Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
If you have a lawyer, that advice trumps the internet.
Law enforcement should treat it as civil sounds like a dispute over who owns what.
If you don’t have a legal claim to the trailer then you are not the victim. The deceased owners estate is the victim who could have authorized the claim be satisfied by trailer.
Lots of pitfalls in this story.

GB1

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
My friend had an excavator stolen from his mining claim 3 years ago, he turned it in to the sheriff's office, a year went by and the sheriff got a good description of the low- boy that snatched it. They found it 40 miles away behind a locked enclosure. The sheriff, verified the serial number, took a photo and gave the "evidence" to my friend, basically told him to go to the Calif Hwy Patrol.
We wondered, what the hell is the sheriff for? So, the hoops were jumped through, eventually the Highway Patrol issued a "release of property order" to be presented to the thief by the actual owner. Still no discussion of charges against the thief by the sheriff or CHP. WTF? So, me with the low-boy and my buddy well armed and with the piece of paper go to retrieve the excavator from the thief. Short version, voices are raised, thief not cooperative, we call CHP again asking for help to serve the "release of property" order, CHP says, "we don't do that, maybe get local city Police to stand by to keep the peace". JFC, this is nuts. By this time my buddy, another fat old 70 yr old, is pissed beyond common sense, and backs the thief down by informing him that he doesn't give a damn about the consequences, that excavator is leaving here now, today. Whatever it takes. And that my friends, is law enforcement in California.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jackmountain
If it’s let stand, word will get around and I’ll have a bigger mess than I will now.
I absolutely hate a thief and a liar. Lowest form of man there is other than a pedophile. If he had rights he should’ve came while I was there and exercised them. Sneaking in, in the night isn’t the way white men handle things.
Well, if you don't plan to do this with a court order, why don't you use his method? Sneak over while he is gone and bring it to your house. That way, when you kill him over a trailer you will have a fighting chance to stay out of prison. It will at least be on your place where you belong and not on his place.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KRAKMT

Law enforcement should treat it as civil

The fugk they should. The person who has the trailer trespassed on Jack's posted property and took it without permission. Further, the person who took it has no legal claim to it. Jack does. It's easy enough to connect the dots from the auction sale to the trailer. Someone would have to give a schidt though.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Well next time

Just do what you think is right privately. It is now PUBLIC. I do hope you get your stuff back.

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
It's a civil issue, deal with through the proper channels....or go make headlines....or the blotter.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by SBTCO
don't go off half cocked getting physically involved with the "debtor"/thief/moroon. That's what the cops are for.

You can do it Jack! You don't need to involve the police.

You couldn’t even spring the extra $5,000 for the cab on your (very)mini excavator?
Here’s to hoping you can move up to the big leagues one day.
On the bright side, ignorance is bliss so you’ll ALWAYS be happy!
#LMFAO

What do you have that ties that trailer to you by VIN? If not VIN, by what language was the trailer conveyed to you in the sale?

Filed for right to auction through abandoned vehicle form at the DMV which hasn’t been disputed.
Bill of sale from bank conveying all interest they had in the real estate and private property contained there on, to the buyer (my LLC).
PO died 9 1/2 - 10 months ago with no heirs or will, property secured line of credit through a local bank who seized it (and 14 others) to secure the debt. Bank had “owned” the property for three months at time of auction and auctioneer announced no liens on vehicles. I’ve had it under contract with deposit since beginning of November at which time I blocked all but one entrance and clearly posted no trespassing signs. Closed on it four weeks ago. No one has judgement that has come forward and no liens on this particular property known of or brought forth.
Guy simply was owed money and took it upon himself to collect on my property.
Local LEO is sympathetic to him and sandbagging. My attorney has tried to contact Commonwealth Attorney who is apparently too busy to reply over a two week period.
My patience is exhausted. Talking to State Trooper this morning if I can find one. After that, options are exhausted and time for plan B.

If it’s let stand, word will get around and I’ll have a bigger mess than I will now.

I absolutely hate a thief and a liar. Lowest form of man there is other than a pedophile. If he had rights he should’ve came while I was there and exercised them. Sneaking in, in the night isn’t the way white men handle things.

Misunderstood previously.

It is a civil matter, but if you do proceed... IMHO haul the trailer back to where it was stolen from and lock it down and remove the tires... even pull a hub.

Tell the thief to proceed thru the courts.

But my guess is the trailer will be locked down on his property and the actual retrieval will not be possible.

--------------

In about 1985 I live in Rockingham County. Had a Jeep CJ7 at the time. Soft top, thieves kept breaking into it and stealing my car stereo.

I bought a new car stereo and removed the outer shell and braised a 5/16 chain to the thin metal. Reassembled and installed. I bolted it to the firewall with a u bolt. I also took silicon and straight razors and glued them to the side of the medal.

Couple of days later I got in the Jeep in the stereo was no longer in the dashboard.

Looking down I could see it hanging by its chain on the passenger floorboard. There was a footprint on the glove compartment and there was plenty of DNA on the passenger side floor mat.

I'm sure I'd be charged with felony attempted murder now, but back then it was a pretty sweet revenge.

Good luck to you, however you proceed.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K

The fugk they should. The person who has the trailer trespassed on Jack's posted property and took it ack- he has no legal claim to it.without permission. Further, the person who took it has no legal claim to it. Jack does. It's easy enough to connect the dots from the auction sale to the trailer. Someone would have to give a schidt though.

What is Jacks legal claim?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

The fugk they should. The person who has the trailer trespassed on Jack's posted property and took it ack- he has no legal claim to it.without permission. Further, the person who took it has no legal claim to it. Jack does. It's easy enough to connect the dots from the auction sale to the trailer. Someone would have to give a schidt though.

What is Jacks legal claim?

He spelled that out earlier. What's the legal claim of the person who now has it? The guy who owned it prior to Jack owed the person who now has it some money? I don't think the law works that way.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lock on the hitch goes a long way to prevent trailer theft!

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sounds to me like he and the sheriff are friends, Sheriff needs to do his job friends or not.

There comes a time when you have to take justice yourself, it sounds like this is one of those times. I'd lay low let him get comfortable and strike when he's at ease. all you have to do is get the trailer back to your property as you have links to ownership he does not.

Jack, this situation requires tact not brawn.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Jack said he had bill of sale from bank for personal property.
That is buried in a bunch of ftard posts.
With bill of sale get title.
With title in Jacks name, law enforcement might care enough to go talk with thief. Who will then move it to some un locatable place.
If jack retrieves it in a covert operation and it goes smooth- law enforcement might worse case give two trespass tickets.

If it turns into a shiet show, then it will all come down to who the officer or prosecutor liked.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Local LEO is sympathetic to him and sandbagging.

If the local LEO being sympathetic to the other guy is not a red flag that you would be viewed as a bad guy if you attempted self-help, I don't know what is.

My attorney has tried to contact Commonwealth Attorney who is apparently too busy to reply over a two week period

You have a lawyer, what does s/he say about your rights?

I don't know anything about the law in your area, but it sounds like the other guy trespassed or maybe even committed a burglary. The police should take a report regardless of how they want to classify it.

The other thing I don't know is whether you have a castle doctrine or stand-your-ground law in your state on top of general self-defense law. That could come into play here if someone were to go on someone else's property without consent.

Don't let frustration cloud your judgment.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by SBTCO
don't go off half cocked getting physically involved with the "debtor"/thief/moroon. That's what the cops are for.

You can do it Jack! You don't need to involve the police.

You couldn’t even spring the extra $5,000 for the cab on your (very)mini excavator?
Here’s to hoping you can move up to the big leagues one day.
On the bright side, ignorance is bliss so you’ll ALWAYS be happy!
#LMFAO

What do you have that ties that trailer to you by VIN? If not VIN, by what language was the trailer conveyed to you in the sale?

Filed for right to auction through abandoned vehicle form at the DMV which hasn’t been disputed.
Bill of sale from bank conveying all interest they had in the real estate and private property contained there on, to the buyer (my LLC).
PO died 9 1/2 - 10 months ago with no heirs or will, property secured line of credit through a local bank who seized it (and 14 others) to secure the debt. Bank had “owned” the property for three months at time of auction and auctioneer announced no liens on vehicles. I’ve had it under contract with deposit since beginning of November at which time I blocked all but one entrance and clearly posted no trespassing signs. Closed on it four weeks ago. No one has judgement that has come forward and no liens on this particular property known of or brought forth.
Guy simply was owed money and took it upon himself to collect on my property.
Local LEO is sympathetic to him and sandbagging. My attorney has tried to contact Commonwealth Attorney who is apparently too busy to reply over a two week period.
My patience is exhausted. Talking to State Trooper this morning if I can find one. After that, options are exhausted and time for plan B.

You need to borrow some bolt cutters, bro?

Fugk those azzholes and fugk the cops.

Been there, done that with the whole band of idiots here in the south of south.

Justice is usually what you get for yourself in these situations, has been my experience.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Knew a guy who’s house was robbed. Police did basically nothing after he filed the report. Some of his property that was taken was very recognizable one of a kind custom type stuff.

After weeks of scouring pawn shops with some success he answered a paper ad for the bull of what he was still missing. Sure enough the guy had his stuff. He said he’d take it but had to hit the ATM to get some more money and he’d be back in a few. Down the street he called the cops and told them to come and get. They told him they really didn’t have the time and he’d be better off to just pay the guy if he wanted his stuff back. He hung up and called 911, told the dispatch he was about to shoot a guy who’d stolen his goods with a shotgun if the cops didn’t get there quick. Miraculously they came in less than 5 minutes.

Probably a bad plan but they did return his stuff even though they didn’t do anything to the thief.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
? Do you have dependents? Do you have life insurance?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Jack gonna jack that trailer

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just go in *Black Face* and take whatever you want from the thief.

This has been working in every Democratic city.

😎🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by johnw
lessee here
Trespass, and attack the property owner.
We'll all wanna hear how that works out...

Tune in tomorrow.
I bought a property at foreclosure and the previous owner owed debts. A debtor decided he should enter my newly acquired property and take property to satisfy his debt.
I’m not looking to attack anyone, but I will be taking home what’s rightfully and legally mine. Hopefully he see the error of his ways and stands down.

That’s theft. His debt is owed by the person you bought the property from, unless he had a properly filed lien against the property. Which case he could get the sheriff to help him collect.

Call the popo and report the theft.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
This kind of behavior got OJ Simpson locked up in a Nevada prison for 9 years.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

515 members (1badf350, 06hunter59, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 1_deuce, 68 invisible), 2,462 guests, and 1,165 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,698
Posts18,513,676
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.