Campfire Ranger
H
Exactly.

GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I had the ST max on my 2500HD. Lasted about 40k miles with a bunch of those miles towing a 14k lb toy hauler. I went Cooper AT3 this time around. Also have STT Pros on my Wrangler. I like Cooper tires. Every LT size is made in the US.

I buy Coopers if they make a tire that fits my needs

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I would suggest looking at the fallen wildpeak at3ws tires. Amazing runner for the money!

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by 338rcm
Been running Toyo Open Country A/T II on mine. Will buy another set when thy are done

This

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
All terrain tires should be called "no terrain." They aren't actually good at anything.

It depends on how you use your truck. If you are driving a 3/4 ton on blacktop pulling a horse trailer, that is different than an all around vehicle. I use mud tires that are siped. Not great on icepack, but good at everything else, and great off road.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Timbermaster
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I hate Coopers.

We keep buying them because of the service our local store provides.

I wont buy them any more either. Not impressed with how fast they wear out when put to use.

Me either.

Wife has high dollar MT's on her pickup. I do believe they are the worst tires I have seen.

Rotated regularly, but roar so bad on the highway, even I can hear nothing else. Hate them.

Cooper used to be a good tire--especially for the money. They were sold to a Chinese company, but almost a year after the deal was made, the SEC nixed it. They had to start over, Cooper was sold again and are mostly made in USA last I knew, but they have never been the same tire they once were.

Wrong. Cooper OTR truck tires are made in china so the US plants can make pick-up truck tires in the States. they also have several joint ventures in china. They were sold to them.

Cooper wasn't sold to the chinese. They were almost bought by an indian company, but Apollo Tyre backed out due to cooper's china business.

As for Cooper's truck tires. No issues with their AT/3's. Get over 55k on their tires, just make sure you rotate them and keep them inflated. Have been running Cooper's for decades.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I tell everyone the same thing, but rarely do they listen. Kumho AT51.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Siping isnt everything. Biting edges, tread depth and consistent medium compound the depth of tread. Kumho AT51.

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by ChuckKY
Originally Posted by dye7barrel
My 2018 Silverado has "off road" tires. After 2 flats they came off and BGF K02's went on. Money well spent.

I've got a 2018 Silverado also. It came with Goodyear Wranglers. Had to have one tire patched at about 250 miles, picked up a nail. It wasn't many more miles when I got another screw in the sidewall close to the thread. No one would patch it were it was at, didn't want to buy new tire with 10,000 miles on other three. I plugged it and it is still going strong, but it has to be the thinnest sidewall I ever seen on a truck tire.

My 2019 Silverado Duramax came with Firestones on them. Same thing, I hit a rock and the right rear blew out. Noisy as hell. Service guy at the Chevy garage replacing the warrantied tire said the Coopers have gone down in quality the last few years.I ran them on my 98 Dodge Ram and my wife's 2004Tacoma.

I don't by snow tires for mileage, I buy them for traction with that softer rubber. You can't get both .If someone is buying all weather or all terrain tires they are kidding themselves if they think they will be good on ice or snow

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
No more Coopers for me ever. My 2016 F-150 4WD is now on its second set of BFG’s and I love them. Quiet as a street tire and just as smooth riding. I can go pretty much anywhere I want to in 2WD....they’re fantastic in my little world,

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
IC B3

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I went with plain old BFG AT KO2’s... hard to beat them

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Totaled my Tundra this spring when an elk hit me on a dark highway. I replaced it with a Ford F150 XLT 4 door with 13,000 miles. Came with Goodyear Wrangler Radials which I haven't used in years. I'm up to 20,000 miles and they seem to be doing well. Anyone else use them?

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Does no one run Kelly Safari’s? Bought a 2004 Dodge Ram from my stepdad that he had put used Kelly Safaris on back, I drove the truck nearly three years and they still have tread left.

Last edited by ridgerunner_ky; 12/25/20.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Armednfree
After driving my new truck home last night in that snow I discovered something. 4wd all the way and I'm not impressed. Slip sliding away, what I discovered was those damn street tires the put on a truck ain't worth squat.

I asked my dealer freind about that once, he said with that kind of truck they sell the ride, unlike something like a TRD.

It's a truck, let the tires sing and rumble, but let them bite when it counts. Screw the ride.
Now looking at A/T tires after I sell my old truck.

Thinking Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx

[Linked Image from cdn.discounttire.com]

You are driving a 4WD truck, on a paved street and having trouble managing it in 2 inches of snow...?

""Mute the Greeniacs. Open the pipeline. Bury the Russians." - JPR - 2022
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My last new truck got a new set of thirty fives, leveled and lifted before I drove it home.

Those brand new car tires whent on FB marketplace

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by tedthorn
My last new truck got a new set of thirty fives, leveled and lifted before I drove it home.

And so did the warranty on the truck....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by HawkI
Originally Posted by tedthorn

And so did the warranty on the truck....

I lost so much sleep over it.....

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
Im sure, makes sense.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by horse1
Originally Posted by aalf
Originally Posted by horse1
Originally Posted by aalf

Big Jim never passes up a chance to diss Coopers......
I run ST-Maxx on this one:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The demands placed upon a tired mounted under what is nearly the lightest 1/2tn in GM's fleet, driving in an area of the country dominated by pavement and really good gravel, are significantly different that pulling stock trailers w/3/4-1tn trucks across the prairie, through the gumbo, and upon gravel roads made of rocks big enough for most people's "Rock Garden".
Gravel roads in "Highline Country MT" are a significantly different animal than are gravel roads in ND, SD, MN, or WI.

True, if that were the case, however you assume too much, and you'd be wrong......

My "street truck" doesn't get drove around here. It stays in the garage till I head to Montana deer and coyote hunting, which is the reason I put the ST-Maxx on.

It's seen the dreaded hi-line.....

And it's still the lightest 1/2tn in GM's line and you still don't have a 24' stock trailer or ~900# of diesel motor hanging over the front end.........
If you want to talk apples and oranges, my truck and tires are bigger and better than yours, horse.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You've had too much egg nog.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (219DW, 160user, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 219 Wasp, 12344mag, 58 invisible), 11,840 guests, and 1,237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,250
Posts18,544,406
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.