Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

Be careful and don’t do anything that you’ll regret. Good luck.

No offense to my friend, but this is really bad advice.

LOL

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
The personal property on site was all owned by the original owner. There are quite a few debtors owed money for services rendered at a home he was building at another property. The bank foreclosed 4 months ago, I closed 40 days ago. The window of opportunity has closed for any claims.
Guy just wants to be a prick. Commonwealth’s attorney won’t reply to my attorneys requests for her to intervene after 15 days.

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

Be careful and don’t do anything that you’ll regret. Good luck.

No offense to my friend, but this is really bad advice.

You have no friends. Everyone knows what a chunt you are.

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Fireballz, post up a pic of the “final phase of the development” you’re working on. I need a good laugh tonight. Never seen anyone “develop” a parcel with a 8,000 lb baby excavator.
Get two Mexicans, a shovel and a wheelbarrow and they’ll work circles around you and your Tonka toy.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by readonly
You bought foreclosed real estate? And the debtor seized personal property from the real estate that was left there from before foreclosure? Did he have a secured interest in the personal property? Is there any mechanism for title to personal property to pass through foreclosure? Are you sure you have free an clear title to what was seized?

I have clear title to the real estate and a bill of sale from the bank conveying their interest in the personal property on site.
The thief has no judgement or lien on the property he took.
The property is a trailer that’s titled to the original property owner (now deceased with no heirs).

The thief is owed money for services rendered on a separate property.

The trailer’s coming home tomorrow.

Without knowing all the exact details...

Without a Court Order stating he is the lawful owner of the trailer in question AND has a Order from the Court to retrieve said trailer it sure seems to me he would be in violation of trespass on YOUR REAL PROPERTY.

Post the property entrance ASAP.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
As for ballz... he's a coward and an idiot.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by CashisKing
As for ballz... he's a coward and an idiot.

But he'll still try and make this honest post about how him... and how he is a victim.

...he is always itching for a cyber-fight from his she shed.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
The personal property on site was all owned by the original owner. There are quite a few debtors owed money for services rendered at a home he was building at another property. The bank foreclosed 4 months ago, I closed 40 days ago. The window of opportunity has closed for any claims.
Guy just wants to be a prick. Commonwealth’s attorney won’t reply to my attorneys requests for her to intervene after 15 days.

You bought a TRAILER at auction with a soap-opera background of debtors and misfits and fuggtards waiting in the wings for you.

Well done.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I’ve kinda sorta wondered about something similar to this before. My state doesn’t require or acknowledge titles for trailers, no tags either. Build all you want and run them up and down the road, who gives a schit if you know how to weld or not, load them up and hammer down.

I always wondered what would happen if one got stolen and how you prove it’s yours. I make sure and keep mine brush painted with some baby schit colored leftover paint mixture so as to be identifiable.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Simple plan...Get a Black Lives Matters t-shirt, a Little League aluminum baseball bat and beat this ass-hole into the pavement.

Not on his property of course, but on a public street, or road.

😎🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Also related note, kinda. I bought the dump next door at the tax auction last year and I’m fixing to demo it for a parking/ garden area but basically just to not have a falling down pile of crap next door.

Couple weeks ago I came home after dark and I hear some rustling around in the shed that partially burned once when a meth lab blew up. I take my light and 38 back there and some mofo has a sheet of plywood over one window and a rug tacked over another and he’s in there setting up shop. I grabbed a piece of steel out of my iron pile and hucked it through the window then hid outside in the dark.

Pretty sure that dude pissed himself when he walked out and I lit him up with the light and asked what the fook he thought he was doing in there. MF set a land speed record when he took off running across the yard. Chased him in the truck for a block or two but he gave me the slip.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Jack , I completely agree with you and would go with you to retrieve the stolen trailer tomorrow .

How well do you know the sheriff ? We going to get that trailer .

In a real similar situation a judge said he completely agreed with me but , " why didn't you call the sheriff first " .

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
In my experience, courts take an exceedingly dim view of someone taking matters into their own hands. Trespassing and seizing property you believe is yours is an invitation to a bushel of legal problems.

Be not weary in well doing.
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Self help in this case sounds like a really bad idea. It will cost much more for a lawyer to get the OP out of trouble than to engage one for a lawful process.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by johnw
lessee here
Trespass, and attack the property owner.
We'll all wanna hear how that works out...

Tune in tomorrow.
I bought a property at foreclosure and the previous owner owed debts. A debtor decided he should enter my newly acquired property and take property to satisfy his debt.
I’m not looking to attack anyone, but I will be taking home what’s rightfully and legally mine. Hopefully he see the error of his ways and stands down.

I'm sure you already know this, but, If there is a lien on the property it is your responsibility to know that and what it is for ie. any property that could be used as payment to said lien holder.
If there is no lien then the property is yours, assuming the transaction met legal standards etc. but you still need to get law enforcement involved and don't go off half cocked getting physically involved with the "debtor"/thief/moroon. That's what the cops are for.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
He's already attempted the "lawful process" route and it seems the Commonwealth's atty is not doing him any favors.

jack,

good luck with it all. Sounds like a real scheidtshow.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by denton
In my experience, courts take an exceedingly dim view of someone taking matters into their own hands. Trespassing and seizing property you believe is yours is an invitation to a bushel of legal problems.

Incorrect.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
Self help in this case sounds like a really bad idea. It will cost much more for a lawyer to get the OP out of trouble than to engage one for a lawful process.

For jack, it's a good idea. He's got money to throw away getting equipment stuck in the mud, he can handle lawyers fees.

LOL
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I don't see the Commonwealth Attorney advising anybody other than law enforcement for something like this. You can bring a suit for dentinue in general district court and get it back....if he has no legal claim it should be straight forward and pretty easy. Meanwhile if he has no legal claim the sheriff ought to be able to help you bring a charge for larceny and entering property to interfere with property rights. If the trailer is worth less than $1000 you can go straight to the magistrate and swear out misdemeanors yourself. If the sheriff is saying he won't get involved because it's civil, that means the other guy has articulated or documented a legal claim that has convinced him to stay out, and will be a bad look for you to go around law enforcement on a self help mission.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Simple plan...Get a Black Lives Matters t-shirt, a Little League aluminum baseball bat and beat this ass-hole into the pavement.

Not on his property of course, but on a public street, or road.

😎🦫

Finally, the voice of reason!

LOL
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 54 invisible), 2,078 guests, and 1,272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,042
Posts18,482,067
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.