Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by DANNYL
I've noticed that retailers such as midway and amazon are right on time. Normal individual shipping is delayed big time. UPS or USPS aren't going to take the chance on loosing business from the retailer.

Haven't had this as my experience. Multiple packages with delays from Amazon and a couple other retailers. Personally, have a rifle I shipped from Concord NH to FL on 12/8 USPS Priority Mail and has been in transit since.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

#realtalk

Side note.

I placed an order in Georgia on Thursday night, shipped Friday via FedEx, handled off to usps and delivered Saturday.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by 3darcher2
Originally Posted by BKS
11 days in Memphis for mine and counting

I went online and filled out a complaint form today. It’s been sitting in Memphis for 6 days. It arrived in Oxford MS 12 miles from the destination on the 12th and was promptly sent 60 miles the other direction the same day to Memphis.

I filed a complaint at 10:09 local time today. At 11:23, it was scanned as having departed Memphis. Could be a coincidence I’m sure, but then again.

In the meantime I have a rifle stock that was scanned Monday in UT coming to me Priority. One scan and that’s it, no clue where it’s at and no expected date. I am also waiting on a first class mailed MO since Monday from MS, no sign of it.

Also Monday evening I shipped two boxes of ammo UPS from the Pittsburgh area. One arrived in NJ on Wed, the other in OK on Thurs as projected no issues.

The new UPS simple rate should cut into the USPS priority mail. It will for me.

Well despite showing being back in Memphis on Sunday, lo and behold the package was delivered today. Squeaky wheel gets the grease. After filing my inquiry on Friday, I got an email from my destination PO saying they would look into it. Coincidence or not I’ll take it.

My incoming rifle stock still shows arrived at Provo last Monday, radio silence since then other than it’s on its way to the destination....in PA

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P

One just has to read the newspaper to see what’s happening, the Post Office is overwhelmed with the volume of mail.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
I shipped a ML back on the 8th. Guy called me yesterday and he just got it. I bought a scope here on the 9th and it made it to Atlanta and then left and made its way to New Orleans. Now it’s on his way back here. It was shipped from Alabama.🤦🏻‍♂️

Regards,
Nick- Georgia
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I understand that they are overwhelmed but I have a package that has been in transit for 18 days and hasn’t moved in 13. Ct to Va. Do they have the space to warehouse all that mail, for that much time, nationwide? Are they just piling one days mail on top of the next? How do they decide what gets delivered and what gets piled up? I’m patient but I’m curious too. How are they managing this situation?

Deadlines and commitments, what to leave in, what to leave out...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Could be worse, could be filing claims. In a way it can be nice being delayed so when it shows up ya get all giggly because ya forgot about it.

M
MOW Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by MOW
FYI: I been waiting for a large package that was Priority mailed 3 Dec and went into a regional facility 3 Dec. It has not moved since going into the regional facility. I requested an inquiry and they replied after the 2nd request that the package is delayed do to Covid. Another forum member has had the same thing happen, except his went into a regional facility 9 Dec and has not moved. If you need to mail a large package, you might want to consider an alternate carrier to the USPS.

Update: Still waiting...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just mailed a package -priority mail to Yakima Washington on the 17th and it was due there the 21st and it was delivered the 21st. !

Last edited by kennymauser; 12/21/20. Reason: Correcting screw-up
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
I paid a company $9.99 for Priority shipping, package has still not arrived. Sent inquiries twice, most recently was told to be patient that it was in transit. I replied that I wanted a replacement shipped UPS or I wanted a refund. Seller replied that UPS cost 3x what USPS Priority does. I called bullchit on that statement and demanded a refund to which the seller agreed. I had occassion to ship a couple small packages via UPS today, each the same size as the one expected, cost was $9.43 ea. proving my point that UPS shipping definately was not 3x more than USPS.

IC B3

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Got all of mine 1 day late not bad for what's going on.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I shipped 2 boxes to the same address in GA on the 14th, 1 just left Rochester NY and the other has been sitting in Atlanta for 4 days. Maybe they are just holding it until the other box catches up so they can be delivered the same time. LOL

Last edited by DANNYL; 12/22/20.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Guy sent me a barrel on 11/28. It has showed it is delayed but still on its way since 12/2 with no updates.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
It would seem to me what with 16 pages of replies that we’ve about beaten this dead horse into the ground.
Surely y’all can understand what with the overwhelming extra influx of parcels, UPS and FEDEX establishing limits on their workload which only adds to the USPS, the supposed cutbacks in handling equipment and trucking restrictions NOT TO MENTION the shortage of normal workers due to COVID etc. , who could expect anything less? I’d say they’re doing a fair job given what’s been put on their plate for the last couple months.
Just my 2 cents. Give it a rest.

Good judgment comes from experience, and most of that comes from bad judgement! 🥴
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P

Originally Posted by OlRufus
It would seem to me what with 16 pages of replies that we’ve about beaten this dead horse into the ground.
Surely y’all can understand what with the overwhelming extra influx of parcels, UPS and FEDEX establishing limits on their workload which only adds to the USPS, the supposed cutbacks in handling equipment and trucking restrictions NOT TO MENTION the shortage of normal workers due to COVID etc. , who could expect anything less? I’d say they’re doing a fair job given what’s been put on their plate for the last couple months.
Just my 2 cents. Give it a rest.

+1

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bobmar
I understand that they are overwhelmed but I have a package that has been in transit for 18 days and hasn’t moved in 13. Ct to Va. Do they have the space to warehouse all that mail, for that much time, nationwide? Are they just piling one days mail on top of the next? How do they decide what gets delivered and what gets piled up? I’m patient but I’m curious too. How are they managing this situation?

Most likely sitting in long haul trucks.

“I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them

“John Wayne”
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Landyboy

I have a package stuck in Detroit. They have 50+ long haul trucks sitting there waiting to unload.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by andymick32
Originally Posted by Landyboy

I have a package stuck in Detroit. They have 50+ long haul trucks sitting there waiting to unload.

I sure hope they're sitting inside a secure yard with tall, electric fences with concertina wire on top. Ever seen what happens to a nice car or truck that sits in the same spot for a few days in Detroit??

Medics bury their mistakes..
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
https://www.uspsoig.gov/uspsoig-contact

Scroll down to where it says, I need to find...my mail/package.

I got an instant, albeit automated, reply that my case was reopened. My local PM closed it after telling me that my package was already delivered without the proper scans. confused

She didn't like my reply, "I wouldn't be here right now if it had already been delivered!"

Medics bury their mistakes..
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Shipped a rifle on nov 24th, just got delivered Monday! 4 weeks after I sent it priority mail with 3 day delivery.

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

515 members (12344mag, 219DW, 222Sako, 204guy, 2500HD, 1Longbow, 62 invisible), 2,406 guests, and 1,286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,297
Posts18,487,051
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.