Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I just had to locally do a curbside to replace a package for my nephew that shipped 12-3 and has not moved. I have to drop it with my parents tomorrow. That was Amazon. Have another for my niece from another store tgat shipped on the 5th and us in the same boat.

Mailed a payment for an item I bought here via USPS First Class Parcel yesterday. We will see how that goes.

GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I had a package stuck at the Richmond USPS hub for 8 days. It finally left the hub last night and was delivered to my house today. In speaking with my mail lady she told me the workers at the hub have a choice of whether they want to come to work or not. Covid laws are allowing them to keep their jobs.

Thanks, Dinny

Medics bury their mistakes..
FWP Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I just received this email update from the USPS:

"Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility."

On 12/16/20 the package left the sorting facility and had to travel 1.5 miles to the local post office. That would be 1.5 miles in 3 days. smile

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I have a guy waiting for a package that was sent 12/3. I am waiting for one that was shipped 11/30. They must be WALKING these things across the country!

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I was glad to hear that my package just made it from PA to TX. Now just one more from PA to VA and another one coming this way.
donsm70

Life Member...Safari Club International
Life Member...Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Life Member...Keystone Country Elk Alliance
Life Member...National Rifle Association
IC B2

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Waiting since 12-7-20 and all I get is In Transit

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Sent a package on 12/09 to MikeL2 in Watertown NY. It arrived in Syracuse on the 15th and hasn’t moved for 4 days. When I talk to usps, they say be patient, we are short staffed everywhere!! Pay for 3 day service, but takes 2 weeks to get there.
Sent my nephew a ground blind on Amazon from Wisconsin to Vermont via ups on 12/14, it arrived today, in just 5 days. Have to start thinking about using UPS from now on.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Look at it this way.

If every piece of mail that USPS deals with is considered an item then they move so much more schitt than UPS and Fed Ex move combined.

Packages can be scanned but individual letters/envelope aren't, those are hand sorted. No wonder they are way behind at this time of year.

I am sure there are more packages shipped this year due to the pandemic, people aren't traveling so they are probably overloaded. I have had 2 guns take a bit to get here but realize the reality of the situation.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
Had a Colt Python sent to me on 12/11 via 2 day priority, arrived 12/17. Not the worst wait in the world but was on pins and needles due to the nature of the contents.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by LHPanther
Had a Colt Python sent to me on 12/11 via 2 day priority, arrived 12/17. Not the worst wait in the world but was on pins and needles due to the nature of the contents.

Similar situation here. My dealer has a rifle inbound for me that has sat in the Springfield, MA hub for 10 days now. What concerns me most is that it was shipped from Bob's Guns (first name changed to protect the innocent) and it's in a long slender box. How do we know when it has gone from delayed to stolen? Just think of the extra time a seasonal worker has to steal something, call off work due to COVID, then disappear.

IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Dinny

Similar situation here. My dealer has a rifle inbound for me that has sat in the Springfield, MA hub for 10 days now. What concerns me most is that it was shipped from Bob's Guns (first name changed to protect the innocent) and it's in a long slender box. How do we know when it has gone from delayed to stolen? Just think of the extra time a seasonal worker has to steal something, call off work due to COVID, then disappear.

Nobody includes the word “Gun” on the label of a mailed package. If they did, well....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Timbermaster
Originally Posted by Dinny

Nobody includes the word “Gun” on the label of a mailed package. If they did, well....

I typically misspell “Guns” if making a label and use “GNS” instead. Just a little “typo”.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My package is still at the Little Rock distribution center, or so they say. Been there 13 days so far. frown miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
257 - I only wish every "Bob" would do the same. The business accounts some dealers have lists their full business name. In this case it is his first name and the word Guns. I didn't know the name of the dealer the seller was using until after I was notified of shipping.

Thanks, Dinny

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by 10ring1
I'll say it again, everyone is using Covid and associated delays as an excuse not to do their job with due diligence. Imo

I would like to respond to this, just to let you know and others we are working SEVEN TWELVES ! Diligence ? what more would you like us to do ? You have covid , workers getting sick having to quarantine then to top it off CHRISTMAS ! AND every tom dick and harry ordering everything on line. I my self have a package out there somewhere, I would like to also add that the mail is mostly moved by contractors.
THIS IS THE PERFECT STORM

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I shipped 2 barreled actions to Pac-Nor 12/7, arrived in Seattle 12/15, shows in transit and late delivery. No idea where they actually are. Damn glad I put insurance on them.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I mailed a NIB Rock River LAR-8 to Centerville Texas 11/27 from Colorado Springs and it has never been scanned beyond the first Post Office in the Springs (Antares Station). Postal Inspectors will not return my calls. On the 27 of December I will file a claim for the insurance!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've noticed that retailers such as midway and amazon are right on time. Normal individual shipping is delayed big time. UPS or USPS aren't going to take the chance on loosing business from the retailer.

FWP Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, todays report says my package is in transit, to Memphis, Tennessee. Passed within 10 miles of my house to do so. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (1936M71, 1lessdog, 160user, 222Sako, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 57 invisible), 2,506 guests, and 1,295 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,331
Posts18,487,575
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.