Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Originally Posted by saddlesore
I stopped at Cabelas at Lonetree this AM. They had a cart out in an aisle with ammo. At 9am ( they opened up) ten guys rushed it like old ladies at a Kmart Blue Iight special.Unbelievable.

Our finest hour.

Ammo scalpers, the lowest scum in the hobby/industry.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by saddlesore
I stopped at Cabelas at Lonetree this AM. They had a cart out in an aisle with ammo. At 9am ( they opened up) ten guys rushed it like old ladies at a Kmart Blue Iight special.Unbelievable.

.......Insane. Waste of time and money.crazy

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I just did a NICS check yesterday for a 24hr member and it was instantly answered and I got a response right then... just like it used to be and should be. Except the only explanation is there is no inventory for people to buy right now, so checks have been speeding up. I have not got any attempt at them even running the preliminary check while I waited, in months!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
The last thing about Walmart I heard was that they were removing all guns from the shelves a couple of months back, due to the "social unrest" stuff. A couple of days later, they were supposedly putting them all back. Guess it was bad publicity.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It not for the ammo scalpers armslist would be no more.

Romans 5:1
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jiveturkey
It not for the ammo scalpers armslist would be no more.

Greatest handle since "sockpuppet".

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Plenty of ammo available online....at 3X what you paid for it a year ago.

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
My local Wally still has a pile o' Remington .300 Win mag ammo, but nuthin' else. I could understand some weird, oddball caliber, but .300 Win mag? What's wid dat?

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Round here, only way you are taking a shotgun or rifle home is if you are in the market for something north of 2K. Everything else is gone.

Handguns are non-existent.

Seems like most popular rifle ammo is gone, but lots of 7x57 and wsm around.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
As if on queue, the local place that consistently selling primers notified me, today, that they’re now rationing 200 per week. I (used to) go through over 1k in SR primers a month. I gotta stop or I’ll rip through my reserve by this time next year.

When this happened last time, I focused on casting/loading slugs and 00B. Guess I’m back to that.

“When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”
- Socrates
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Stopped in Cabas today and found 115gr 9mm for $139/500. Not the worst price

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by duck911
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
Originally Posted by duck911
Plenty of primers, powder, components, and loaded ammo in Northern Colorado.

A bit surprising actually...

Where? I could run down there tomorrow if we are talking about bricks of primers. The last time I was foraging in FoCo the shelves were pretty empty.

Scheel's in Johnstown.

Fully stocked at normal prices.

Sportsman's off I-25 and Hwy 34 had good stock too. My club (Liberty Firearms) also mostly full.

My wife and I drove south of the border today to walk around the Chapungu Sculpture Park and look for Christmas gifts. I was surprised at the variety and amount of powder at Scheel's at good prices, but they only had a couple thousand small pistol primers with a limit of 200 per day, and the rest of the primer case (locked up behind glass like jewelry), was empty. They did have a few cases of 20 round boxes of loaded .223, some Federal Syntech 9mm and some HST .45 ACP, limit 2 boxes per caliber per day. It looked like a bunch of sharks circling the prey. They also had some bullets for reloading that exceeded the amount available where I live. Sportsman's had an OK supply of powder, but no primers, hardly any bullets, and no loaded ammo in popular calibers. The Liberty range hardly had anything in terms of ammo, and I did not see a reloading section, but I may have missed it. (Nice place, as was Scheel's.). In the end, I didn't buy anything because I only was looking for more primers. But, I suspect that a person who could forage every day for supplies could get by. Anyway, it was a pretty day for a drive and a walk.

Last edited by Cheyenne; 12/08/20. Reason: ETA reference to the HST

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i am amazed at the prices of some guns on gunbroker are going for. and not AR style either. i just saw a grice special 35 rem 7600 carbine go for 3k.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There will be scalpers as long as people keep paying scalper prices. Stop buying their chit and they will soon be out of business.

[Linked Image]
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Went to the local gun store today looking to talk to the gunsmith (turned out he wasn't working today), and in the parking lot on the way back to my car an elderly man, who came out of the store at the same time as me, was proudly holding a box of 9mm in his hands. He seemed overjoyed to have been able to buy a box of it. He announce to me, "It's like gold," as he held it up in the air to show me what he had just acquired in the store.

Based on the experience of past shortages, I had come to be in the habit of keeping at least a couple thousand rounds of range 9mm on hand at any given time, and that's about what I had when the insanity started. I still have nearly a thousand rounds of it left, because I cut way back on shooting 9mm for the purpose of making it last. My 9mm shooting is way down now that I'm on my last thousand rounds of range ammo. I guess I should have made it my policy to keep ten thousand rounds of it on hand. Oh well. Live and learn.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Localest Walmart out of all ammo other than shotgun shells. Informed by a friend of mine.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Localest Walmart out of all ammo other than shotgun shells. Informed by a friend of mine.

He need to visit the Duck.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Duck wants all my contact info for his pards so they can email congress.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

109 members (21, 35, 7887mm08, afisher, 257_X_50, 9 invisible), 921 guests, and 836 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,978
Posts18,519,919
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.