Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
FWP Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Rodney482
FYI Midwayusa uses UPS and then it gets transferred to USPS..... ugh .... avoid

Lately my Midway stuff has been delivered by UPS. I think Midway got tired of the complaints about the USPS and pulled the plug on that option.

GB1

L
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
Midway shipped me 2 packages on Dec 4th. One arrived on the 9th. The other one is still in St Louis. Bought something here on the fire and it took 12 days to get here from Buffalo N.Y. I mailed the check about 2 weeks ago and it has not showed up yet. A friend that lives 30 miles from me sent me something and it took 9 days to get here, I dont see it getting better soon.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 99guy
Originally Posted by RJL53
Originally Posted by 10ring1
I'll say it again, everyone is using Covid and associated delays as an excuse not to do their job with due diligence. Imo

I don't think it has anything to do with doing their jobs, though many of them are lazy bums (groids). The covid BS has caused millions more people to shop online and the systems were never designed to handle such an increase in volume that there has been. Add to that the Xmas shopping online and something has to give and it seems like us. I wonder what everyone would find to bitch about had no one ever invented "Tracking".

This is right on the money. People are ordering their groceries and dog food online and waiting for USPS to deliver it. The shear number of packages right now is overwelming the infrastrucutre and labor force.

Not only more online shopping, but gifts are being packaged and mailed because no Christmas get-togethers this year. My family will have Christmas together, but my wife today mailed several packages to her aunts and uncles. They’re old. Lol. It’s a double or even a triple whammy when combined with more online orders than usual.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
But, but, the ballots had no issue...........

It�s a magazine not a clip......

Advice is seldom welcome, and those who need it the most, like it the least.�
- Lord Chesterfield. 1750
L
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
L
Man, I must be really lucky(knock on wood)! Every package that I have shipped, or received, has been delivered on the expected delivery date. A few have even been delivered early!

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I bought a FAKE Leupold on another site a couple weeks ago from a guy in MS. I'm in PA. It spent 4 days getting scanned at three different POs in MS within 50 miles of the guy's house. Then radio silence. Missed its target date, then 4 days later like magic was scanned in PA 20 miles from my house and delivered that day. I filed a claim and the requirement is I had to ship it back, once it arrives, I get my money back but had to use the site's label. USPS. It was in MS close to the guy's house 3 days ago, then scanned in Memphis and now radio silence. I can rest assured though because USPS says my package is on its way to the destination....using the scenic route apparently. I'm already POed the guy tried to whiz a counterfeit Leupy by me, now I have to wait for the USPS to get moving to get my money back.

December 14, 2020
In Transit, Arriving Late
Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.

On a side note I shipped some ammo yesterday from a different UPS site than I usually use and it was totally different rules there with a lady who told me "I'm an [bleep]" when she introduced herself. Talk about how not to get a good rating while in customer service. Told me I probably packed my ammo wrong, made me open my packages for her verify the amount for insurance and made me use a kiosk while she stood by and waited for me. If I didn't really need to ship it yesterday, I'd have had a few choice words for her and walked out.

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
I have one that went “out for delivery” in my town on Monday then went to “delayed” when I called they told me expect 20-30 days minimum. I’m a little nervous about my new rifle riding around for that long

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I’m waiting on a muzzleloader that was supposed to be delivered yesterday, and it appears to be hung up in Dallas since Saturday.
I’ve got to where I only ship stuff via FedEx. It’s costs a little more but gets to where it’s supposed to go on time or early.

Last edited by retrieverman; 12/15/20.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by NVhntr
If you want it fast send it Priority Mail.
If they are overwhelmed they will let the regular parcel and first class stuff sit.
Priority means priority.
Just sent my brother a Christmas gift to Cali Priority and it made it in 2 days.

This made me laugh! Every single piece of my delayed mail is/was sent PRIORITY.

Your card delivery was an anomaly. Did it get delivered on a unicorn?

Medics bury their mistakes..
IC B3

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P

Also posted this in another thread on the Forum.

Item I purchased here in the Classified’s was shipped Priority Mail from Alabama on 16 November and did not arrive in Pennsylvania until 6 December. It was delivered on a Sunday.

Was pretty confident that it would eventually get here.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
M
MOW Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by MOW
FYI: I been waiting for a large package that was Priority mailed 3 Dec and went into a regional facility 3 Dec. It has not moved since going into the regional facility. I requested an inquiry and they replied after the 2nd request that the package is delayed do to Covid. Another forum member has had the same thing happen, except his went into a regional facility 9 Dec and has not moved. If you need to mail a large package, you might want to consider an alternate carrier to the USPS.

Just received an update, package made it from Texas to Richmond today. Should be here soon I hope.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a package coming, shipped from Texas. Been in Texas the last 8 days, today it says it's on it's way to destination. Now it just has to get to Massachusetts...

Last edited by 308ld; 12/15/20.

Ed
M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
This has been going on since mid-summer, when the new Postmaster General took over and "streamlined" the USPS, partly by removing sorting machines.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A Marlin rimfire stock from Numrich for an Xmas present. Ordered Dec.2, accepted at the local PO on Dec. 3. Hasn't moved from local PO yet. WTF?

Sacred cows make good burgers when you know what temperature to cook them at.-Rev. Billy
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
From NYS ordered 2 different items from Kentucky on Dec. 2nd. .... Dec. 2nd. left Kentucky P.O. .... Dec 3rd. both accepted in Cincinnati P.O. NOW Today, Dec. 15th. STILL sitting in the Cincinnati P.O. Absolutely Ridiculous..........................

V
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
V
I guess it hits everyone differently. Got a package shipped from Michigan to Texas and it arrived on the exact day it said it would.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
We have a great local USPS office, but once your items leave there there's no telling what's going to happen. I've been sending USPS money orders priority mail so both parties would have a tracking number. $7.45 wasted but at least you know what's kind of going on.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by FWP
Originally Posted by Rodney482
FYI Midwayusa uses UPS and then it gets transferred to USPS..... ugh .... avoid

Lately my Midway stuff has been delivered by UPS. I think Midway got tired of the complaints about the USPS and pulled the plug on that option.

Originally Posted by FWP
[quote=Rodney482]FYI Midwayusa uses UPS and then it gets transferred to USPS..... ugh .... avoid

Ive got an order from midwayusa annnnnnnnd its lost... shows going ups then usps.... was in my state and now its in a diff state.

I like guns | optics | fishing
M
MOW Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by msquared

Good insight, I must be the lucky one...my FedEx and UPS packages for the most part have been arriving on time (within a day of two of scheduled arrival). I guess the best bet is to use what you feel will work best for you.

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

513 members (12344mag, 2500HD, 1Longbow, 204guy, 257Bob, 25classic, 59 invisible), 2,674 guests, and 1,277 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,296
Posts18,487,032
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.