Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The evening before last she felt achy with a sore throat. I got her to pound zinc and multi-vitamins. She woke up feeling better yesterday, but started feeling worse as the day went on. Got a COVID test yesterday afternoon. She felt okay this morning and started feeling worse. She just got the call telling her she is positive. I started feeling like ass last week and got tested. Mine came back negative. She's got a call in to her doc asking what she should do.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Get well wishes fot her

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Hope you both start feeling better soon, crappy Christmas to remember.

Depending on the test, the results are not 100% correct. I think like 75% correct, and I'm not sure if you start feeling ill before the test shows if you're positive . There are new machines out there that test Covid, the flu and some other results. Our small town got it about a month or so ago, Daughter runs it when she isn't doing a shift on the floors. Our ICU beds are at capacity, but they don't spread the news that they also get to full capacity for a bad flu season, which is 10 ICU units.

Allen

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M

Best Wishes to each of you! PissPoor timing....looks like a potential Christmas Quarantine! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I hope you all get this behind you soon

IC B2

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
My sister in law has it, aches/fever/runs. She doesn't work, but her husband is still working, you know, because they're both staunch democrats and union people, so it doesn't apply to them.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Dang man

Hate to hear this.

Get some White Claws and take a load off

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
The evening before last she felt achy with a sore throat. I got her to pound zinc and multi-vitamins. She woke up feeling better yesterday, but started feeling worse as the day went on. Got a COVID test yesterday afternoon. She felt okay this morning and started feeling worse. She just got the call telling her she is positive. I started feeling like ass last week and got tested. Mine came back negative. She's got a call in to her doc asking what she should do.

Paul a good friend and his wife came down with it and their family doctor sent them to the hospital for an “infusion “, experimental drug not yet fully approved but in the testing stage.

Both are back home now feeling much better. He is a very high risk being diabetic and on dialysis.

You might ask about this infusion thing.

I’m positive, have been for a while (tested 3 times) but asymptotic so far .

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I hope the doctors give her some good medicine. Around here they just put you on a ventilator. Prayers to get well sent.

Last edited by mtnsnake; 12/24/20.
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Best wishes with this.

Retired cat herder.

IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Remove the hysterical emotion that it is Covid...

And treat it like any other disease or illness.

Take the medicines recommended... lots of fluids and rest.

There are many things far more deadly than the Wu flu.

Perspective is 90% of the battle.

Good luck to her and we will add you to our Prayers.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by hemiallen
Hope you both start feeling better soon, crappy Christmas to remember.

Last Christmas Eve I got hit with the flu. Sick all day Christmas Eve, and for about a week thereafter. Very strange symptoms for the flu, to include such severe shoulder joint pain that I almost literally couldn't use my arms, and that pain was slow to fade. Took months. The shoulder pain came on day one of the flu symptoms. I spent all Christmas Eve and Christmas Day in bed, getting up only to try to get some nutrition and use the bathroom. Too weak and sick to do anything other than sleep. Gradually, over about a week, I got well enough for reasonably normal activity, but that shoulder pain was much slower to fade away.

I've since wondered if I was an early case of COVID19.

Anyway, I hope your wife gets over it fast. Stay safe.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sorry Paul. Good luck.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Hope she gets an easy case!

We had it in our house and for the kids and me it was a bad cold with some body aches and loss of smell/taste. Poor wife had GI issues, severe fatigue, and it lasted a while.

A lot of variance in symptoms for people I’ve talked to.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Her doctor has told her to do nothing other than isolate for 7 days minimum. I find it odd that at this point we haven't established any best practices relative to early interventions. NOTHING is to be taken prophylactically?

A
ATC Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Sorry to hear. I'm in the same boat. Wife tested positive on Monday, mine was negative. She'll be spending Christmas in the bedroom while I'm in the living room. Stay safe.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
My wifes Dr. told us to quarantine for 14 days. I don't care cause I feel like crap anyway. But it seems they're all over the place with numbers.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Godspeed, remember it is early treatment that counts.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Hellavu institution we have, the Modern Medicine Marvel, lol. NOTHING they recommend to take prophylactically, because most Doc's don't know and haven't been told. 90% of their practice has been dictated by Pharma. they know jack-sh*t about health. They deal drugs, cover symptoms with chemicals. Period. Causation is not in their interest, chronic " meds" ( chemical compounds with numerous side effects) is where the money is at.

The isn't a lot of profit in HQC and zinc and Vit D....the real money is in ICU medicare billing and a mandated vaccine...hundreds of millions of units....

You are correct. It IS odd. It's VERY ODD that the medical community in one of the most advanced countries in the world offers no advice, BUT TO ISOLATE. Not only odd, but criminally inept, IMO. YMMV

Cowardice is the greatest pandemic that has ever affected mankind.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Get well soon!!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

615 members (10gaugeman, 1234, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 1lessdog, 21, 66 invisible), 2,445 guests, and 1,228 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,414
Posts18,470,481
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.