Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Exchipy
Originally Posted by JB in SC
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by TWR
I carry a 43c when I run and sometimes when I go to town in my running shorts. 8 shots of Winchester Power Points in a gun that I shoot well, doesn’t have me worried about being under gunned.

It’s better than a 45 in the truck console...

Awesome concept. Looks like a great little gun.

The S&W 43c weighs next to nothing, so it’s perfect under lightweight summertime clothing around the homestead.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Changed out the front sight and installed an 11 pound trigger return spring to gain some precision.

This time of year, with heavier clothing, the S&W 63 takes over, as it’s a bit easier to shoot well.

It too has sight mods (obviously) and an 11 pound trigger return spring installed.

A person with your level of marksmanship is very rare, I only wish my eyes were still sharp enough to shoot that well. I don’t think I’ve seen off hand groups that good out of a 2” J frame. Lordy....

Thanks for your kind words, JB. But, I too have reached the age where some days are better than others. Of course, it’s the better days which result in photos.

When I wander further than just the woods around the house, the little guys stay home and larger guys go along,

A 60-4 is the best of the 60’s IMO, I like the regular non magnum J, a little shorter frame IIRC.

I need a fiber optic front sight on my 617-6, no one I trust locally to install it.

GB1

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I toted a NAA 22 mag for several years. I still do from time to time depending on what im wearing. I moved up to a smith 360 357 that rides in my front pocket every day. I forget its there most of the time. When I roam the woods the 357 is in the pocket and on my hip may be a buckmark or a SBH or a glock 20 or a governor. Just depends where im going and what I plan on doing. The buckmark is my latest acquisition and I don't know how I've gone so long without one. It's the 4" micro bull.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Phoneman
I toted a NAA 22 mag for several years. I still do from time to time depending on what im wearing. I moved up to a smith 360 357 that rides in my front pocket every day. I forget its there most of the time. When I roam the woods the 357 is in the pocket and on my hip may be a buckmark or a SBH or a glock 20 or a governor. Just depends where im going and what I plan on doing. The buckmark is my latest acquisition and I don't know how I've gone so long without one. It's the 4" micro bull.

I had a Browning Buckmark in the middle 1980s (it had a gold trigger). Like so many guns I've sold, I regret selling it some time in the 1990s.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ingwe
I carried a Colt Diamondback .22 for years when I was young cause its all I had. Suffice it to say it worked on everything I ever had to use it on.

Today, you'd be mugged for your Diamondback...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Assassins use a .22 because they usually walk up behind someone and place the muzzle in the base of the skull. In that case, a hot primer with no bullet may even work. 😊

IC B2

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
since i’m diurnal, not in a uniform, and away from mlk boulevards and brown bear neighborhoods, a 22lr is a most-often ccw. because it is easy, soft and cheap to practice with alot i can consistently hit with it, strong-, weak- and off-hand. there is no proximity fuse shrapnel or concussive shock wave from a missed centerfire caliber. ruger sr22, lcr 22lr and a naa bugout1 22lr are favorites. rapid fire (kinda with the naa) shots into center mass target at lawful defense distances should serve my humble needs.

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
As I said, I carry the 43c when I run and sometimes if I'm making a quick trip to town. I've seen what a 22 can and will do. For it's intended purpose, running or wearing clothes not suitable to carry a G19, I'd rather have the 43c than nothing and I'm not relying on just showing a gun to get me by, I can and will make good use of it if needed. I also have a few 642's and tried them but they weigh more than the 43c and it's just enough to keep pulling on my shorts.

But any other time I'm carrying a G19. A determined attacker is a thing but I'm a determined survivor...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by TWR
I also have a few 642's and tried them but they weigh more than the 43c and it's just enough to keep pulling on my shorts.

It’s true that the weight of the stainless steel parts in an otherwise aluminum 642 can lead to an indecent exposure. However, a titanium cylinder Three-Forty-Something is not much heavier than the 43c. This one’s a 342, and gets carried often when away from home during the hot, humid Southern Summertime:

It carries in the same holsters as the 43c, including Galco’s Classic Lite lightweight shoulder rig, perfect when wearing just a thin Hawaiian shirt and swimming shorts.

Every day’s an adventure.
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Ya I had one of those too for a short time. Gotta count the ammo and it’s still heavier. Maybe it’s more a matter of comfort, not having to adjust anything running down the road. And to be clear, I’m not wearing a belt but gym shorts when I run. Carry the 43c in a modified kydex holster. I do use a HPG kit bag when I run over 10 miles. Then I still go as light as I can.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I'm not pushing it as the best for SD but I've been shooting a 1 7/8" lcr in .22 lr for a couple of years and started shooting a 3" lcrx in .22 lr earlier this year. The speed and accuracy of 8 rounds out of them makes me shake my head every time I shoot. I shoot +P 38's in a 1 7/8" lcr (slightly heavier .357 model) about as well but not nearly as quick.

8 rounds in the chest would be a mess. Even with speed strips reloads take a while though.....

IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by TWR
I also have a few 642's and tried them but they weigh more than the 43c and it's just enough to keep pulling on my shorts.

It’s true that the weight of the stainless steel parts in an otherwise aluminum 642 can lead to an indecent exposure. However, a titanium cylinder Three-Forty-Something is not much heavier than the 43c. This one’s a 342, and gets carried often when away from home during the hot, humid Southern Summertime:

It carries in the same holsters as the 43c, including Galco’s Classic Lite lightweight shoulder rig, perfect when wearing just a thin Hawaiian shirt and swimming shorts.

My son has a pre-lock 342, he let’s me shoot it, if I’m good. Great little snub

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My wife & I practice with a Ruger LCR 22 but we carry LCR 38. I'm sure I'll have enough 38 rounds for the rest of my life.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

Clinging to guns & religion since 1959

Keyboards make people braver than alcohol

Election Integrity is more important than Election Convenience

Washington Post: "Democracy Dies in Darkness"
More correct: "Killing Democracy Faster Than Darkness"
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I often carry either my NAA in 22 mag or a Beretta Bobcat when taking a walk.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Gun_Doc

Yessir, it certainly is.

Every day’s an adventure.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

9mm +P is as small as i will go. The P365 fills the bill

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
This thread makes me think that I "need" a Ruger LCP-22.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Make it an LCP II. You can thank me later.

Some mornings, it just does not feel worth it to chew through the straps!~
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Gun_Doc

Reads like the intro to a book.

Fiction sells...

Pack your little .22 for world travel, if you don't pack anything else?

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by UPhiker
This thread makes me think that I "need" a Ruger LCP-22.

I've wanted one since I heard they were going to be made. Then I heard about the problematic safety.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

442 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 1minute, 204guy, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 59 invisible), 2,613 guests, and 1,288 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,203
Posts18,503,768
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.