Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#15562266 12/23/20
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
A simple question for the union members here on the 'fire,

Are any of you willing to name your union and stand behind it's political contributions?

MAGA
GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Point of this thread isn't to debate the merits of a union, or the benefits or detriments thereof. Simply, if you are a union member, do you stand behind the political contributions of your union.

MAGA
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
I opted out of AFSCME earlier this year when they sent out emails supporting BLM. I should've done it a long time ago.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Brother Gruff.... they don't like to talk about that..... makes them uncomfortable...

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ain't no union dog, ain't no government bitch...

Coyotes shot no waiting.
IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
American Honky-Tonk Bar Assn.

We only give money to the John Birch Society.

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by irfubar
Brother Gruff.... they don't like to talk about that..... makes them uncomfortable...

We'll see. Guaranteed to run off the rails, but there's enough honest guys on here I think there'll be a fair bit of "I am a member, but don't agree with their politics".

MAGA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I`m not in a union so can`t help you there, however, is it any different than purchasing things from companies that support democrats?

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
All unions support open borders and cheap labor, high taxes , gun control, China jobs and BLM terrorists. Pretty much the destruction of the middle class.

There is zero proof against this fact.

Bring it on union goons- google the AFLCIO or the AFCSME or the Teachers union web sites and prove us wrong. lmao clowns

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
I opted out of AFSCME earlier this year when they sent out emails supporting BLM. I should've done it a long time ago.

What does that (supporting blm)have to do with they are "supposed" to be doing for you the member? Good call on opting out.

IC B3

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Every U.S. taxpayer that pays a Federal Income Tax is funding a Union, abortion, illegal aliens, people who refuse to work and their offspring, pro-Muslim programs, corporate welfare and the starving Pygmy's in New Guinea.

Willing or unwilling, does it really matter at this point?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I’ll be the first. I’m a Teamster ( been at UPS for 30 years this past August) and I don’t agree with their political views......have at it.

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by SCRUBS
I`m not in a union so can`t help you there, however, is it any different than purchasing things from companies that support democrats?

A point well worth making.

But yeah, I'd say it is. If for no other reason, if next week I have the opportunity to buy a gallon of milk from the local IGA instead of Krogers I can do that. Union members don't really have a choice where their money goes. But you make a fair point.

MAGA
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
For all you ignorant mutherfuggers:

Beck (1988) the Supreme Court ruled that the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA) restricted unions from collecting dues for political activities if a union member chooses to opt out. The required dues can only be used for collective-bargaining and other representational activities.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Point of this thread isn't to debate the merits of a union, or the benefits or detriments thereof. Simply, if you are a union member, do you stand behind the political contributions of your union.

Absolutely not.

I hate that the international AFL-CIO gets $6/mo of my money to do with as they do. Most of my coworkers feel the same. Our Local President has had some very heated discussions with National Reps over who they choose to endorse for political offices.

"Can't you stupid [bleep] find anyone who is not proabortion and antigun? Until you do, I'll not take your advice about who to vote for." Needless to say, he is not warmly received at those gatherings.

But economics kept me tied to this company. My pay scale allowed Momma to work as she chose at part time jobs which ensured our children never saw the inside of a daycare.

At any other employer in this Valley, I would have been working for 1/3 to 1/2 of what I was able to earn here.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Huntz

Beck (1988) the Supreme Court ruled that the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA) restricted unions from collecting dues for political activities if a union member chooses to opt out. The required dues can only be used for collective-bargaining and other representational activities.

Yes and no. In Idaho one can make that choice. Not so in Oregon.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by SCRUBS

Or voting for the "least offensive of two choices"?

Or one "conservative" representative in WA D.C. voting for the new Corona relief package?

I've belonged to at least 3 Unions, and not because of their political contributions. Just like in the political world, and this f'd up State I live in, sometimes I'm outnumbered.

I worked in one job that had there not been a union, every worker in the plant would have been a green card worker from Tjuana. The owners owned plants in TX and that was their operating method. Instead, I made as much money at 21 years old, actually a penny an hour less, than my old man working in a union shipyard.

The benefits sometimes outweighed the drawbacks.

I do kind of lean toward them having outlived their usefulness in today's "gig economy" though. Not many are going to work in the :"plant" for thirty years and draw a pension. Job security and a decent retirement were big drawing cards for unions in the olden days.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

Yes and no. In Idaho one can make that choice. Not so in Oregon.

As of 2018, anyone can opt out (Janus ruling). I don't know if they're nationwide or not, but there's an organization here in Oregon (Opt Out) encouraging people to leave the union(s). Their website has the necessary forms and legal information. I don't know how they're funded, but they were a big help.

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B

Just like federal dollars that go to planned parenthood don't fund abortions? lol

MAGA
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
The function of a union is to represent its members in the workplace. They have no business meddling in immigration issues or politics beyond that mandate; representing their members at the bargaining table when needed. The members are the union.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (1badf350, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 1234, 58 invisible), 2,621 guests, and 1,282 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,718
Posts18,514,183
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.