Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Costco has dropped them. A while back, in one of our periodic threads about razors, several members said that they're good razors at a good price. I didn't need any at the time but now I do. I found that the store has dropped them and only refills are available online. I asked a stocker what happened to them and he said they apparently weren't selling so Costco dropped them.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Sunsabitches.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Costco only cares about money.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
Costco only cares about money.

The dirty bastards.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’ve noticed that’s been a trend.... all my life, come to think if it.

Don’t worry, Kamela Biden will fix it.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've been watching for their $12.99 blue jeans, haven't seen them all year. Hope they did not drop them.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I joined that Dollar Shave Club about 3 years ago. I don't have an opinion on whether they are good or not but they have sent me so many of those damn things, I won't need a buy a razor for 5 years.

Speaking of Costco making money, I watched a video about them and how they make their money. While they certainly return a profit from their products, its pretty low. For example, Whole Foods and Dollar General has about a 30% profit margin, Wal-Mart is around 23% and Costco comes in around 11%

They rely heavily on the membership fees to drive their profits which allows them to sell a roasted chicken for $5. Also, if you look, you'll notice they seldom have more than one kind of a product, like that 64oz box of Cheezits. They only carry that size and they only carry that brand if possible, and there is no guarantee they will have it the next time you come in because they negotiate on volume sales to get the price point they want. If they don't get it, they stop carrying it.

Last edited by KFWA; 11/30/20.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
If you find some clothes that you like, buy a LOT of them because when they're gone, you'll never see them again. A couple years ago they had long sleeved merino t-shirts for about $20. I bought 8 of them and I'm glad I did. They're long gone in the store. It seems like the only thing they keep selling year after year is their merino socks.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
These are very gentle on my balls. You should give them a try.

https://www.schick.com/us/en/men/razor-and-blades/refillable-razors/quattro%c2%ae-titanium-razor/p/QFM-Ti-Razor

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
lemme know when they bring back v-neck t-shirts, the best

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Mother fuggers.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Costco is run by an anti gun liberal Billionaire here is the Seattle area.

General Mills took an $8B write down on Gillette after the "toxic masculinity" ads.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
maybe 'community organizers' should lay waste to the HQ...he can rebuild

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
If you find some clothes that you like, buy a LOT of them because when they're gone, you'll never see them again. A couple years ago they had long sleeved merino t-shirts for about $20. I bought 8 of them and I'm glad I did. They're long gone in the store. It seems like the only thing they keep selling year after year is their merino socks.

Truth.

It's not just Costco. Half the crap I have stored in our modest house was acquired because of the difficulty or uncertainty of being able to replace it. With clothes, it's because anything that fits and looks right on a mature man is no longer available, having been replaced by millennial crap, skinny pants being but one example. And try buying a quality sweat shirt that isn't a hoodie.

I was looking to replace a favorite sweater and it was no longer available, but I found one on Ebay, described as a "grandpa sweater".

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Cluggins
These are very gentle on my balls. You should give them a try.

https://www.schick.com/us/en/men/razor-and-blades/refillable-razors/quattro%c2%ae-titanium-razor/p/QFM-Ti-Razor
Wasn't that a hillbilly song from back in the seventies? "Gentle on My Balls"? Mac Davis or Bobby Baer or some other hick singer?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
No shixt? [bleep] uc kers! What brand and type panty hose do you recommend?

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Can someone post a picture of a Kirkland razor?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

My biggest issue with products I like is not so much that a retailer(s) quit stocking, but the manufacturers start trying to reduce production cost and increase profits by using cheaper materials, cutting processes and exporting production offshore lessening the quality and longevity.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wilkinsons!!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm totally happy with my Harry's razors. You can schedule how many refills you want them to send, and when. If you want to, you can delay a shipment. The razor itself is very comfortable to hold, has a non-slip grip, and comes with a protective travel cover. The blades themselves are German-made, stay sharp, cut clean and have a separate trim blade on the back for sideburns or tough-to-get-to places like right up under your nostrils. I like them so much I bought one just for travel.

I shave about every other day, and change blades once a month - well before I need to. Blades are about $2 each. If you run short for some reason, you can get blades (or full sets) at WalMart.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

516 members (007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 1OntarioJim, 219 Wasp, 1badf350, 219DW, 55 invisible), 2,387 guests, and 1,181 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,801
Posts18,496,314
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.