Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
I
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
I
This popped up in my feed, thought it might be of interest to some.

https://youtu.be/K1YH0xwmero

*Not sure if this was the best sub forum to post it in- mods feel free to move it if necessary.

Last edited by Iron_ghost; 12/20/20.
HR IC

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Federal to their customers: "hey you stink'n customers, STFU"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I dont blame the ammo manufacturers for not investing millions to expand. This ammo shortage, just like all the others, will one day be a thing of the past. Ammo will sit on shelves and once again be stupid cheap like it was earlier this year. This would bankrupt these guys. I understand the antigun threat coming, but things will get right again.

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Yeah it might be a while yet but I think ammo will be available again, this time is very similar to the Obama days but maybe a little worse.....Hb

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by gunchamp
I dont blame the ammo manufacturers for not investing millions to expand. This ammo shortage, just like all the others, will one day be a thing of the past. Ammo will sit on shelves and once again be stupid cheap like it was earlier this year. This would bankrupt these guys. I understand the antigun threat coming, but things will get right again.

Agreed, but now is the time to upgrade or expand if you have it in the plans at all, money is sitting waiting on product.

IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
If they expand to meet temporary demand and then it bites them later, the same folks who wanted them to expand will say how dumb it was and how poorly managed the company is...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Never happen. No workers available.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Seemed like an ungrateful prick....Business tip #1- Don't talk down to your customers

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
The industry has sold, what, 100 million more guns in the last 6-10 years?? Lots of those are to NEW shooters. Hell, the POPULATION is up 75 million since the 80’s/early 90’s.

Lots more semiautos out there (consume more ammo), long range shooters (consume more ammo), AR shooters/owners (consume more ammo).

I get it, you don’t want TOO MUCH capacity. However, if you’re backlogged TWO YEARS, then it might be time to up your production capacity a bit more.

If anything, the gun mfgrs. ought to be leaning on them a bit. How do you continue to sell $500-$1000 firearms, when there’s no stable supply of ammo to “fuel” them??? How do you continue to push shooting as a “hobby”, when you can’t find ammo, and when each pull of the trigger costs $1-$2???

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
If companies were able to raise prices to meet the demand you'd see a lot more investment in capacity. Companies would get crucified by the gun commumity for raising prices so they keep prices low and we deal with years long shortages in exchange. Scalpers make more money per box of 22's than the manufacturers do.

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
That guys is a piss poor spokesman for the shooting industry.

What you will see is independent companies picking up the slack, if federal won't make it some one else will !

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by jimy

What you will see is independent companies picking up the slack, if federal won't make it some one else will !

Except the litigation and insurance is more than most "small companies" can afford, Let one idiot do something stupid and you're spending more than your profits trying to clear your name and reputation.

And these zombies line up and eat from the media’s trough

Cowards CANNOT be free. Nor should they be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Hancock27

Except the litigation and insurance is more than most "small companies" can afford, Let one idiot do something stupid and you're spending more than your profits trying to clear your name and reputation.

The key to eliminating human error is with automation , robots don't get covid or pregnant, they work holidays and don't draw overtime or vacation time.

Did you see how dated those factories were, employees hand loading pallets and moving them with pallet jacks ?

Another bunch of sh~t was the " We are making more hunting rounds than ever" no actual numbers were ever mentioned in his little tiride.

My bull sh~t meeter was peged !

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I think the guy did a great job and sounds like someone who tells it like it is....of course that always doesn’t sit well with many today.....those who think their ass should be kissed every time they want to buy something.

Guy runs a company that grosses 10’s of million dollars a year, has people working while other companies are shut down, has machines spitting out bullets and loaded ammo by the millions daily, and gets a lecture here about automation..

Jimmy...how does the company you run compare to Federal re profits and the number of employees you have on the payroll? Actual numbers now...don’t be pegging any bullsheeet meters..

Last edited by battue; 12/21/20.

laissez les bons temps rouler
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Anyone who is interested can drop Vista Outdoors an email to express your disappoint with Mr. Vanderbrink at: [email protected]

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Jimy and him can talk face to face..the next time they are at the board meeting to discuss future direction in automation.....

Last edited by battue; 12/21/20.

laissez les bons temps rouler
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

How do you ramp up and produce more when you are already at capacity? I don’t blame him, whiners will always whine. Rumors of warehouses full of 22 long rifle ammunition were all over the Campfire when the Obama shortage occurred, now you got jimmy, the Warren Buffet of ammo, as the answer man.

When will you learn to stock up in times of plenty for lean times? You had better look at your pantry also, you may want more than a package of cheese and a loaf of bread if food got a bit scarce.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by battue
Jimy and him can talk face to face..the next time they are at the board meeting to discuss future direction in automation.....

😂😂

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by battue
I think the guy did a great job and sounds like someone who tells it like it is....of course that always doesn’t sit well with many today.....those who think their ass should be kissed every time they want to buy something.

Guy runs a company that grosses 10’s of million dollars a year, has people working while other companies are shut down, has machines spitting out bullets and loaded ammo by the millions daily, and gets a lecture here about automation..

Jimmy...how does the company you run compare to Federal re profits and the number of employees you have on the payroll? Actual numbers now...don’t be pegging any bullsheeet meters..

Good post. Still, I'm sure it won't deter any manufacturing geniuses that populate the forum with their, "I need it now so I want it now" mentality.

Some people don't have a clue. laugh

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
All the 22 shells are sitting in some overweight 65 year old's closet...him thinking he is ready for WW3. Meanwhile, guys like me just want to go plinking and actually shoot our ammo.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

111 members (6mmCreedmoor, 338reddog, 14idaho, 01Foreman400, afisher, 8 invisible), 1,474 guests, and 830 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,324
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.