Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
Originally Posted by vabeachman
Understood. I am glad I am getting the vaccine. Reduces my chances even further from contacting and/ or dying from Covid. Not a bad thing.

Are you aware of statistics that aren't being published by the CDC?

There was a statistically significant reduction in infection rates of the vaccine group when compared to the control group. Granted, there's no way to control for random exposure, but 5-6 infections in the group that got the vaccine compared to 40-something (iirc, I don't have the trials in front of me, but we went over them at work) infections in the control group is promising.

That said, we are looking at a small sample size in a VERY compressed timeline.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
frantic, frightened sheep not knowing what to do, or where to go for safety.

Sam......

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
My wife and I might have had it right after the first shelter-at-home, wear a t-shirt-over-your-face orders were issued. I never went to the doctor or bothered with a follow-up visit to a doctor. We were not very sick at the time.

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
some folks who value only their earthly existence are terrified some virus will come along and take it away

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

V
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
V
No frighten or scared. Worked in close contact with many Covid patients. Never missed a day. Never refused an assignment. I am ex navy 8404. 20 years active. If I can improve my chances of not getting sick I will take it.

IC B2

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
No frighten or scared. Worked in close contact with many Covid patients. Never missed a day. Never refused an assignment. I am ex navy 8404. 20 years active. If I can improve my chances of not getting sick I will take it.

Apparently not, since you were working around them.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
If a person is under 70 and has no comorbidity issues the COVID mortality rate is very, very low...on par with the common cold or influenza.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It were printed on the net it just hasta be true

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wifey’s an RN. She’s working the Emergency Room 3 or 4 nights every week, she tells me she’s probably exposed 3 or 4 times every night.
She’s also had pneumonia twice, so if she gets it, it may well be the end. I pray to God for her safety and protection.
Regardless, she’s not planning on getting the vaccine. She says that it contains ingredients harvested from aborted fetuses, which we both find abortion disgusting.
I can’t say. I ain’t done my homework on this. It’s hunting season and I work for a living.
I’m not here to fault anybody for locking themselves up or wearing a mask or getting a vaccine. If you’re worried about the virus, by all means protect yourself. Do whatever you think is gonna help you.
But don’t let your fear get you thinking that my personal liberty has to be sacrificed for your piece of mind. I believe the government needs to be reminded that the purpose of government is to serve the people, not to subjugate them.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
Yeah, not so much government, but western scientists involved with government.
But it boils down to the same damn thing, which is this, in a nutshell.
Government bombards the population with all kinds of threats to life and civilization.
(Climate change, rising seas, global pandemics, and pretty soon gun violence) what’d I miss?
The same government offers itself as the salvation from these same problems.
All that’s required of me is give up some more of my freedom and some more of my money.
Is anybody else starting to detect a pattern here? eek
7mm

Yes indeed. Albert Jay Nock had it figured out in 1935.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by goalie
I get my second shot of the Pfizer covid 19 vaccine on 1-8. I had Covid patient yesterday and was wishing I already was given the second shot. Dying of any flu is not pretty and not an easy way to go. I have seen too much of it.

Little off topic, but, a little advice: look daily at your hospital's covid page. Look at the number of cases. Number recovered. Number NOT needing hospital care, let alone ICU.

I track that [bleep] daily, because if I don't, I forget that I'm seeing the small, unlucky percentage, and I forget that the vast, vast majority of our patients don't even get admitted to the hospital. I start thinking the 50+% death rate of vented covid-19 patients is the norm, when it's far from it.

We get covid-19 emails daily, and it's helped me a lot to look at the data so everything stays in context.

Covid-19 is like getting a Whipple done. Most go great, but if you're in the ICU and only seeing the ones that go bad, well, they go really, REALLY bad......

I had a friend undergo a Whipple and according to the docs it went well. I checked in on him several times in the hospital and even if it went well it looked like absolute hell. 12 yrs later he is still alive, it was some kind of pancreatic cancer. He was given 6 months if he didn't let them do it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by broomd
Originally Posted by lippygoathead
Good grin --- less in line before me. If taking this vaccine lets me go back and take my wife out of the nursing home for our daily 1 hour long car ride like we use too, then I will try to be at the head of the line..... smile

Yup. It sounds like you are in a group that should get it ASAP.

grin

Take it, Goathead and enjoy your life with your wife. Some things are far more important than the emoji'd opinion of keyboard cowboys at this forum.
I may or may not take it, wife took it Wednesday as an assisted-living health care worker.

I do believe the zombie juice would have kept us from losing a very dear friend in October, but he's history now, just ask his wife.

I was being sincere.

If taking it allows you to see your wife I wouldn't understand NOT taking it. I would have been knocking co-workers over to get ahead in the line if it meant the difference between time with my wife or her sitting alone in a home.

I apologize if my smiley was taken as me being a dick. I literally meant the "happy" part, not haha.

Fair enough, my bad.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I've known a few people who have had COVID. The latest was a woman friend in her mid 40s. She tested positive and started getting ill but her Doctor told her to stay home unless it started affecting her breathing. She said she felt fairly bad but never felt so bad that she needed to go to the hospital.

Another is a man about 40. He said it affected his ability to taste and smell, but he never felt particularly sick,..said he had a runny nose for a few days.

I had it. I'm 52 and kind of fat, it wasn't any big deal for me, pretty much a mild cold.

I've also know about 20 others that have had it. Most of them were pretty mild like mine. A couple kind of had a rough time but recovered fine. Three died, the last one a couple of days ago. He was about 75 and pretty heavy set, his funeral is tomorrow. The other two were younger, one guy was 52-53 and in good shape, the other was a 38 year old woman with four kids and no prior health problems at all.

You pay your money and takes your chances.

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by MichieD

Apparently not, since you were working around them.

are you a new troll or a retread, guessing the latter

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Everyone makes their choices, and if I had any risk factors I would take it the second I could. But I'm just abcout the poster boy for low risk, no bad lifestyle habits, healthy weight, etc, etc. If it were actually possible to visit my mother in the old country, I would probably seriously consider it to reduce her risk -- but trying to get into (and back out of) Europe right now is a joke. So, I'll just sit here and wait and watch, take my Vit. C, D, Zinc, exercise, get a lot of sleep, and go on with life as much as the Gov Goobs will let me.....

Sic Semper Tyrannis
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
...But don’t let your fear get you thinking that my personal liberty has to be sacrificed for your piece of mind...

Yes sir...absofuckinglutely.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
The Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) utilized to move the COVID vaccines forward, was necessary because the usual and customary vaccine prep time is years, not months.

Desperate times call for desperate measures, or so it's said. And, they may be right.

Now, they need time and a large cohort (test population) to fine tune their hypotheses. So, who do you think becomes the cohort? Yeah...

Over time, we'll know how well or even if this experiment worked. So, the usual years to develop a vaccine still holds, exept these new roll outs will be ultimately tested on us.

DF

Edited to add, almost forgot about the billions big pharma raked in over this past year. They gotta be licking their chops....

Last edited by Dirtfarmer; 01/01/21.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I'm fine with that as long as the vaccinations remain voluntary only with no penalties for opting out of being a beta-tester.

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
If a person is under 70 and has no comorbidity issues the COVID mortality rate is very, very low...on par with the common cold or influenza.

Thanks for enlightening me there Dr Magnum. Oddly enough though, I personally know of 2 under 70 that have died. Neither had other health issues. Another friends father is in the hospital now on a ventilator and not doing well at all. Have had 2 co-workers hospitalized, one in his mid 40's, other mid 50's. Thats 5 people that I personally know that have died or been seriously ill in just the past few months. I don't know anyone ever being hospitalized or dying from the common cold or the flu.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by broomd

Fair enough, my bad.

No, you were fine. I read your post, re-read mine, and, yeah, I came across like a douche.

I'm kinda glad you said something so I could clarify.

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (1minute, 204guy, 10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 1Longbow, 65 invisible), 2,275 guests, and 1,323 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,692
Posts18,494,126
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.