Hop To
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 15 16
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
That is a common question I see asked when any one is on a political discussion and the state I live in comes up..

yeah we are ran by lying cheating democ RATs, the city of Potland is here, and their favorite sons and daughters
are all Antifa idiots and BLM members and supporters...

the liberals can't legalize drugs fast enough....transients and thieves have more rights than their victims...

We're close to California state line, so we have an endless supply of more idiots wanting to move here,
to worsen the political situation, drive up cost of living...and Lord knows between those liberal transplants
and our own idiot liberals, there is no such a concept as too much taxation.....

You have all of that.... but then as an East Coast raised kid.... where Metro DC was home...

There is things and places here that don't exist on the East Coast....

Like this morning.. its 8 o'clock...and standing out on what use to be a golf course behind my house...
I am spending time starring at a big 7 x 7 Bull Elk, at less than 75 yds or so, as he is starring back at me..
and looking at his antlers which have to be growing to a height of 4 plus feet on each side of his head...
milling around him, is one or two smaller bulls grazing, with the small herd of 25 to 30 cows around them...

yeah, the neighbors house is in the background, but so what.....

Then there was Sunday....Got a call from Roy, asking if I felt like going shooting... Local Range is on lock down
by order of Queen Kate... I let him know, so he goes out Quartz Creek Road to find a place to shoot... I'm busy at home
today.....days all fogged in here....

About 2 PM, I am done with home crap, and head up in the direction Roy was going to look for a place to shoot..
Going up and up and up a dirt Forest Service Road for 30 minutes... Fog is getting thicker and thicker...
Finally ran into Roy... he's off the road parked....tells me its not too far up more that we'd be in sunshine...

He leads me on up the road, and finally the fog thins out and we are under nothing but blue Sky... hardly a cloud in sight..
We are probably at 4,000 altitude, you can see literally for hundreds of miles in any direction... South East, East and North East
we can see Snow Capped Mountain peaks...around us all in the distances you can see mountain tops and ridges in all directions..

They each look like Islands in a sea of gray fog, forested tops rising out of the fog that is around us, as far as the eye can see...
well over 100 miles in each direction... if you really look, you can see the curvature of the earth in the far distance...

Down in the Fog its chilly and damp... up here its warm and dry, and the temp is in the 70s.....

There is no place like this, any where on the east coast, which was and always will be home for me...Virginia..

Every where you go in this country.... you can find democRATs and those being in charge of all life it seems..

up at 4,000 ft and above a sea of fog down below, they are all gone.. you are away from all of that..

even with all the clowns tearing up forest service roads and the sides of banks, on their dirt bikes...

There is still a sense of peace....and you are away from it all.... and probably 15 miles from your front door..

and then this morning in the fog, there stands that big 7 x 7 bull elk with his little herd, right out your living room window..

this is why I live here.....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
That's a nice Roosevelt ..

" He who refuses to do the arithmetic is doomed to talk nonsense" John McCarthy

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Yeah,...but your state taxes finance the Communists who are in the process of killing America.

That's a heavy price to look at an elk.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Thanks for that, Seafire, I feel better now. Sometimes I forget.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Seafire, there are other places that share many of Oregon's natural qualities without the political downsides.
Elk.... check
Spectacular views... check
Majestic mtns ... check
Ocean..... not so much

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
All the Californians use to say "it's all worth it for the weather" not so much any more.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
The Communist Pacific Coast states are trying to kill themselves. But productive tax paying conservatives who insist on living there are keeping the political cancer that comes from there on life support.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Yeah,...but your state taxes finance the Communists who are in the process of killing America.
Do any of our federal taxes finance the Communists who are in the process of killing America...?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by antlers
Do any of our federal taxes finance the Communists who are in the process of killing America...?

Absolutely.

That's why I'm all for the Balkanization of the U.S.A.

But in the meantime, I'm not going to live behind enemy lines and finance the Communist states.

,...seen one elk, ya seen 'em all.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's none of my business where a person decides to live, or how they spend their money.

It's also none of their's where I choose to live, or how I choose to spend my money.

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by irfubar
Seafire, there are other places that share many of Oregon's natural qualities without the political downsides.
Elk.... check
Spectacular views... check
Majestic mtns ... check
Ocean..... not so much

No doubt Oregon is. beautiful state. Used to be. great hunting and fishing until the Dems destroyed that.

Check out the Steens, Owyhees before you die

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Might it be the chance at busting a cap in a squatch,s azz, that keeps people living up their???

And making big benjamins off being front page on the National Enquirer, talk show circuits, hunting show,s, and revenue from the carcass???

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Wackos of all stripes live in the Pacific Northwest. It seem to have a special talent for producing serial killers.

https://www.seattlepi.com/local/article/Why-are-there-so-many-serial-killers-in-the-3732021.php

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Life is what you make of it and beauty is where you find it.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Wackos of all stripes live in the Pacific Northwest. It seem to have a special talent for producing serial killers.

https://www.seattlepi.com/local/article/Why-are-there-so-many-serial-killers-in-the-3732021.php

Bristoe

Google the demographics and murder, home invasion rate of Baker City Oregon and Memphis, TN and report back on here. lol

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Kentucky's no slouch either. But you knew that.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Salty303

Living the dream in TN.

. You are one lucky guy living up in BC

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by ribka

Bristoe

Google the demographics and murder, home invasion rate of Baker City Oregon and Memphis, TN and report back on here. lol

Ok that’s funny...

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Salty303

I don't run into very many unsociable people in Kentucky,..and very few true wackos. Mostly, out here where I live there's 2 categories of people,...families who have lived here for generations and people who have moved out here to get out of the urban areas. This is a very conservative community about 30 miles north of Lexington. More than a few people who are tired of Lexington's commie schitt have moved up the road to here,...and most of the people here largely keep to themselves.

So there's a lot of people like me.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Coos Bay Oregon here, I own 11+ acres 8 miles from the beach as the crow flies, I have a hundred yard range in my front yard and a small landing strip for my ultralight in the back. I have a hard time coming to grips that I will have to sell and move because the [bleep]'n libs have made it impossible for me to retire here. even paid off I will never own my land, and I will be taxed right out of my retirement income when it come to that time, and that is right around the corner. Seems there is hardly a place to run to, so I guess it's stay and fight for what is mine. Kinda wish it would just come down to war on this ground, at least that way I have a fighting chance while I can still sight down the barrel and booby trap the perimeter.

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.
George Washington

Willie, smile
Coquille Valley Machine Works
541-260-6246
[email protected]

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (1936M71, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 12344mag, 163bc, 06hunter59, 64 invisible), 2,645 guests, and 1,357 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,597
Posts18,473,528
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.