Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SBTCO
don't go off half cocked getting physically involved with the "debtor"/thief/moroon. That's what the cops are for.

You can do it Jack! You don't need to involve the police.

LOL
GB1

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
The blind leading the blind. I'll be watching the news for the resolution.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by johnw
lessee here
Trespass, and attack the property owner.
We'll all wanna hear how that works out...

Tune in tomorrow.
I bought a property at foreclosure and the previous owner owed debts. A debtor decided he should enter my newly acquired property and take property to satisfy his debt.
I’m not looking to attack anyone, but I will be taking home what’s rightfully and legally mine. Hopefully he see the error of his ways and stands down.

I'm sure you already know this, but, If there is a lien on the property it is your responsibility to know that and what it is for ie. any property that could be used as payment to said lien holder.
If there is no lien then the property is yours, assuming the transaction met legal standards etc. but you still need to get law enforcement involved and don't go off half cocked getting physically involved with the "debtor"/thief/moroon. That's what the cops are for.

A friend's business has been robbed repeatedly and he cannot get the Anchorage Police Department to bother to stop by to take a report on felony thefts...

And this sounds more like a civil squabble.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sounds like you are in the middle of the hog pen. Every path looks like schit.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
If entering private property to retrieve stolen property rightfully yours, and the thief tries to physically intervene, what side would the law support. The victim of theft, or the thief who would now be a “victim” of trespass.

True story, my cousin got his guns stolen and he knew who did it but the cops acted like they didn’t have enough evidence to get a search warrant so him and his neighbor go to the guys house and find his guns. The guy shows up while they are there and they hog tie him up and call the cops. It didn’t end well with my cousin and his neighbor, the guy that stole the guns got a possession of stolen property and my cousin and his neighbor got charged with breaking and entering and kidnapping. They should of put the guy in a clay pit and not even called the cops.

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Looking for answers ? Just ask O.J. Simpson, he got an extended stay in the crowbar motel for his efforts to retrieve stolen property.

Last edited by gunswizard; 12/26/20.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MadDog4298
If entering private property to retrieve stolen property rightfully yours, and the thief tries to physically intervene, what side would the law support. The victim of theft, or the thief who would now be a “victim” of trespass.

True story, my cousin got his guns stolen and he knew who did it but the cops acted like they didn’t have enough evidence to get a search warrant so him and his neighbor go to the guys house and find his guns. The guy shows up while they are there and they hog tie him up and call the cops. It didn’t end well with my cousin and his neighbor, the guy that stole the guns got a possession of stolen property and my cousin and his neighbor got charged with breaking and entering and kidnapping. They should of put the guy in a clay pit and not even called the cops.

Another example of no good deed goes unpunished

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
if you have documentation saying you bought it and own it, why not stop by the local sheriff's office and let him know what happened?

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You need a very big pressure cooker and large fire.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MadDog4298

Called the cops? Just plain stupid.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just ask OJ how well it down for him......

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not sure if laws are differing from region to region in the USA but, we built a house for a fellow, he quit paying for everything, we stopped construction and the legal proceedings started.

There was still about 5,000 in lumber left on the property, the home owner was using it to continue the construction.
My boss asked his Lawyer what to do, he said...its your lumber isn't it?

We went and took it and returned it to the lumber store. The guy was threatening from a distance, lol.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by readonly
I don't see the Commonwealth Attorney advising anybody other than law enforcement for something like this. You can bring a suit for dentinue in general district court and get it back....if he has no legal claim it should be straight forward and pretty easy. Meanwhile if he has no legal claim the sheriff ought to be able to help you bring a charge for larceny and entering property to interfere with property rights. If the trailer is worth less than $1000 you can go straight to the magistrate and swear out misdemeanors yourself. If the sheriff is saying he won't get involved because it's civil, that means the other guy has articulated or documented a legal claim that has convinced him to stay out, and will be a bad look for you to go around law enforcement on a self help mission.
Really good advice. The sheriff doesn't have the authority to settle competing claims. A judge or Justice of the peace will listen to both sides and make a decision. Going to someone else's property to settle an ownership of movable property dispute will cause grief, probably for you. You have a legal avenue. It is called a civil action. With a court order the sheriff will go get the trailer.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Fireball2
don't go off half cocked getting physically involved with the "debtor"/thief/moroon. That's what the cops are for.

You couldn’t even spring the extra $5,000 for the cab on your (very)mini excavator?
Here’s to hoping you can move up to the big leagues one day.
On the bright side, ignorance is bliss so you’ll ALWAYS be happy!
#LMFAO

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Have you spoken with the person who took the trailer? Actual phone polite phone conversation? Just to see what's up?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You couldn’t even spring the extra $5,000 for the cab on your (very)mini excavator?
#LMFAO

What do you have that ties that trailer to you by VIN? If not VIN, by what language was the trailer conveyed to you in the sale?

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by duck911
The personal property on site was all owned by the original owner. There are quite a few debtors owed money for services rendered at a home he was building at another property. The bank foreclosed 4 months ago, I closed 40 days ago. The window of opportunity has closed for any claims.
Guy just wants to be a prick. Commonwealth’s attorney won’t reply to my attorneys requests for her to intervene after 15 days.

You bought a TRAILER at auction with a soap-opera background of debtors and misfits and fuggtards waiting in the wings for you.

Well done.

Reading comprehension mother [bleep]....get some.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Do you have the trailer titled? Report it stolen and let the cops know who took it. Tell them either they can retrieve it or you will.

If you go to do it you are 100% in the right and I would take go pro cameras mounted to your vehicle and at least one body cam as well to document. State your name loudly and your propose there repeatedly. You got this

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well, considering that is pretty much exactly the scenario that put OJ in jail.......

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

#LMFAO

What do you have that ties that trailer to you by VIN? If not VIN, by what language was the trailer conveyed to you in the sale?

Filed for right to auction through abandoned vehicle form at the DMV which hasn’t been disputed.
Bill of sale from bank conveying all interest they had in the real estate and private property contained there on, to the buyer (my LLC).
PO died 9 1/2 - 10 months ago with no heirs or will, property secured line of credit through a local bank who seized it (and 14 others) to secure the debt. Bank had “owned” the property for three months at time of auction and auctioneer announced no liens on vehicles. I’ve had it under contract with deposit since beginning of November at which time I blocked all but one entrance and clearly posted no trespassing signs. Closed on it four weeks ago. No one has judgement that has come forward and no liens on this particular property known of or brought forth.
Guy simply was owed money and took it upon himself to collect on my property.
Local LEO is sympathetic to him and sandbagging. My attorney has tried to contact Commonwealth Attorney who is apparently too busy to reply over a two week period.
My patience is exhausted. Talking to State Trooper this morning if I can find one. After that, options are exhausted and time for plan B.

If it’s let stand, word will get around and I’ll have a bigger mess than I will now.

I absolutely hate a thief and a liar. Lowest form of man there is other than a pedophile. If he had rights he should’ve came while I was there and exercised them. Sneaking in, in the night isn’t the way white men handle things.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

511 members (10Glocks, 1badf350, 06hunter59, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 66 invisible), 2,489 guests, and 1,183 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,698
Posts18,513,676
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.