Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I wonder if the 7600 will be made again.

GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I do like the RUMs. Well, at least the 300.. never owned a 338, 7 or 375 but they’re pretty much the top of the heap in performance and the 700 action is a great place to house em.

Semper Fi
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

While returning from an elk hunt late last week we drove past the Remington ammo plant on Interstate 40 in Arkansas. The parking lot there was full of cars. It would make me think someone is turning out ammo.

The Remington sign was still up.

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times.
Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
As bad as has been run, it still lasted a lot longer than the real Winchester.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

You can drive the market, like Ruger has done to a great degree with the American Rifle series, or you can react to what others are doing. Remington has done a lot of reacting.

Cerberus borrowed something like $800,000,000 (that's not a typo, son) against Remington, pocketed it, and then made Remington service the debt. Maybe if they were the only sporting firearm manufacturer on the planet and dominated the market, just maybe, they could have successfully paid the debt.

Remington's "demise" had nothing to do with the products they were manufacturing, how they were manufacturing it, or how much it cost to manufacture it.

I'm not saying that everything Remington turned out was wonderful but given their debt no sporting firearm manufacturer in the world could make it work.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I've shot 700 Remingtons since 1970 with Walker triggers never had a problem keep them clean and maintained. When they have a problem it's because the old oil got gummy or some dumb fug reduced the engagement past the safe point and the poundage too. The Walker trigger was adjustable but like anything else a lot of unqualified people decided to adjust them that really didn t know what they were doing. I think Mike Walker's regret was that he made them adjustable without considering that dumbasses would adjust them past safe settings. Remington has allways had piss poor management and like others pointed out has not helped them. MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by boliep

While returning from an elk hunt late last week we drove past the Remington ammo plant on Interstate 40 in Arkansas. The parking lot there was full of cars. It would make me think someone is turning out ammo.

For whatever the reason, I am still getting a monthly email from Remington, concerning the ammunition side only.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
... Cerberus borrowed something like $800,000,000 (that's not a typo, son) against Remington, pocketed it, and then made Remington service the debt. ...

Nail meet hammer. As I have said before, the purpose of a private equity firm is to extract the maximum amount of cash from a company before flipping it. It is "predatory buying". There is zero intent to "build" anything, or to do any "value add". The sole purpose of the transaction is to bleed the victim dry before selling to the next sucker. Unfortunately, this is another one of those things that we will never see the Swamp in DC legislate against, because it is their well connected swamp buddies who are the vampires / leeches...

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I hope someone starts making the good Remington products again. Someone that understands the market. I own 3 model 700s and have used them for years. They are accurate and I have never had them fire on their own. I adjusted them lighter and adjusted according to some instructions I have.
They don't need to make ARs or pistols. Make 870s and 700s and do it well. Twist the barrels to satisfy market demand and people will buy them. If they bring out a new chambering support it with ammo for it. Not supporting their own chamberings causes people to not trust your brand and they go elsewhere.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
I've shot 700 Remingtons since 1970 with Walker triggers never had a problem keep them clean and maintained. When they have a problem it's because the old oil got gummy or some dumb fug reduced the engagement past the safe point and the poundage too. The Walker trigger was adjustable but like anything else a lot of unqualified people decided to adjust them that really didn t know what they were doing. I think Mike Walker's regret was that he made them adjustable without considering that dumbasses would adjust them past safe settings. Remington has allways had piss poor management and like others pointed out has not helped them. MB

Exactly right. The only problem that I ever had with mine, was exactly what you said. After cleaning and adjusting, it was fine. Mine have all been replaced with Timneys and re-builds, though.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.
IC B3

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by JamesJr

For whatever the reason, I am still getting a monthly email from Remington, concerning the ammunition side only.

Me too!

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
When on afe, the Remington trigger assembly has the sear lifted off the trigger connector and held by the safety. When the safety lever is moved to the fire position, the sear is dropped onto the trigger connector. If someone "adjusts" the screws for very minimal travel, especially with light poundage on the pull weight, it is easy to see that with a bit of "slop" in parts fit the sear might fall off the tip of the trigger connector and let the firing pin go.

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NAHC Life Member
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Orion2000

Nail meet hammer. As I have said before, the purpose of a private equity firm is to extract the maximum amount of cash from a company before flipping it. It is "predatory buying". There is zero intent to "build" anything, or to do any "value add". The sole purpose of the transaction is to bleed the victim dry before selling to the next sucker. Unfortunately, this is another one of those things that we will never see the Swamp in DC legislate against, because it is their well connected swamp buddies who are the vampires / leeches...

Orion, Didn’t mean to sound as though I disagreed, indeed I entirely agree!

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by longbarrel
When on afe, the Remington trigger assembly has the sear lifted off the trigger connector and held by the safety. When the safety lever is moved to the fire position, the sear is dropped onto the trigger connector. If someone "adjusts" the screws for very minimal travel, especially with light poundage on the pull weight, it is easy to see that with a bit of "slop" in parts fit the sear might fall off the tip of the trigger connector and let the firing pin go.

One of the biggest strengths of the M700 was the eminently adjustable trigger, one of its biggest downfalls are clowns who don’t know how to adjust them.

I bought a M700 here on the ‘fire where the sear engagement had been adjusted to HALF of what Remington has always recommended.

It was an “accidental discharge” looking for a tragedy.....

Casey

Having said that, MAGA.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
A few doozies here, but the best reason for Rems. demise that I've read was that it was The Israeli's fault.

Cerberus took them down, but the founder of Cerberus, Steve Feinberg, even though being born in The Bronx, has a Jewish name. Ergo,,,, ,

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by gunzo
A few doozies here, but the best reason for Rems. demise that I've read was that it was The Israeli's fault.

Cerberus took them down, but the founder of Cerberus, Steve Feinberg, even though being born in The Bronx, has a Jewish name. Ergo,,,, ,

Oh god, I hope Bristoe doesn’t read this........

Casey

Having said that, MAGA.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
I hope someone starts making the good Remington products again. Someone that understands the market. I own 3 model 700s and have used them for years. They are accurate and I have never had them fire on their own. I adjusted them lighter and adjusted according to some instructions I have.
They don't need to make ARs or pistols. Make 870s and 700s and do it well. Twist the barrels to satisfy market demand and people will buy them. If they bring out a new chambering support it with ammo for it. Not supporting their own chamberings causes people to not trust your brand and they go elsewhere.

Maybe they didn't need to make AR's but I sure like my R-15. Bushmaster and DPMS might have helped keep them a float awhile longer if their management turds hadn't kiboshed them. Sticking 800mil debt to Remington was their final straw to kill the company and criminal to say the least. MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

Vista Outdoors (Federal, CCI, etc.) bought the Remington ammo business. Anyone who owns an ammo plans in this day and age and isn’t running 24/7/365 is a damn fool. I don’t think Vista is a fool.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Hogwild7

Problem now is that Rem rifles and Rem ammo won't be under the same roof. So they could come out with a new cartridge, but they'd have to contract with someone else if they really wanted support on the ammo side. (Winchester is the same way now. Ammo and branded rifles not from the same house.)

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I moved away from Remington 700’s years ago, I’m still sad to see them go. As to the 870, they may have been the best Pump action shotgun ever made. I may need to hit the used market and pick up a Wingmaster.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

227 members (673, 06hunter59, 2ndwind, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 29aholic, 36 invisible), 1,623 guests, and 1,045 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,976
Posts18,519,854
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.