Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
George Gardner posted on FB that there's a new version coming. Sounds like a rehash of the current 4.5-18x design with some updates.

LINK to SH post

LINK to FB

Last edited by 4th_point; 12/20/20.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's great news. I hope it has the G2H reticle.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Awesome. Glad they are continuing with the Elite line, especially the LRHS.

Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
I've seen more well-shot game lost with TSXs than any other premium bullet.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here we go again a tactical shooting competitor trying to design a long range hunting optic. Fancy whiz bang reticle and all. Tactical shooting and hunting need different scope and reticle designs. I guess I am happy it appears bushnell is bringing back some Japanese scope which is a great thing

Last edited by cumminscowboy; 12/21/20.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
Tactical shooting and hunting need different scope and reticle designs.

It is a different scope and reticle design than their tactical/competition models.

Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
I've seen more well-shot game lost with TSXs than any other premium bullet.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here we go again a tactical shooting competitor trying to design a long range hunting optic. Fancy whiz bang reticle and all. Tactical shooting and hunting need different scope and reticle designs. I guess I am happy it appears bushnell is bringing back some Japanese scope which is a great thing

George has hunted more than you will in your entire lifetime......

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
L
LJB Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Originally Posted by scenarshooter

Seems to me the PRS comps are more similar to hunting than different, especially "western" style hunting where ranges can be longer. Hunting, at least in my experience, can be dynamic, unpredictable, high pressure, physically demanding, etal; which are all things PRS comps try to simulate. I'm a hunter, not a PRS competitor, but I'm super glad Mr. Gardner is collaborating (presumed) with Bushnell to design the next generation of LRHS. Just wished he would have asked for my input (grin).

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I sure like the first series, and have high expectations for these scopes. Some of the best value scopes available for repeatable long range dialing IMHO.

“I am in love with Montana. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection, but with Montana it is love, and it’s difficult to analyze love when you’re in it.” John Steinbeck
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
I'm hoping they come out with a 3-12 as well

E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
Is it confirmed they will be built in Japan? I have a LRHSi and can’t imagine taking a close shot on low magnification without the illumination in low light. At longer range, I haven’t needed illumination as the reticle is plenty visible.

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Mik123

me too

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by LJB

Seems to me the PRS comps are more similar to hunting than different, especially "western" style hunting where ranges can be longer. Hunting, at least in my experience, can be dynamic, unpredictable, high pressure, physically demanding, etal; which are all things PRS comps try to simulate. I'm a hunter, not a PRS competitor, but I'm super glad Mr. Gardner is collaborating (presumed) with Bushnell to design the next generation of LRHS.

Very true.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by elkaddict
Is it confirmed they will be built in Japan?

I sure hope so!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by Mik123

me too

+2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I spent this past weekend hunting with George, and got to try out this scope....The glass is amazing. The turrets are crisp, and the power range is very usable, and the parallax was really forgiving.

They are made in Japan, by Light Optical.....

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I spent this past weekend hunting with George, and got to try out this scope....The glass is amazing. The turrets are crisp, and the power range is very usable, and the parallax was really forgiving.

That's great to hear. Thanks for the intel, Pat! Any idea of whether there will be a 3-12x model?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith

That's great to hear. Thanks for the intel, Pat! Any idea of whether there will be a 3-12x model?

+3 for the 3-12x44!

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by 4th_point
George Gardner posted on FB that there's a new version coming. Sounds like a rehash of the current 4.5-18x design with some updates.

LINK to SH post

LINK to FB

Best scope I have ever run is the first LRHS. Eye relief is incredible, glass brilliant. Love it.

If both are on the same diameter tube, why go with the 3 x 12 instead of the 4.5 x 18?

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
3-15x illuminated and I'll be considering one.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (12344mag, 1234, 10ring1, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 58 invisible), 2,905 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,796
Posts18,477,396
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.