Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mac84
Anyone run one? I’m thinking about a vortex venom to ride atop my Glock 45.

If your life depends on this gun then don’t be stingy with the scope/reddot you put on it. Leupold or Trijicon.

[Linked Image from ]
GB1

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
I just put a Burris Fastfire 3 on my S&W 629 that I use for deer hunting. Haven’t had chance to field test yet but I think it will accommodate my poor 61 year old eyes as I can hardly see open sights anymore. I have not put red dots in any of my carry guns yet. Also thinking of putting one on AR.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My ccw is a Shadow Systems MR918 with an RMR and its superb to my uses and wants.

Due to how Shadow Systems cuts their RMR slots they use standard sights and still cowitness. The Trijicon RMR is of course great in this role.

I want to try out the Holosun 507 with it’s closed lens emitter as it supposedly cuts down on the need to clean the glass to keep the dot from flaring on a dirty lens. Lots of LE buddies swear by them as well

Attached Images
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
A Holosun 507K micro red dot just arrived today for my P365XL. Been waiting on this one for months...

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I just added the Trijicon SRO to my Glock 19 Gen 5 and a Holosun HE507C-GR-X2 to my Glock 19 Gen 4. They're both great sights but, based on my initial observations, I think this Holosun 507C with the green circle-dot will end up as my favorite. Can't wait to get them out to the range!!

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Just finished mounting the 507K on the P365XL. Dont know why Sig has to tighten those screws that hold the rear sight/mount plate on so damn tight. One came out fine and the other was so tight the hex head stripped. I was sweating bullets drilling the head of the screw off trying not to bugger the under side of the slide. Came out fine but damn...

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by JGray
Just finished mounting the 507K on the P365XL. Dont know why Sig has to tighten those screws that hold the rear sight/mount plate on so damn tight. One came out fine and the other was so tight the hex head stripped. I was sweating bullets drilling the head of the screw off trying not to bugger the under side of the slide. Came out fine but damn...

Had to do the same on an X Compact.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JGray
A Holosun 507K micro red dot just arrived today for my P365XL. Been waiting on this one for months...

Do us a favor and let us know how that works out. I have a P365XL that I've been thinking of: a) selling/trading or b) buying either a 507K or a Romeo Zero and just keeping it. From what I read, the Romeo Zero seems to work "fine"; but, that the Holosun 507K is more robust.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Will do - initial impression is that the dot is very quick to acquire compared to my other red dots (RMR, Fastfire and HS507C). That surprised me with the small windshield, but the 32moa circle/dot reticle pretty much fills the window so it's almost impossible to not pick up the reticle. The front sight is just visible under the circle/dot and the built in rear sight notch gives a bit of a cowitness.

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
I have a sig 227 that I’d like to put a reflexive red dot on eventually but not sure what modifications would be needed.

IC B3

Mac84 Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thanks for all the replies. Haven’t bought it yet but I’m pretty much decided on the holosun 507c x2

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TNDave59
I have a sig 227 that I’d like to put a reflexive red dot on eventually but not sure what modifications would be needed.

Dave, the guys that get real serious about mounting up a reflex red dot sight have their slide milled to fit the footprint of what they want to mount. That was more extreme than I wanted to get with my Para .45acp because I didn't know if I wanted to keep that RMR on that handgun or not. I contacted Evolution Gun Works out of Quakertown, PA. (egwguns.com) and they supplied an adapter plate that pressed into the rear sight dovetail. It mounts a little higher than the milled slide option and you can't use the rear sight to co-witness with the red dot, but it works great for someone who doesn't want to have their slide milled out and still mount up a red dot or go back to using the iron sights in the future. They should have a plate that will fit your 227 Glock dovetail. My adapter plate cost $58.49 with the shipping.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Is there a Red Dot narrow enough to fit on a 1911 without hanging over the sides of the slide??

I know the slide will have to be milled for mounting.

When the tailgate drops the BS stops.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
The RMR is on a lot of 1911s.

I run an RMR on a G17.

Big cat was on my trail.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Originally Posted by Windfall

Dave, the guys that get real serious about mounting up a reflex red dot sight have their slide milled to fit the footprint of what they want to mount. That was more extreme than I wanted to get with my Para .45acp because I didn't know if I wanted to keep that RMR on that handgun or not. I contacted Evolution Gun Works out of Quakertown, PA. (egwguns.com) and they supplied an adapter plate that pressed into the rear sight dovetail. It mounts a little higher than the milled slide option and you can't use the rear sight to co-witness with the red dot, but it works great for someone who doesn't want to have their slide milled out and still mount up a red dot or go back to using the iron sights in the future. They should have a plate that will fit your 227 Glock dovetail. My adapter plate cost $58.49 with the shipping.

Perfect, thanks! Just the information I was looking for and will definitely look into EGW as I didn’t want to have the milling done.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Who mills Glock slides for low profile red dots??

When the tailgate drops the BS stops.
Mac84 Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Agency Arms maybe?

Ordered up my holosun a few days ago. Should be arriving soon. Reports to follow

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Windfall

I have been wanting to try one of this dovetail apadpter plates on my XDM.
Has this been reliable? Hold zero?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
This looks interesting:

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mine doesn’t wobble if that is any indication. EGW has a lot of these mounting plates and I don’t shoot my Para all that often, but if it has changed zero, I sure can’t tell it. EGW did not have a mount specifically for the Para, but years back I had my handgun reworked that included a Novak rear sight and dovetail and EGW did have a Novak mount. My gunsmith did the base install with a sight pusher and it is really tight. Mine is just a range toy and the Commander size Para- P12 is a whole lot more accurate in my hands than it ever was with the iron sights. I get a few of the firearm periodicals every month and the red dot sights are sure showing up in the magazines way more than they use to. My edc handguns still have open sights and the CZ has the fiber optic sight set that I like.

While I can shoot more accurately with the red dot, because it sticks up higher than the fiber optics, I think that it could snag on clothing more easily for an edc sight.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

213 members (12344mag, 1lessdog, 160user, 2UP, 264mag, 338rcm, 24 invisible), 1,626 guests, and 1,056 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,628
Posts18,492,972
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.