Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
MHG bayonet worth $4K? Not having much luck doing better. More than I want to pay.

LOL
GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
If you want my opinion (which is worth as much as a bucket of warm spit), that's nuts.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Fireball2
MHG bayonet worth $4K? Not having much luck doing better. More than I want to pay.

Huh,.... so this collectible is probably out of the question as well. ??

Savage Collectible

"Every day above ground is a good day."
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
They say everything is worth what somebody would be willing to pay. I would not be willing to pay anything near that price. I would be happy just having the gun and if a missing part got that nagging then I would seriously consider selling it. I don't know what you paid for the MHG but would a 4K bayonet add that much more value to the gun? Hmmm??? However, if you just want it to have it ,and it doesn't require selling off the south 40 or the kids to medical science, then go for it and don't look back. Just my 2-cents which when calculated for inflation holds little value.

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." John Stapp - "Stapp's Law"
"Klaatu barada nikto"

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Southern_WI_Savage

Savage Collectible

That would be one for the advanced Savage collector!

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." John Stapp - "Stapp's Law"
"Klaatu barada nikto"

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Those bayonets were in the $2000 range 20 or 30 years ago. I think that price was set more by the bayonet collectors than the Savage rifle collectors. Guessing it is the reverse now days.

Savage...never say "never".
Rick...

Join the NRA...together we stand, divided we fall!

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Doesn't matter. It's still nuts! grin

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's the same statement I get from my wife when I return home from a gun show with something new. laugh

Savage...never say "never".
Rick...

Join the NRA...together we stand, divided we fall!

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Rick99
Those bayonets were in the $2000 range 20 or 30 years ago. I think that price was set more by the bayonet collectors than the Savage rifle collectors. Guessing it is the reverse now days.

I've been chasing after US milsurps for 25 years and have yet to buy a bayonet based on the prices set by the bayonet collectors. I figure bayonets are something you go after only when all other aspects of the collection have been fulfilled. And that hasen't happened yet.

"Klaatu barada nikto"

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
What the hell! It's just green paper. Grab it if'n you want it. You could always sell it if you changed your mind. How long will it be before you stumble across another one?

IC B3

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Got one for sale if interested $3200

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L

Hell, you'd probably put yer eye out with the dam thing anyway! laugh

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Southern_WI_Savage

Savage Collectible

I just paid that and all I got was a measly K. Go figure,

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by S99VG
They say everything is worth what somebody would be willing to pay. I would not be willing to pay anything near that price. I would be happy just having the gun and if a missing part got that nagging then I would seriously consider selling it. I don't know what you paid for the MHG but would a 4K bayonet add that much more value to the gun? Hmmm??? However, if you just want it to have it ,and it doesn't require selling off the south 40 or the kids to medical science, then go for it and don't look back. Just my 2-cents which when calculated for inflation holds little value.

I paid less than $3K for the MHG. I just saw a completed auction for a rifle and bayonet for about $5500, plus auction fees iirc.

LOL
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by S99VG

I paid less than $3K for the MHG. I just saw a completed auction for a rifle and bayonet for about $5500, plus auction fees iirc.

To play American Pickers here (that name always reminded me of the kid who couldn't stop picking his nose), I guess you could come close to bundling it all together and having something that is worth moe than the sum total you paid for its parts. I would donate it to a museum and then take 10K off my taxes. Or just keep it as a score in the Holy Grail department. Do you want to sell the gun or keep it for bragging rights? And I certainly mean no disrespect in the latter. I would brag about my collection but it contains so few logs for stoking that fire.

"Klaatu barada nikto"

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I do not want to sell it. Can't have an MHG laying around w/o a proper sling and a bayonet LOL.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by topnotch99
Got one for sale if interested $3200

That's certainly better. Got any photos of it?

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What did P.T. Barnum say?

I know it was something profound, but I forgot what it was....

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I do not want to sell it. Can't have an MHG laying around w/o a proper sling and a bayonet LOL.

Well then buy it and have one of the only complete collections of MHG firarms and 99 paraphanelia! But do try talking the seller down like you'd do with any other potential purchase.

"Klaatu barada nikto"

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by 99guy
What did P.T. Barnum say?

I know it was something profound, but I forgot what it was....

I think it was something like there's a sucker born every minute and two kids to take em.

"Klaatu barada nikto"

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

85 members (7mm_Loco, 300_savage, 2500HD, 1973cb450, 15 invisible), 1,628 guests, and 976 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,623
Posts18,474,053
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.