Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 15 16
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by copperking81
When did Oregon start it's decent into liberal hell? Can anyone remember a time when it wasn't? Serious question... not trying to be a smart azz.

I lived and worked in Southern OR back in the boom days of logging, roadbuilding, dam building...'60's and '70's. To me it was blue collar conservative heaven. Decent wages, affordable housing, everything a working stiff with a family could ask for. You guys are probably right...immigration mostly at fault, but all up and down the I-5 corridor from Portland to Ashland was a string of re-education centers...they called them colleges and universities...they were turning out little Marxists and environmentalists at the rate of tens of thousands per year. And slowly without any fanfare, down she went, sweet Oregon, trying to imitate France.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by irfubar
Seafire, there are other places that share many of Oregon's natural qualities without the political downsides.
Elk.... check
Spectacular views... check
Majestic mtns ... check
Ocean..... not so much

No doubt Oregon is. beautiful state. Used to be. great hunting and fishing until the Dems destroyed that.

Check out the Steens, Owyhees before you die

Killed a sheep just south of the Steens a few years ago and have spent time around Owyhee.

Here is my story with Oregon, in 2005 friends and family talked me into moving to Oregon from N.W. Montana. I was told how conservative the county was. I had fond childhood memories of vacations to the Oregon coast and Cascades. So I moved, bought land and started to build a business. I tried to hire help, everybody who answered my ad wanted paid under the table as to not affect their disability payments.
It was a culture shock for me, the drug & entitlement culture was something I had not experienced before. If things weren't locked up they were stolen. The vast majority of Orgonians I interacted with were dirtbag entitled leftist. They would try and cheat, lie and conive every chance they got. I learned to hate most of them.
That being said I have some very fine friends that still live there and I visit often. Still love the coast.
As soon as I was able I moved back to N.W. Montana

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Originally Posted by Bristoe
The Marxist Cancer has infected EVERY STATE.

Some are just in a much more advanced stage.

If you paid Federal Taxes 2009-2016 you helped finance the most criminal POTUS Regime in American History.

So that whole Taxes argument is bunk.

Money is money. If you live in a commie state your state taxes are financing that state's commie activities.

Commie states should be starved out,..and they would *be* starved out if every conservative living in them moved to a red state.

You know thats a fallacious supposition. It may make you feel better but it ignores the reality of this country's socioeconomic situation.

No.

The first step in getting this country right again,.....if it ever happens,..is getting its people to split up and live among those who share their ideology,...to live together according to ideologies.

Those who insist on living behind enemy lines and supporting the enemy with their tax dollars are hindering the process.

They can justify it by talking about how pretty the commie mountains are,..or how big of a rack the commie elk have,...or how many commie salmon they catch.

But it doesn't matter. They need to quit fuggin' around and stop being the financial bitches of the commies.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
5 or 6 years ago, we seriously considered 25 acres outside of Roseburg. Things didn't work with the sale of our house so it all fell through. That was before the governor got the boot and the queen took over. Sometimes things work out for the best.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Oregon born and raised. Wish they would split the state and let bi- Kate have Portlandia I would live on the Eastern side if the lib-tards had no say and the East side could govern itself. I know it would never happen, but if the farmers and ranchers that work and feed us would shut down for a year, the big cities would die. Retired but still thinking of moving.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes we had elk in the front yard for maybe 25 years. Then the democrats started moving in slowly. Then someone start sneaking in a few wolves here and there. Not too bad. Now the wolves are coming down from Wyoming. Now they passed a law to introduce wolves now. Elk are slowly disappearing.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

If you paid Federal Taxes 2009-2016 you helped finance the most criminal POTUS Regime in American History.

Money is money. If you live in a commie state your state taxes are financing that state's commie activities.

Commie states should be starved out,..and they would *be* starved out if every conservative living in them moved to a red state.

You know thats a fallacious supposition. It may make you feel better but it ignores the reality of this country's socioeconomic situation.

No.

The first step in getting this country right again,.....if it ever happens,..is getting its people to split up and live among those who share their ideology,...to live together according to ideologies.

Those who insist on living behind enemy lines and supporting the enemy with their tax dollars are hindering the process.

They can justify it by talking about how pretty the commie mountains are,..or how big of a rack the commie elk have,...or how many commie salmon they catch.

But it doesn't matter. They need to quit fuggin' around and stop being the financial bitches of the commies.

Do the communist states still have to financially support the non-communist states?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by copperking81
Can anyone remember a time when it wasn't? Serious question... not trying to be a smart azz.

Yes.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I was born and raised in Roseburg, Oregon. Grew up in the country on a ranch. It was a redneck town. Loggers and millworkers. I am a proud redneck!!. I can go deer and elk, hunting 20 minutes from my house. I can go to the beach in a 1 1/2 hrs. I can be in central Oregon in 3hrs. Douglas County where I live is majority Republicans.
The problem started when the Californians started moving here in the 80's. Brought there liberal views with them.
Look at this years, vote by counties in Oregon. The majority of counties voted for Trump. But the counties where Portland, Salem, Eugene and Bend are, voted for Biden. They control our state. Don't worry these comies are moving to your state too.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
OHA LIFE MEMBER
RMEF LIFE MEMBER
*MOLON LABE SKYLA*
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by JimFromTN

No.

Do the communist states still have to financially support the non-communist states?

The communist states are too busy supporting the street people, the illegals, and the negroes. They can't collect enough taxes to support anybody else.

The only purpose the communist states serve is being a magnet for the parasites of American society.

The productive, conservative residents who live in the communist states work their lives away to support the street people, the illegals, and the negroes who trek there to take advantage of the communist politics which dominate the region.

,...but they get to look at a fuggin' elk every now and then for their contributions to the states Mad Dog 2020 fund.

IC B3

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
"Our son lives in the basement and collects beer cans to support himself because the Commies taxed his college fund away from us and gave it to the street people, the illegals, and the negroes. But it's okay!,...because I saw a big fuggin' elk out the back door today".

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
,...fuggin' idiots.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
30 years in the Old good Oregon left in 83 moved to Alaska. the difference for me between moving back to Oregon from Alaska is about 30% on taxes and loss of benefits in real dollars. Most of my family still live there and I like to visit rural Oregon but don,t want to live there any more. And when I visit its rural Oregon.

The quiet conservative Oregonian let the loud pushy outsiders take over and it is the mess it is now, sad!

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
,...fuggin' idiots.

Tell us how to live oh learned one who's state is perfect and who's schit doesn't stink. What percentage of eligible voters in Kentucky voted for Trump? What about the rest? Yeah you got it goin on Bristoe you miserable old coot maybe it just makes you feel good to call everyone down that isn't in your pretend microsphere? Or are you that miserable? And to think you may get to fish your neighbor's pond one day. Maybe. Livin the dream. hahahaha

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Salty303
Wackos of all stripes live in the Pacific Northwest. It seem to have a special talent for producing serial killers.

https://www.seattlepi.com/local/article/Why-are-there-so-many-serial-killers-in-the-3732021.php

Kentucky's no slouch either. But you knew that.

I don't run into very many unsociable people in Kentucky,..and very few true wackos. Mostly, out here where I live there's 2 categories of people,...families who have lived here for generations and people who have moved out here to get out of the urban areas. This is a very conservative community about 30 miles north of Lexington. More than a few people who are tired of Lexington's commie schitt have moved up the road to here,...and most of the people here largely keep to themselves.

So there's a lot of people like me.

Same thing here. I live in a Red part of the State with a population of 1400. We all hate Liberals and could care less if Portland burns.

We’d probably get along, if you weren’t such a scared twat about fishing your neighbors pond.

😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
The commie's bitches are out in force tonight.

"At least we can fish in a commie pond",....and schitt.

Ya'll put in some overtime tomorrow,....but some commie negro an extra pint of 2020.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
WORKERS OF THE WORLD UNITE!,....and work your ass off to support parasites,...

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
,....fuggin' idiots.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Virginia and North Carolina are on a similar path to Oregon. In particular Virginia. Virginia is going to be an absolute dumpster fire in another 10 years.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B - You realize your state is one of the biggest welfare states in the nation? Top 5.

Over 20% of Kentucky's income comes from commie welfare. Granted, 20% of Kentucky income ain't much in the big picture, but still.

You can crow about it all you like.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Page 4 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (12344mag, 1234, 10Glocks, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 153, 69 invisible), 2,329 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,536
Posts18,472,786
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.