Hop To
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by UNCCGrad
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
I believe they were the subject of an immigration raid not long ago? Not the kind of company I'm willing to support with my money.

From what I've heard it was a temp agency that sent illegals with forged documents to work for them and BCA was released of all charges. Just what I've heard...

Even if that's the case, they are tainted as far as I'm concerned. Too many other options.

MAGA
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm glad to see we have all came to an agreement whistle

$1200 uppers are great I'm sure, but I'm no "operator" and it will be a cold day in hell before I spend a grand or more on any AR, much less an upper alone. No different than many that won't spend $1500 on a Benelli when I will and have 3 of them.

The $1200 deal I posted was a complete rifle. But it is over $1000.

I’m a Benelli guy too. Just for reference, you can get a real good AR for less than a grand (or at least pre-panic you could). But the difference between an $850 and $1200 AR would be noticeable, especially to someone who insists on shooting a Benelli.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Who wouldn't want to pay for a gun or parts made by illegal aliens?

Or by temp agency employees too.......................gotta me well trained & highly skilled help. Hard to make this schitt up.

MM

Hey, you were running a weedeater last week? Sweet, we’ll put you on the batch that we’re shipping out to KAC. High. Quality.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
The one example of a barrel I had , was not good , in fact probably the worst barrel I've seen on any firearm

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
I'm one of those "fewer but better" people. I only have one .22 pistol--an S&W M41. One .22 rifle--CZ 457 Varmint. One AR--Colt M4...and so on. I used to have one upland shotgun--Benelli M2. One heavy revolver S&W 625 MG. I can only shoot one gun at a time so I want it to be quality.

Last edited by UPhiker; 12/11/20.
IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Kate says," Damn that bitch Brenda likes that Kohls purse."
"Yah she's a slut" says Suzy who prefers Coach.
"Fuuck you Hos, it works for me," says Brenda....

LOL

I imagine many that are in a market for $500 ARs would prefer a $1200 AR, however, they're in the market at $500.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
U
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
U
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

LOL

I imagine many that are in a market for $500 ARs would prefer a $1200 AR, however, they're in the market at $500.

Well hell yeah. I mean, I'd love my own 1000 acre private ranch with impoundments, but I'm hunting the same small tract I have since childhood and battling the commoners on public waters every weekend because that's what works for my budget. I would prefer a $2k Noveske but that's just dumb for what amounts to another range toy.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

LOL

Well hell yeah. I mean, I'd love my own 1000 acre private ranch with impoundments, but I'm hunting the same small tract I have since childhood and battling the commoners on public waters every weekend because that's what works for my budget. I would prefer a $2k Noveske but that's just dumb for what amounts to another range toy.

1.7 acres here and it beats the fuuck out of an apartment!

Maybe, these guys can help you gather parts to assemble a budget, but, better than BCA upper? It's fairly easy to see how they can do it for $350 buying or making in bulk. Cheap ass BCG and all...

$100 Barrel
$40 Handguard
$100 BCG
$10 Barrel nut
$5 Gas tube
$15 Gas Block
$60 Upper

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Those that shoot a lot and don't have a trust fund gravitate towards genuine value. Glocks, Tikkas, etc. ARs are in the same league, a hard shooter will eventually end up w/ an AR built w/ premium parts. It is easier and cheaper to buy a good AR than a reliable 1911grin

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Those that shoot a lot and don't have a trust fund gravitate towards genuine value. Glocks, Tikkas, etc. ARs are in the same league, a hard shooter will eventually end up w/ an AR built w/ premium parts. It is easier and cheaper to buy a good AR than a reliable 1911grin
mike r

I started with a factory Bushmaster. The only original parts left on that gun are the lower receiver, and some pieces from the lower parts kit. Keep in mind, one of my buddies says I'm so cheap he's embarrassed to go shopping with me, and he's a Jew...with a finance degree, so, what's that tell you?

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 12/11/20.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

LOL

Do you want to address the illegal alien/temp worker angle? Or would you rather prattle on about imaginary convos at the mall twixt soccer moms?

MAGA
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

LOL

Do you want to address the illegal alien/temp worker angle? Or would you rather prattle on about imaginary convos at the mall twixt soccer moms?

Don't know any particulars about it. My only point here has been, as I have said, a very experienced member of the board commented to me, that they simply work for him, and I have heard the same here from multiple others. I have not commented on their business, management, CS or any other aspects, nor intend to as I have no knowledge of it.

Oh, and whiny fuucks that like to bitch about what other's get by with have little use to me. That's a main point. Nobody has said they are the best. Nobody has said parts are parts. Nobody has claimed they will out perform other like-priced items. Many have said they work fine for them. Carry-on.

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Started as a 7.5" BCA Wylde now a 16" 300 BO. The horror or whore.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Without the LaRue clip doodads on the quad.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc][/url]

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 12/11/20.

--- Kid Rock 2022

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G

Bitching or bragging?

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi

Bitching or bragging?

Certainly not whining about other's choices. Works for me.

--- Kid Rock 2022

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

LOL

Don't know any particulars about it. My only point here has been, as I have said, a very experienced member of the board commented to me, that they simply work for him, and I have heard the same here from multiple others. I have not commented on their business, management, CS or any other aspects, nor intend to as I have no knowledge of it.

Oh, and whiny fuucks that like to bitch about what other's get by with have little use to me. That's a main point. Nobody has said they are the best. Nobody has said parts are parts. Nobody has claimed they will out perform other like-priced items. Many have said they work fine for them. Carry-on.

I'm not carrying anything, or using a price point to say one product is better than another. Just pointing out the company named in the title of the thread has used illegal alien labor. If you're cool with that then you carry on girl! Might be some folks weren't aware of it and would appreciate the heads up.

MAGA
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
OK? You brought it up to me, not me to you. I've made zero discussion of that aspect, as I already said I don't know about it in particular. Speak to it all you want. You want to get on the bitch about what others use, do, think, or comment regarding band wagon, carry-on.

--- Kid Rock 2022

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Thoughts or opinions on these inexpensive uppers?

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Thoughts or opinions on these inexpensive uppers?

Bragging or bitching? Whatever your point may be, I have already indicated numerous times what I think, and have heard here on this thread and from another guy on the 'Fire, eg they seem to work.

For chits and giggles I'll add, a 7.5" 5.56 is not for me. It was $218 pre-panic IIRC.

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 12/11/20. Reason: edits

--- Kid Rock 2022

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
I got a couple of uppers for my wife to experiment with, because they were cheaper than I could build them. They worked for defining what she wanted, and now I can build the right one right, and not really be out near as much in the process. I didn’t expect them to be top tier. Hell, I’d have been surprised if there weren’t some sort of quality issues at that price point. One of them seemingly had a extremely tight throat.....can’t eject a live round by hand with most AMMO, without leaving the bullet in the throat. Works fine when firing....so far, but that’s a disaster waiting to happen, so it went back to BCA. BCA sent it back with a letter saying it shot fine. No [bleep]....until it doesn’t. Peeved? Sure. Great CS turnaround. Complete QC ignorance. However, I can say they met my expectations. LOL. Most issues aren’t going to keep anyone from plinking or hunting with them, for the average AR owner. Folks that aren’t that and are into the quality end of the spectrum are likely to be disappointed. Your $ is your $. Do what you like and damn what others think. You’re the only one has to live with it.

Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

674 members (007FJ, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 117LBS, 10Glocks, 68 invisible), 2,683 guests, and 1,296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,639
Posts18,512,214
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.