far:

Took a day off from guiding my nephews, on my birthday, found this buck in a place I've hunted for 40 years with a rifle in my hand.

Nephew filled his b-tag on the last day:

Took off to hunt a friends place in Illinois after that, had a chance at a really good buck but had a little trouble with my muzzleloader. So on the last day of the hunt with a few minutes of legal light left, shot this buck. First time I've hunted that far east...by several hundred miles. I saw enough that I'll be going back...for sure.

Last edited by BuzzH; 12/15/20.
Page 23 of 24 1 2 21 22 23 24

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

353 members (257 mag, 1lesfox, 163bc, 1badf350, 160user, 06hunter59, 34 invisible), 2,346 guests, and 1,050 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,329
Posts18,526,586
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.