Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by night_owl
UP, do they run that big factory only to sell parts to cheapskate tinkerers?
Yep. Anderson uses the same advertising---"we make parts for name brand guns that we can't name the brand of". I never believed them, either.
The internet is filled with threads about "what's the cheapest I can buy/build an AR. There are always hundreds of responses, most saying "parts is parts". Then when someone like Antelope Sniper posts a thread about AR bolt failures, it's soon on page 2 with only 6 responses. People don't want to hear that. Their most common "excuse" is "it's just a range toy". Sorry, that's not what AR's are for.

Last edited by UPhiker; 12/10/20.
GB1

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Boomer what stock is that

DoubleStar ACE Entry Skeleton Stock, Really short. I added a 1" pad and going to make a spacer too. On another rig now.

Not everyone needs a $1000 or $2000 AR build. Big fuucking deal if something in it breaks someday. Buy another. Just like I don't need an $80000 pickup or $300 skinning knife.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
My only experience with BCA is with a 9 mm barrel and forearm that we got to build my son's AR-9. I would have no issue buying another 9mm barrel from them. The accuracy of that AR-9 exceeded my expectations.

Son also got a glock-19 threaded barrel from them, but has yet to shoot it. It fits perfect and the machining was actually better than what I expected.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Sorry, that's not what AR's are for.

Different strokes.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My Daddy always told me that mud wrestling with a pig was a losing proposition..............you just get muddy & the pig loves it.

That about sums up this thread.

But y'all buy all them BCA's & Radical Arms stuff you want........................but please, don't piss down my neck & try to tell me it's raining.

MM

IC B2

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Just gonna say the “parts is parts” line came from the late Pat Rogers and he said it with a large dose of sarcasm. I’ve repeated it here with the same sarcasm and it amazes me how many believe “parts is parts”.

There are quality top tier guns that cost less than some well known boutique guns but quality is never cheap.

Price is what you pay, value is what you get.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Your personal experience with BCA specifically? Seems to have worked just fine for the young lady above.

Yes. One young lady shot one deer with a BCA product. I'm not sure what evidence I can give you to refute that obvious evidence of their overwhelming quality.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hudge
For just a plinking AR, I see no issues with it. I have one and so does my son.

...my son’s side charger, he had to get new screws for it from BCA.

I requested them myself and had a great customer experience with them.

My son put the new screws in his upper and not one has backed out since then.

THIS is why BCA can pump out parts like they do.

50% of this sample size came apart and had to be screwed back together again and what does BCA get from that? Compliments on their customer service.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

50% of this sample size came apart and had to be screwed back together again and what does BCA get from that? Compliments on their customer service.

That 50% is pretty close to the overall rate of problems with their products.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Your personal experience with BCA specifically? Seems to have worked just fine for the young lady above.

Yes. One young lady shot one deer with a BCA product. I'm not sure what evidence I can give you to refute that obvious evidence of their overwhelming quality.

Ok. So, anyone who has had positive actual first hand experience ain't worthy you are saying? Gotcha.

Nobody here has stated, part is parts, on this thread. But, some have said, it has worked plenty good enough for them. Big fuucking deal if someone wants a $500 AR and someone else wants to buy a $400 barrel and $200 trigger.

This was all perfectly predictable.

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 12/10/20. Reason: Reception issues

--- Kid Rock 2022

IC B3

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
My son came into one of their uppers in .458 SOCOM. That my grandsons have not been able to wear it out yet has not been from lack of trying. Would I want it as a serious defense arm? No, but that’s not what he’s got it for. He’s got it for the kids to blast stuff in the backyard: steel plates, tin cans, tannerite bombs, etc. I think that’s a real legitimate use for a cheap upper. When the stuff breaks they learn to fix it. He got the youngest kid a PSA kit for a few hundred bucks last year and the boy learned how to put an AR together in a few nights after school. For that purpose it would make no sense to me to take the time and spend the money for all the latest highly regarded components to build a super AR. Let kids be kids.

Mathew 22: 37-39

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by cra1948
My son came into one of their uppers in .458 SOCOM. That my grandsons have not been able to wear it out yet has not been from lack of trying. Would I want it as a serious defense arm? No, but that’s not what he’s got it for. He’s got it for the kids to blast stuff in the backyard: steel plates, tin cans, tannerite bombs, etc. I think that’s a real legitimate use for a cheap upper. When the stuff breaks they learn to fix it. He got the youngest kid a PSA kit for a few hundred bucks last year and the boy learned how to put an AR together in a few nights after school. For that purpose it would make no sense to me to take the time and spend the money for all the latest highly regarded components to build a super AR. Let kids be kids.

Cra,

Keep a close eye on the bolt around 500 rounds. BCA's rather infamous for improper heat treatment, so check the dimensions of your pivot pin hole and make sure signs of egging and stretching.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

U
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
U
Ok so if BCA is schidt or maybe 50%, what is a reasonable alternative? Wait until the market settles on them and pick up something else better then?

I'm not kicking in doors and clearing rooms. I'm also realistic in that if I ever had to defend my life with an AR that it has really hit the fan and I'm probably way in over my head anyway. Probably best for me to have my Benelli at my shoulder at that point. I already have one AR, Aero lower and upper with Black Hole Weaponry barrel. It goes bang when I pull the trigger. Just looking to piece something together reasonably so both my boys will have ARs in the event they ever do get banned again.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
On a budget, today, here's what I would do:

FN made CHF chrome lined barrel:

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa...assic-ar15-upper-assembly-no-bcg-ch.html

Premium BCG, best I can tell they are rebranded Tool Craft:

https://palmettostatearmory.com/pal...m-full-auto-bolt-carrier-group-8779.html

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I saw complete SOLGW 16" rifles for $1200 this morning. If PSA uppers are $600 that seems like. a no-brainer to me.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I'd also recommend looking at Rock River - they have decent entry level uppers.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Yes, I complimented them on their CS. I’m sure they’ve had a [bleep] ton of complaints and are professionals at it, just like Vortex. I can honestly say, they were the fastest company to respond to me for any one I have ever contacted. The only other gun related company I’ve had customer experience to that quick and responsive was TC about 15 years ago. People want to bitch and groan about lousy CS, and I pay a compliment to one and the world comes to an end according to some.

Last edited by Hudge; 12/10/20.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
LOL! Now you know how Democrats get elected! laugh

Politics is War by Other Means
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Like I used to tell people when they said cheap guns were good because they had a good warranty--"guns don't always break on the range and your lifetime warranty just got a lot shorter".

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I saw complete SOLGW 16" rifles for $1200 this morning.

Where?

Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 1OntarioJim, 222Sako, 1lessdog, 160user, 67 invisible), 2,445 guests, and 1,330 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,153
Posts18,484,272
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.