Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by hatari
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
No. Its safety.

McDonald's will continue to only be concerned about workers safety....especially in areas with a 15 dollar min wage.

Safely replacing those humans with robots.....safely.

Natural result of liberal policies. Businesses automate, and entry level jobs are gone. High school and college age kids won't find any summer or part time work, and thus make entry into the permanent workforce more difficult. .

Incorrect. They just have to look for work. Like we had to do.

My 15 year old son is working all day today at one of his jobs at an archery shop.

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by tzone
No. Its safety.

McDonald's will continue to only be concerned about workers safety....especially in areas with a 15 dollar min wage.

Natural result of liberal policies. Businesses automate, and entry level jobs are gone. High school and college age kids won't find any summer or part time work, and thus make entry into the permanent workforce more difficult. .

My 15 year old son is working all day today at one of his jobs at an archery shop.

Archery shop eh?

Is that his excuse for why his right arm is bigger than his left?

I am MAGA.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G

Originally Posted by b_li_ber_tar_ian
Is it 10:30 yet? I'll eat at least 2 a day until they're discontinued again.

Ewwwwww🤢🤮

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Kenlguy
Originally Posted by tikkanut

I might visit a Mac D's once-twice a year

Breakfast burritos about as far I go....

Try the apple fritters and black coffee next time.

maybe so....

closest is 45 miles away

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I mentioned to a fellow recently

a fellow you say, do tell...what?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

IC B2

B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
First in line, they hadn't even flipped the menu from breakfast yet

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I need to see if ours still has any

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I want one, but it reminds me of the big & nasty... I mean tasty.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Fuqking niglit chit feed. No thanks...

Coyotes shot no waiting.
IC B3

B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by GRIZZ
Fuqking niglit chit feed. No thanks...

Niglets are driven from McD's once a year, at McRib time. Kind of like the Purge.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by b_li_ber_tar_ian
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

👍👍👍

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Can't get a truck and 14K trailer thru the driveup. I'm guessing that's by design.

LOL
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Out hunting .
Seeing midmorning to mid day action .
Something with a blonde rack trotted by about 150yds out thru the timber.

3 Mcribs for dinner tonight.
Most def pic or it never hapoened moment.
This hunt however is up to shot opportunities.

Bad enough jonesing for a Mcrib now.

Several of you had to mention the steak egg and cheese bagel.

Gawd those things were food of the gods!!!!

LOL!!!

Last edited by renegade50; 12/02/20.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 1911a1
Gee....wonder if Mathman likes the McRib?

That cracked me up

. I can see him with a McRib in one hand and a Bud lite in the other.

I bet his monocle just popped out and he dropped his Benson and Hedges cigarette into his farina.....

Now you fuggers got me giggling like a school girl !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by tzone
No. Its safety.

Archery shop eh?

Is that his excuse for why his right arm is bigger than his left?

James, you're on fire today !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
My Dad loved these things beyond anything I could ever comprehend. He used to say that once you have eaten what you had to eat, as in needed to eat, in order to keep going or survive, the Mc Ribs was like a gourmet meal.

My best friend thinks they are right up there in the heaven sent category.

I have eaten them, the sauce is pretty good for fast food, the Mc Rib itself, well if it was all I had to eat, I would eat it.

An older article but if the information is true, GAG !

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/11-amazing-facts-about-the-mcdonald-s-mcrib-170212930.html

11 Amazing Facts about the McDonald's McRib

The McDonald's McRib is back, hitting restaurants nationwide today. The legendary boneless pork sandwich, famously molded to resemble a rack of ribs, is both a feat of modern engineering and shrewd marketing.

It garners almost as much attention for its pseudo-meat shape as its impermanence on restaurant menus.

The barbecue-sauce-smothered sandwich was supposed to return at the end of October, but was pushed back to help boost end-of-the-year sales.

Better late than never.

1. The McRib came about because of a shortage of chickens.

In a 2009 interview with Maxim, Rene Arend, McDonald's first executive chef and inventor of the Chicken McNugget, explains that the McNugget was so popular when it was first introduced in 1979 that demand quickly outstripped chicken supply.

The legendary pork sandwich was developed out of necessity. Franchises that didn't have the Chicken McNugget needed a new hot-selling product — and that's when Arend scrambled back to the test kitchen.

2. The McRib was inspired by Southern BBQ.

Rene Arend modeled the McRib after the barbecue-sauce-slathered pork sandwiches he ate during a visit to Charleston, South Carolina.

The decorated French-trained chef, who once whipped up fancy culinary creations for the Drake Hotel, is also credited with coming up the unique shape of the sandwich.

Although the McRib doesn't contain a single bone, Arend suggested the meat be patterned after a slab of ribs instead of the classic round patty.

3. The McRib is a product of "restructured meat technology."

Rene Arend came up with the idea and design of the McRib, but it's a professor from the University of Nebraska named Richard Mandigo who developed the "restructured meat product" that the McRib is actually made of.

According to an article from Chicago magazine, which cites a 1995 article by Mandigo, "restructured meat product" contains a mixture of tripe, heart, and scalded stomach, which is then mixed with salt and water to extract proteins from the muscle. The proteins bind all the pork trimmings together so that it can be re-molded into any specific shape — in this case, a fake slab of ribs.

4. The whole process from fresh pork to frozen McRib takes about 45 minutes.

Director of McDonald's U.S. supply chain Rob Cannell explained how regular pig gets transformed into the famed McRib in an interview with Maxim: "The McRib is made in large processing plants—lots of stainless steel, a number of production lines, and these long cryogenic freezers. The pork meat is chopped up, then seasoned, then formed into that shape that looks like a rib back. Then we flash-freeze it. The whole process from fresh pork to frozen McRib takes about 45 minutes."

5. The entire McRib sandwich contains about 70 ingredients — including a flour-bleaching agent used in yoga mats.

As it appears out of the box, the McRib sandwich consists of just five basic components: a pork patty, barbecue sauce, pickle slices, onions, and a sesame bun.

But, as recently reported by Time magazine, a closer inspection of McDonald's own ingredient list reveals that the pork sandwich contains a total of 70 ingredients. This includes azodicarbonamide, a flour-bleaching agent often used in the production of foamed plastics.

The entire sandwich packs a whopping 500 calories, 26 grams of fat, 44 grams of carbs, and 980 milligrams of sodium.

6. The McRib debuted in 1981, disappeared in 1985, and has resurfaced from time-to-time since 1994.

Depending on where you read, McDonald's introduced the boneless pork sandwich sometime between 1981 and 1982. The fast-food concoction vanished in 1985, only to reappear as a limited-edition item in 1994.

The McRib has become something of a legend for its on-and-off appearances on McDonald's menus. The fleeting nature of the sandwich has generated a cult-like following.

7. Individual restaurants can actually order the ingredients for the McRib at any time.

The McRib pops up at McDonald's locations across the country sporadically. It's so random because the individual restaurants are able to offer the McRib whenever they feel like it. The practice has even inspired websites devoted to tracking McRib availability across the nation.

8. McDonald's keeps the McRib scarce because the sandwich's entire brand relies on it.

McDonald's has always known about its customers' weird obsession for the sandwich, and its marketing completely leverages the McRib's scarcity. Take its "Save The McRib" campaign in 2010, where it encouraged McRib fans to go online and sign a petition to keep the sandwich around for a while longer.

But a strategy like that only works with something that's as popular as the McRib is. If you make an unknown item scarce, nobody's going to care.

9. It'd be incredibly difficult for McDonald's to create more McRib-esque products, because that cult-like following is so hard to replicate.

McRib lovers are fanatical, but it wouldn't be this way if the phenomenon hadn't had decades to marinate in the hearts and minds of its fans. A wholly devoted fanbase for a new product would take years to develop, and even then, there's no guarantee that it would work.

McDonald's struck gold with the McRib, and it doesn't want to do anything to affect its brand. Even now, by offering the McRib nationwide twice just a year apart, it's walking a fine line. At what point will consumers get sick of it?

10. There's also speculation that the McRib is really just a big commodity trade by McDonald's.

The Awl's Willey Staley argues that whenever the sandwich springs up, hog prices are almost always in a trough.

Here's more of his argument on why McDonald's behaves like a trader: "Fast food involves both hideously violent economies of scale and sad, sad end users who volunteer to be taken advantage of. What makes the McRib different from this everyday horror is that a) McDonald’s is huge to the point that it’s more useful to think of it as a company trading in commodities than it is to think of it as a chain of restaurants b) it is made of pork, which makes it a unique product in the QSR world and c) it is only available sometimes, but refuses to go away entirely."

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Enjoy...

Coyotes shot no waiting.
Campfire Ranger
Online Shocked
Campfire Ranger
Add extra onions ...thank me latter.... yum

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by renegade50
Out hunting .
Seeing midmorning to mid action .
Something with a blonde rack trotted by about 150yds out thru the timber.

3 Mcribs for dinner tonight.
Most def pic or it never hapoened moment.
This hunt however is up to shot opportunities.

Bad enough jonesing for a Mcrib now.

Several of you had to mention the steak egg and cheese bagel.

Gawd those things were food of the gods!!!!

LOL!!!

You remember that breakfast sandwich Burger King had back in 05. The Enormous Omelette Sandwich.. Was at camp Jackson reclassing when that thing came out. We saw the calories in that thing and I never got one. Now I’m fat retired If they still had it on the menu, I destroy one of them just got chits and giggles.

Last edited by 79S; 12/02/20.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (338reddog, 10gaugemag, 8MMX57JS, Akhutr, 8 invisible), 871 guests, and 836 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,109
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.