Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by pahick
I tell everyone the same thing, but rarely do they listen. Kumho AT51.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I’ve been running these the last 3 years. On snow packed, icy or slushy roads they’ve been very good and at a lower price than most comparable tires. But it’s no extreme mud tire, but I try to avoid that anyway.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by tedthorn
Originally Posted by HawkI
My last new truck got a new set of thirty fives, leveled and lifted before I drove it home.

Those brand new car tires whent on FB marketplace

And so did the warranty on the truck....

I lost so much sleep over it.....

Originally Posted by HawkI
My last new truck got a new set of thirty fives, leveled and lifted before I drove it home.

Those brand new car tires whent on FB marketplace

And so did the warranty on the truck....

I lost so much sleep over it.....

Couple of our local dealers will lift/level and put 35’s on and still honor the original warranty. They are 2 of the biggest in MO.

CK
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I just ordered the Toyo AT3 s , cant wait to get rid of the OEM Goodyear Wrangler SRA tires . They are shot at 29,000 miles .

I went to Discount Tire and the guy asked me "what is my driving style" ?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'd like to thank everyone for ditching their stock tires and getting something else. This allowed me to get several dirt cheap sets of used tires that still had the little nubbies on them. Idk what's wrong with my pickups but I've never had problems with stock tires.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Rick n Tenn
I just ordered the Toyo AT3 s , cant wait to get rid of the OEM Goodyear Wrangler SRA tires . They are shot at 29,000 miles .

I went to Discount Tire and the guy asked me "what is my driving style" ?

You gotta Ram? Some of them devour tires.

IC B2

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by stang5021
I would suggest looking at the fallen wildpeak at3ws tires. Amazing runner for the money!

Excellent choice and one I will make again when needed.

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
I have run the ST Maxx and the Goodyear Duratracs on my 2011 Chevy 1500 and would give the Duratracs the edge in snow and ice. I think the ST Maxx do a little better in mud, The Duratracs would go 55K easy before changing. Not sure the ST Maxx I have on now will make 55K. Of the 2 I would buy the Duratracs over the ST Maxx. My 2018 1500 came with Goodyear Eagle tires, they are only good for paved roads and not much snow, but they are quiet and ride nice.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pahick
I tell everyone the same thing, but rarely do they listen. Kumho AT51.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

About the same price as the Falkens I'm running now

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I hate Coopers.

We keep buying them because of the service our local store provides.

About three weeks ago I replaced the stock Toyota oem Dunlops which had done 53000 kms with Cooper Discoverer ATT, which surprisingly enough are quieter than the Dunlop road tyres, the Coopers also have less body roll in the corners.

I am pleased with the purchase.

Added, and as for snow...heck man, my freezer doesn't get as cold as your doorstep!

Last edited by JSTUART; 12/25/20.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by 19352012
I'd like to thank everyone for ditching their stock tires and getting something else. This allowed me to get several dirt cheap sets of used tires that still had the little nubbies on them. Idk what's wrong with my pickups but I've never had problems with stock tires.

You probably drive like a puzzy. The gas is on the right gramps. Keep buying up those stock crap tires.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I hit a sidewall on a rock with my Cooper AT3's and blew one. They had about 50% left so I found a used tire at a tire shop. They had an almost new Michelin Defender for $60. I wish they'd had 3 more. That would have been $240 for a set of near new LT tires.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've had a great run with Cooper AT3's. Next set the same, when due.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by KentuckyMountainMan
Originally Posted by 338rcm
Been running Toyo Open Country A/T II on mine. Will buy another set when thy are done

This

Got those on my 4 Runner, but I don't consider them good for snow tire needs... off road they do okay...

for winter tires on my cars and other vehicles I prefer Hankook Winter Tires

been using hyrdrophilic snow tires since the early 1980s.....

used them back in Minnesota and now here in Oregon... great in both wet heavy rain, and then real wet snow...
do good with snow packed roads also.. especially when studded...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Originally Posted by Armednfree
After driving my new truck home last night in that snow I discovered something. 4wd all the way and I'm not impressed. Slip sliding away, what I discovered was those damn street tires the put on a truck ain't worth squat.

I asked my dealer freind about that once, he said with that kind of truck they sell the ride, unlike something like a TRD.

It's a truck, let the tires sing and rumble, but let them bite when it counts. Screw the ride.
Now looking at A/T tires after I sell my old truck.

Thinking Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx

More so, even the name brand tires that come new on factory vehicles are NOT the same tire as we buy at the tire store, instead they are cheaper, usually useless version.

Those Coopers with that aggressive of tread won't last long on pavement, and will be pretty noisy.

The Firestone Transforce are the best 10 ply tires I've found on hardpack snow, although I'm not sure if the new version of those tires are quite as good as the first version.

have any new snow tire sipped and it improves packed snow traction dramatically....
that and add studds to them....

and carry a set of chains, when the going really gets to be a pain in the ass....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ENorton
I have run the ST Maxx and the Goodyear Duratracs on my 2011 Chevy 1500 and would give the Duratracs the edge in snow and ice. I think the ST Maxx do a little better in mud, The Duratracs would go 55K easy before changing. Not sure the ST Maxx I have on now will make 55K. Of the 2 I would buy the Duratracs over the ST Maxx. My 2018 1500 came with Goodyear Eagle tires, they are only good for paved roads and not much snow, but they are quiet and ride nice.

2020 Silverado Crew Cab. Factory tire, Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac LT275/65R18. Not much off road going on with this vehicle. Damn these tires are loud, slight sway at 75mph.Good on wet and snow covered roads. Can't imagine them being outstanding on ice, not much is without chains or studs. Decided to bite the bullet and run them til I need new tires.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by 308ld; 12/26/20.

Ed
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42
Originally Posted by 19352012

You probably drive like a puzzy. The gas is on the right gramps. Keep buying up those stock crap tires.

Monday I will call the tire place and get the best tire they got because someone named Skankhunt challenged my my driving skills on the internet.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Originally Posted by 338rcm
Been running Toyo Open Country A/T II on mine. Will buy another set when thy are done

+1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Armednfree
After driving my new truck home last night in that snow I discovered something. 4wd all the way and I'm not impressed. Slip sliding away, what I discovered was those damn street tires the put on a truck ain't worth squat.

I asked my dealer freind about that once, he said with that kind of truck they sell the ride, unlike something like a TRD.

It's a truck, let the tires sing and rumble, but let them bite when it counts. Screw the ride.
Now looking at A/T tires after I sell my old truck.

Thinking Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx

[Linked Image from cdn.discounttire.com]

You need a bunch weight in the truck bed, without that you aren’t going to get traction no matter what tire you put on.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Always liked BFG KO2's

Just took off a set from my Chev 2500HD...37K miles & only 4/32" left

Proper air pressure...alignment good.....rotated.....

Combination of highway & a lot of gravel roads

Bought 4 new Falkin WP3's....they gotta go more than 37K

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
What about the Wrangler DuraTrac?

Last edited by Armednfree; 12/26/20.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

517 members (22250rem, 3040Krag, 12344mag, 270cowboy, 1beaver_shooter, 348srfun, 51 invisible), 1,696 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,129
Posts18,523,107
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.