Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Poconojack

One just has to read the newspaper to see what’s happening, the Post Office is overwhelmed with the volume of mail.

Yep, but a lot of knuckle heads don't seem to understand no matter how many times they are told or hear about the current issues. I really love the people that think if the ship Priority it will get there in 3 days, if they would learn to read it says Expected delivery in 3 days not guaranteed delivery. If you really want something delivered quicker try shipping Express Mail which most of the time gets where it's going overnight but it will cost ya a pretty penny.

GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Well, it appears both of my slow deliveries will be delivered today. One only took 10 days to go from Ohio to Texas, but the other took 16 days to get from Kentucky to Texas. From what I’ve heard, I’m lucky it only took that long.

FWP Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RJL53
Yep, but a lot of knuckle heads don't seem to understand no matter how many times they are told or hear about the current issues.

Knuckle heads? Your paying for a service and expect it.

In addition the current "issues" did not become common knowledge until well after the system collapsed.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I shipped a package once.
It said three day delivery
It was delivered in three days
Sorry

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by flur60
I shipped a package once.
It said three day delivery
It was delivered in three days
Sorry

2019?

Medics bury their mistakes..
IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

One just has to read the newspaper to see what’s happening, the Post Office is overwhelmed with the volume of mail.

Yep, but a lot of knuckle heads don't seem to understand no matter how many times they are told or hear about the current issues. I really love the people that think if the ship Priority it will get there in 3 days, if they would learn to read it says Expected delivery in 3 days not guaranteed delivery. If you really want something delivered quicker try shipping Express Mail which most of the time gets where it's going overnight but it will cost ya a pretty penny.

How would you like to pay for Express Mail expecting it would arrive the next day but it arrives in 2 weeks instead?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
“Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds”

Merry Christmas all!

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P

The current situation has been developing since May.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Sad

Attached Images
Screenshot_20201224-203219_Firefox.jpg (61.25 KB, 326 downloads)
Screenshot_20201224-203247_Firefox.jpg (63.55 KB, 321 downloads)

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
One more

Attached Images
Screenshot_20201224-203313_Firefox.jpg (30.3 KB, 313 downloads)

IC B3

M
MOW Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by MOW
FYI: I been waiting for a large package that was Priority mailed 3 Dec and went into a regional facility 3 Dec. It has not moved since going into the regional facility. I requested an inquiry and they replied after the 2nd request that the package is delayed do to Covid. Another forum member has had the same thing happen, except his went into a regional facility 9 Dec and has not moved. If you need to mail a large package, you might want to consider an alternate carrier to the USPS.

Update:

With no tracking updates (except the final delivery one) my package was delivered the 23rd.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mine has been in Memphis for 5 days now, and scanned twice in two different zip codes, both in Memphis. I don't think anybody knows what truck to put it on to get to a small town. Up and down the interstate is all they know. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
In an earlier post, I stated I may have to look at UPS for shipping packages in the future. NOT! Yesterday I drove the 25 miles to the nearest UPS hub to ship some ammo because it’s the only option. Walked in and told, “we are not accepting any packages for shipment until Monday!” No mention of that on their website, and no Tel# listed to call in advance. I would have tried Fed Ex, but that was another 20 miles.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Shipped a shotgun to another fire member out in the Carolina's from Illinois using priority mail through the post office. It arrived a month late, but it arrived!

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Shipped a rifle part via USPS to a member on here and the envelope arrived torn without the part inside. Sucks but thankfully it was a small and inexpensive part.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MOW
Originally Posted by MOW
FYI: I been waiting for a large package that was Priority mailed 3 Dec and went into a regional facility 3 Dec. It has not moved since going into the regional facility. I requested an inquiry and they replied after the 2nd request that the package is delayed do to Covid. Another forum member has had the same thing happen, except his went into a regional facility 9 Dec and has not moved. If you need to mail a large package, you might want to consider an alternate carrier to the USPS.

Update:

With no tracking updates (except the final delivery one) my package was delivered the 23rd.

My package was shipped 12/3 also. It is scheduled for delivery Monday. smile

Jim

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mikestaten
Shipped a rifle part via USPS to a member on here and the envelope arrived torn without the part inside. Sucks but thankfully it was a small and inexpensive part.

Another one that never learned to tape stuff to the inside of the envelope....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Express Mail just means you get to pay more and it will arrive at the same time 'snail mail' does. No refunds, either. BTDT

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mailed a rifle to Florida on Monday, arrived yesterday. I am shocked, shocked i tell you!

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Had a priority mail package delivered today of all days. In Michigan. Sent 21st from TX.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (2500HD, 12344mag, 222Sako, 160user, 240NMC, 1lessdog, 61 invisible), 2,598 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,293
Posts18,486,934
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.