Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
And it’s said that voting by mail is safe!

GB1

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I’m on the other side on this debate. We are in the middle of a pandemic right before Christmas. They probably aren’t Running at full capacity or have work arounds to have distance between workers too. I’ve been apart of thousands of package shipments and maybe had an issue twice. My mail carrier busts his a$$ everyday. Everyone has been buying online the past year and he doesn’t get paid anymore for having to get out of his vehicle to place packages at someone’s door at each stop. Give them a break. I’ve had horrible FedEx service with the very few dealings with them. Diamond ring left on porch I had to sign for. $500 Steelers playoff tickets laying in the snow that could have been put inside a door. Packages left at the end of my long driveway.

Last edited by andymick32; 12/17/20.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I mailed a New in the Box Rock River LAR-8 to Centerville Texas from Colorado Springs 11/27/2020 and it has never been scanned since it reached the Anters post office. Post Office has no idea where it is at or anything about it. I will file a claim to get my money back. Pure BS.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I had a guy ship me a pair of S&W revolver grips on 11-30 from Arnold, MD. They were scanned on that day, then disappeared from the face of the earth for 2 WEEKS before finally making it just 30 miles to Baltimore. They supposedly left St. Louis, MO today, so hopefully they'll get here to Illinois before Christmas.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
USPS took over two weeks on 2nd day priority shipment from Midway. At least it arrived in one piece and undamaged. I was lucky enough to find 9mm bullets and of course they sold in no time and was afraid they wouldn't show up

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by andymick32
I’m on the other side on this debate. We are in the middle of a pandemic right before Christmas. They probably aren’t Running at full capacity or have work arounds to have distance between workers too. I’ve been apart of thousands of package shipments and maybe had an issue twice. My mail carrier busts his a$$ everyday. Everyone has been buying online the past year and he doesn’t get paid anymore for having to get out of his vehicle to place packages at someone’s door at each stop. Give them a break. I’ve had horrible FedEx service with the very few dealings with them. Diamond ring left on porch I had to sign for. $500 Steelers playoff tickets laying in the snow that could have been put inside a door. Packages left at the end of my long driveway.

^^^^ This

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by BKS
11 days in Memphis for mine and counting

I went online and filled out a complaint form today. It’s been sitting in Memphis for 6 days. It arrived in Oxford MS 12 miles from the destination on the 12th and was promptly sent 60 miles the other direction the same day to Memphis.

I filed a complaint at 10:09 local time today. At 11:23, it was scanned as having departed Memphis. Could be a coincidence I’m sure, but then again.

In the meantime I have a rifle stock that was scanned Monday in UT coming to me Priority. One scan and that’s it, no clue where it’s at and no expected date. I am also waiting on a first class mailed MO since Monday from MS, no sign of it.

Also Monday evening I shipped two boxes of ammo UPS from the Pittsburgh area. One arrived in NJ on Wed, the other in OK on Thurs as projected no issues.

The new UPS simple rate should cut into the USPS priority mail. It will for me.

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
I'm in at $2200.00 with 6 packages floating around in the USPS Merry go round with no one at the controls,

B
BKS Online Content
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
B

Well that’s good. I filed my complaint the other day and got a phone call, mine has been sitting in Memphis for 13 days now. I’m almost sure it was stolen, it had come of the custom knives and axes that I bought off here.

Got a phone call the next morning but nothing since, hence why I believe it’s been stolen.

Originally Posted by 3darcher2
Originally Posted by BKS
11 days in Memphis for mine and counting

I went online and filled out a complaint form today. It’s been sitting in Memphis for 6 days. It arrived in Oxford MS 12 miles from the destination on the 12th and was promptly sent 60 miles the other direction the same day to Memphis.

I filed a complaint at 10:09 local time today. At 11:23, it was scanned as having departed Memphis. Could be a coincidence I’m sure, but then again.

In the meantime I have a rifle stock that was scanned Monday in UT coming to me Priority. One scan and that’s it, no clue where it’s at and no expected date. I am also waiting on a first class mailed MO since Monday from MS, no sign of it.

Also Monday evening I shipped two boxes of ammo UPS from the Pittsburgh area. One arrived in NJ on Wed, the other in OK on Thurs as projected no issues.

The new UPS simple rate should cut into the USPS priority mail. It will for me.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Sent a scope to Burris for warranty work. USPS Priority. It arrived today. 14 days from Atlanta to Greely CO.

IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
My brother’s business ships stuff out multiple times daily and about 6 months ago had to quit using USPS, because there was absolutely no telling when his shipments would be delivered or if they would be delivered. He only uses FedEx or UPS now and hasn’t had a single problem (not that either one of them can’t drop the ball).

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Craig2506
The Detroit hub has been a black hole for packages since April. It’s a joke.

Man, ain't that the truth!!!! Avoid anything from Michigan that might go into that mess.

Home for wayward neglected 99's.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
MOW: Alright I was critical of the usps when they AGAIN bungled an easy (but EXPENSIVE!) task this week - so now I have to give them a bit of credit.
I mailed a small package 8 days ago to my friend in Maple Valley taxington from here in SW Montana a distance of 605 road mile - it arrived safely today.
I realize the usps is busy (but way over paid!) and it is hectic this time of year but a small first class package only making 75.6 miles per day is, IMO, slow!
Anyway I thank them for getting it there safely (insured for $100.00) if in a somewhat slow manner.
Good luck all fellow "mailers".
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

I am sorry but I can't let that one go. Our local Target is paying fifteen bucks an hour to stock shelves........to start. Postal employees don't get paid much more than that to start and the job is a hell of a lot tougher than putting out candy bars. Try to get fedex or ups to deliver an envelope for 55 cents.

Last edited by dallased; 12/18/20.

Home for wayward neglected 99's.
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Why would anyone use USPS ? I ship Fedex exclusively and most of the time it arrives earlier than projected.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Last week I shipped two identical packages from the west coast to the east coast. The shipping points were within one block of each other, and had the same destination. The one sent by Fedex arrived the same week it was shipped! The package shipped by UPS arrived the following week, three days after the one on Fedex.

R
R
Ive got 3 packages coming and can put all 3 in a coke can. One left Tucson on the 9th, no scan since. one from Ohio came to Oxford, (bout an hr away) then went back North to Memphis. Been there 5 days now, the other Ive give up on, I know its lost. USPS needs to clean house!!!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Had a gun shipped USPS 3 day priority on December 4th. It took 9 days for it to travel 94 miles from it's origin to Cincinnati. It's been sitting in Cincinnati since then - so 94 miles in 14 days.

Won some items on December 5th in an auction that were shipped out Dec. 10th from Oregon on UPS. It traveled 1600 miles in 6 days and was delivered on the 16th.

USPS sucks.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A buddy from S.W. Montana priority mailed a box of elk snack sausage day before yesterday. Wife just laid the package in front of me.

Almost spooky as I was just sharpening knives, and had just wiped the first one down.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I had an incoming package sit in Denver for 4 days. Yesterday it showed leaving there at 9:13 am so I figured I'd have it today. I checked today and it showed that it left Denver (again) today at 6:38 am and is now in Colorado Springs.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Most on here know that I have bought and sold a metric ton of stuff over the years and always used USPS 99.5% without issue but the last month the wheels have come completely off. My local office is good folks but nationally it’s a wreck...... Just hope it straightens out as they are WAY easier for me.....

But as for me and my house we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

I DON'T NEED A WSM AS I HAVE A WEATHERBY!
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (222Sako, 12344mag, 160user, 240NMC, 1lessdog, 17CalFan, 67 invisible), 2,248 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,285
Posts18,486,876
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.