Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I hope they go out of business. I always try to use an alternate carrier

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
USPS ‘gridlocked’ as historic crush of holiday packages sparks delays

Private carriers FedEx and UPS have cut off new delivery orders for some retailers, rerouting surging mail volumes through the overwhelmed Postal Service.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/12/15/postal-service-holiday-packages-delays/

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They are sucking hind tit these days.

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Feel sorry for them, real sorry.........

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Dave

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by RDW

I bought an empty Ruger Redhawk box, a collectors item from 1983, and it was folded like that!

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by lhead71
Had a member send me some brass 12/3, just got here today. It's taking a long time, be patent.

Glad it finally showed up! :-)

"Keep your mouth shut, work hard. Life is tough. Work through it.” -- Stetson Bennett, Quarterback, Georgia Bulldogs
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Sign at Post office yesterday said the 18th is last day for priority Christmas delivery.

I’m doubting that.

They meant November 18th laugh

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
MOW: Alright I was critical of the usps when they AGAIN bungled an easy (but EXPENSIVE!) task this week - so now I have to give them a bit of credit.
I mailed a small package 8 days ago to my friend in Maple Valley taxington from here in SW Montana a distance of 605 road mile - it arrived safely today.
I realize the usps is busy (but way over paid!) and it is hectic this time of year but a small first class package only making 75.6 miles per day is, IMO, slow!
Anyway I thank them for getting it there safely (insured for $100.00) if in a somewhat slow manner.
Good luck all fellow "mailers".
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RDW

If it fits..............aw to hell with it just mash it until it fits!!! That's the Christmas spirit!

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
14 days ago, from a 5hr dr and it is not here yet,, I could of walked up to ct and got my package in that time..

IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I purchased a Buck knife from a member a while back. It is rattling around in the black hole the usps calls "in transit". The postal service is so screwed up it will never get unscrewed. Hooking up with Amazon was the straw that broke the camels back I believe. I purchased something from Simpsons LTD in Illinois on Friday. They are closed on Monday. Shipped yesterday to Podunk, taxsylvania, UPS guy just rang the door bell.

Home for wayward neglected 99's.
R
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
We have a great local USPS office, but once your items leave there there's no telling what's going to happen. I've been sending USPS money orders priority mail so both parties would have a tracking number. $7.45 wasted but at least you know what's kind of going on.

If you want to save money when mailing payments but need tracking, I have learned a trick. I take one of the padded envelopes I have gotten from Amazon, etc. and reuse it, In that the item is a 'package' and can be shipped first class parcel with free tracking for $3 and some change at 1 ounce. Normally not as fast, but how things are working now, it might get there quicker since it seems first class is going while priority is sitting. Also, I usually cut the envelope to remove extra weight, but it still needs enough space to attach the tracking # sticker. I have done this dozens of times. The only thing that you cannot do it print the postage online at the USPS site. It will not let you do First Class. So you have to do this in person at the post office. That is the only extra you get doing Priority is that you can do it online and drop it in your box for pickup.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
We have a great local USPS office, but once your items leave there there's no telling what's going to happen. I've been sending USPS money orders priority mail so both parties would have a tracking number. $7.45 wasted but at least you know what's kind of going on.

Same here, I always send payment for gunbroker purchases via Priority Mail for the tracking even though a first class envelope sometimes might have arrived the same day. Sent a certified check in a Priority Mail 2 Day window envelope on Monday, 12/7 and it just arrived at the destination distribution center today, 12/17. 10 days. Since Saturday the tracking update kept showing 12/12 "In transit". I've seen "2 day" priority mail take 3 days before but this was the first time it's ever been in limbo like this for so long. It was payment for a gunbroker purchase and I was getting pretty worried that it had been lost.

Originally Posted by Ronald_55
If you want to save money when mailing payments but need tracking, I have learned a trick. I take one of the padded envelopes I have gotten from Amazon, etc. and reuse it, In that the item is a 'package' and can be shipped first class parcel with free tracking for $3 and some change at 1 ounce. Normally not as fast, but how things are working now, it might get there quicker since it seems first class is going while priority is sitting. Also, I usually cut the envelope to remove extra weight, but it still needs enough space to attach the tracking # sticker. I have done this dozens of times. The only thing that you cannot do it print the postage online at the USPS site. It will not let you do First Class. So you have to do this in person at the post office. That is the only extra you get doing Priority is that you can do it online and drop it in your box for pickup.

That's pretty neat, I'm going to try that. You think that Priority Mail is like "Super Special Expedite Through Rain, Sleet, Snow and Dark of Night", but it ain't.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have been waiting on a part for my wife’s truck that shows it left a regional facility on Dec 11 after sitting there for 3 days and it hasn’t been scanned in anywhere since. Delivery was guaranteed by the 12th, so much for that

Wac em and stack em
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I ordered a new fishing reel and USPS says it was delivered to Parcel locker but it wasn't because we don't have one, now they said that they marked it delivered because they ran out of time that day to make the delivery but package is lost somewhere

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Hopefully this helps someone, but UPS has regional pricing now similar to USPS Priority based on volume of the package. I shipped a 15# box of ammo for 15 bucks because it was small. Can weigh up to 75# I think. The ammo was supposed to be $25 based on weight but since it made a small box, it all worked out. I sent two packages of ammio out Monday evening from western PA UPS. One made it to NJ yesterday delivered, the other is on the truck to be delivered today in OK. Meanwhile, my package going to a small town in MS that was within 20 miles moved out of state to Memphis on Saturday and is still resting comfortably there.

B
BKS Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
11 days in Memphis for mine and counting

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
After reading this thread I am glad I switched to UPS about a year ago. Hope to never need to ship usps again. UPS has its faults, but way ahead of USPS.

Last edited by david442; 12/17/20.
M
MOW Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
MOW: Alright I was critical of the usps when they AGAIN bungled an easy (but EXPENSIVE!) task this week - so now I have to give them a bit of credit.
I mailed a small package 8 days ago to my friend in Maple Valley taxington from here in SW Montana a distance of 605 road mile - it arrived safely today.
I realize the usps is busy (but way over paid!) and it is hectic this time of year but a small first class package only making 75.6 miles per day is, IMO, slow!
Anyway I thank them for getting it there safely (insured for $100.00) if in a somewhat slow manner.
Good luck all fellow "mailers".
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

My biggest gripe is they have suspended Priority shipping time claims, so they (USPS) know they can't get Priority mail/packages delivered on time (they even send you disclaimer saying this). They need to stop Priority service...stop charging for Priority service when you know you can't delivery on time. They should only be charging flat rate right now.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by MOW

They should only be charging flat rate right now.

And it will cost the same as Priority so what would that accomplish?

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

502 members (222Sako, 219DW, 2500HD, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 204guy, 62 invisible), 2,392 guests, and 1,288 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,297
Posts18,487,051
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.