Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
"Given the experience to date, what is the medical significance? What is the social significance? What is the political significance?"

What is the financial significance as well?

FJB & FJT
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Northman
Excess deaths... This year... 250.000 more Americans have died to date, then in the previous 5 years at this date.
Meaning... there are 250.000 more deaths then there should be, including every cause of death.. But... Covid 19.
This post runs quite counter to the data presented by the person with Johns Hopkins U in the OP. Please provide a credible source for your statement.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Well... just look up Excess deaths US... and you will see.

Its not to difficult to find out yourself.

Raw death numbers: https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/...p;time=earliest..latest&region=World

Compared to the previous last 5 years, mortality exceeded expectations by 250.000+ Americans.

The JHU article you want me to read was retracted...

Briand claimed no increase in deaths... but when looking at the numbers, Briand found that nearly all causes of deaths have gone down in 2020.. but more people have died then "normal" compared to the previous 5 last years. To the tune of 250.000+ by now.

"When Briand looked at the 2020 data during that seasonal period, COVID-19-related deaths exceeded deaths from heart diseases. This was highly unusual since heart disease has always prevailed as the leading cause of deaths. However, when taking a closer look at the death numbers, she noted something strange. As Briand compared the number of deaths per cause during that period in 2020 to 2018, she noticed that instead of the expected drastic increase across all causes, there was a significant decrease in deaths due to heart disease. Even more surprising, as seen in the graph below, this sudden decline in deaths is observed for all other causes."

"Briand concludes that the COVID-19 death toll in the United States is misleading and that deaths from other diseases are being categorized as COVID-19 deaths."

---

"Robert Anderson, chief of the Mortality Statistics Branch of the National Center for Health Statistics, also disputes Briand’s analysis. According to Anderson, Briand didn’t account for seasonal changes in deaths. “In the spring of 2020, during a period where we normally should be seeing declining mortality, deaths continued to increase and were at unusually high levels through the spring,” he told Lead Stories. “So, the comparison of the most lethal weeks in 2018 with the most lethal weeks of 2020 is not appropriate.”

“In 2018, deaths followed the normal pattern (although at a higher level than normal). In 2020, deaths did not follow the normal pattern…they should have been declining in the spring, but instead increased substantially,” Anderson added."

Again... Raw death numbers: https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/...p;time=earliest..latest&region=World

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well... just look up Excess deaths US... and you will see.
Its not to difficult to find out yourself. - - - - -
I have - went to the graph you cited and a bunch of other death info sites. The graph from which you quoted "excess deaths" does show a meaningful spike in all deaths in March through April, and another uptick later. However, that same graph has been headed sharply down and almost down to the annual lines by October - and indeed may well be sharply below the annual lines by the end of this year. The "excess" could be greatly diminished or even eliminated when the year final accounting is valid.

This could mean that the viral surge did account for a higher death rate for a period of time (maybe taking those most vulnerable), but that the sharply decreasing rate may show something rather normal overall as final for the year.

I'm not so smart as to be able to predict an accurate year total, but the Johns Hopkins study and its findings seems still to stand credible.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Well.. more and more people are admitted to hospitals all over the US.. so it seems more people are getting sick. Its exponential... Resulting in less and less beds available, even for those that need it for other reasons and the Covid patients.

Right now it´s 1000+ excess Americans deaths, each single day, compared to a "normal" day for the last 5 years.

So.. at the end of the year we will most likely see a huge uptick in more excess deaths...

IC B2

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Well.. more and more people are admitted to hospitals all over the US.. so it seems more people are getting sick. Its exponential... Resulting in less and less beds available, even for those that need it for other reasons and the Covid patients.

Right now it´s 1000+ excess Americans deaths, each single day, compared to a "normal" day for the last 5 years.

So.. at the end of the year we will most likely see a huge uptick in more excess deaths...

In NH, the vast majority of deaths are related to long -term care facilities. It sucks but those folks are compromised anyway. Those locations are also where PPEq use has been at its highest locally.
Nationwide, given that a high number of deaths are in urban schitholes such as NYC, I find it difficult to muster up any type of emotion.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
My father in law age 75 got it, lasted 10 days, about like a flu all healed up. Wife’s god parents both 70 and 71 got it about 7 days sick , typical flu both healed up. All tested positive. This is in the last 2 weeks.

Saw a report yesterday that said over 50% of all deaths in the US came out of nursing/long term care facilities. Do very many of them die with any regularity when Covid wasn’t here?

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
"It's exponential.."

laugh

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

The World Health Organization say, there was 275,000 excess death in the USA from i Jan to 16 Aug . Of that number 169,000 were covid.

CDC say pretty much the same things, they said there was 299,028 excess deaths from 1 Jan to 3 Oct.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

I agree with Northman. CDC and World Health Organization have very similar numbers Northman gave.

IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Looking only at the State I live in:
Oregon Health Authority data. Total deaths, all causes.
2017: 36,640
2018: 36,191
2019: 36,397
2020 Jan - Oct: 32,330

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]sad poems to make you cry

Last edited by longarm; 12/05/20.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
[quote=longarm]Looking only at the State I live in:
Oregon Health Authority data. Total deaths, all causes.
2017: 36,640
2018: 36,191
2019: 36,397
2020 Jan - Oct: 32,330

Seems its been starting to spike in November..

23 deaths on Nov 25
13 deaths on Nov 26
6 deaths on Nov 27
9 deaths on Nov 28
8 deaths on Nov 29
12 deaths on Nov 30
19 deaths on Dec 1
24 deaths on Dec 2
12 deaths on Dec 3
30 deaths on Dec 4, compared to 3-8 regularly sine July.

We´ll see by year end.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GunTruck50
I agree with Northman. CDC and World Health Organization have very similar numbers Northman gave.
I don't disagree with Northman regarding the sources/data he is quoting - I think he is noting what he sees there. All well and good.

I simply doubt the accuracy, and maybe the veracity, of those sources. I tend to trust the statements of medical academics somewhat more than government agencies. Hence, the questions posed.

The discussion will be moot when 2020 ends and IF we are able to get the actual death numbers from a reliable source. "Excess" or not, there is something final and definitive about death - and soon we should be able to get an accurate total number for 2020. One would hope.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Isn't it curious that China isn't reporting huge numbers? In fact, it's all but gone there according to the numbers.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Based on current infection rates by the end of the year we will see 4,000 a day die.
No it is NOT just like the flu.

Anthony Fauci, MD, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease, put it plainly: "The seasonal flu that we deal with every year has a mortality of 0.1%,” he told the congressional panel, whereas coronavirus is "10 times more lethal than the seasonal flu," per STAT news.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don’t worry if Biden makes into office the corona will be in the rear view mirror by February.. But they will roll out the corona from time to time, when they need to get all you sheep to fall back in line.

Last edited by 79S; 12/05/20.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by benquick
Based on current infection rates by the end of the year we will see 4,000 a day die.

Anthony Fauci, MD, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease, put it plainly: "The seasonal flu that we deal with every year has a mortality of 0.1%,” he told the congressional panel, whereas coronavirus is "10 times more lethal than the seasonal flu," per STAT news.

4K a day in the United States?

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by benquick

go to the hospital with the flu and they will put you in the Covid line, flu line doesn't exist anymore.

While covid itself is 10 times more lethal , he then takes his statement out of context and states it as an absolute, without consideration the main cause was heart disease.

Lots of reasons more people being admitted, everything from insurance pays for emergency/hospital, no wait as opposed for month and 1/2 appointment wait at doc., more baby boomers, and the biggest one

the PLACEBO effect

Most people don't have what it takes to get old
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Personally Im playing SCI,,, service corp. international

Most people don't have what it takes to get old
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Can't believe some folks believe the words that come out of Fauci's mouth. Do your homework as most of us have. All the numbers have been swayed politically!

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

345 members (17CalFan, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 1badf350, 348srfun, 345dl, 46 invisible), 2,245 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,973
Posts18,519,820
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.