Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ChrisF
Eberlestock packs are made in Vietnam

I didn't know that. Completely built there or just parts are? They're owned by an Idaho company but maybe they're just designed and sold there.

That said I seriously doubt a guy could find any pack that isn't at least partly made somewhere outside of the US....the buckles, stitching thread, main fabric layers and maybe even the zippers are oftentimes coming from somewhere else like Brazil, Thailand or wherever else from what I have been told. Many pack brands are just sewn together and assembled here.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Judman
Also love this mystery ranch scapegoat too
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]m middle names

It's very hard to take anybody serious that hunts with a purple rifle!!

Do they make that pack in a pink camo?🤣🤣🤣

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 12/31/20.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Haha the people I run into are like wtf??? Haha

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Kifaru shape charge looks like it may be the ticket.

Folks like it on rokslide.

Not sure i like it enough to pay $350 or so.

Kifaru have sales?

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They sometimes have 10% off sales on particular holidays, but that's about it. Put a WTB add in the classifieds. You might get a bite.

The Shapecharge doesn't have many pockets though. 2 on top, plus the main compartment. They do that to keep the number of zippers low, so there's less to break and also to minimize the number of stitch holes. If you want lots of pockets, you'll need to add belt pouches or other pocket accessories.

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
If you keep an eye on the classifieds on rokslide you will catch a good deal on a quality pack that will do what you need. There is an eberlestock on here for sale right now.

Last edited by Bperdue21; 12/31/20.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by turkish
Has anyone figured out how to shoulder a rifle with a backpack on? I have not. In the whitetail woods of the SE, this is a concern.

I do it the same way as I do it without a backpack on. Maybe I'm doing it wrong both ways so I don't realize I'm doing it wrong.....

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by T_Inman
They sometimes have 10% off sales on particular holidays, but that's about it. Put a WTB add in the classifieds. You might get a bite.

The Shapecharge doesn't have many pockets though. 2 on top, plus the main compartment. They do that to keep the number of zippers low, so there's less to break and also to minimize the number of stitch holes. If you want lots of pockets, you'll need to add belt pouches or other pocket accessories.

Thanks.

Was going by a review I’d seen. Saying it may be the ideal day pack. Between the shape charge and and the antero that huntsman22 mentioned.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Originally Posted by turkish
Has anyone figured out how to shoulder a rifle with a backpack on? I have not. In the whitetail woods of the SE, this is a concern.

I do it the same way as I do it without a backpack on. Maybe I'm doing it wrong both ways so I don't realize I'm doing it wrong.....

Ditto.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Originally Posted by T_Inman

Thanks.

Was going by a review I’d seen. Saying it may be the ideal day pack. Between the shape charge and and the antero that huntsman22 mentioned.

Black Ovis carries Kifaru and they sometimes offer 1-time discounts to new customers or have sales. Kifaru stuff isn't typically marked down much.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
i'll check out Black ovis,

thanks

Dave

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Milsurp ILBE if bulky loads or critter pack-outs are the order of the day. Critter here is a black bear, two trips required for meat/hide and one for gear because I had packed in a tree stand:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I can put two full 5-gallon buckets in this pack (for reference). US made and stronger than it needs to be. MOLLE built for young, strong soldiers that don't complain about how heavy the bare pack is smile

If a lighter pack is needed with less gear or lower chance of critter pack-out, a 45L Kelty internal frame that came from Goodwill. It's perfectly good and I have run it for years. For elk hunting, I wear the little pack knowing that I can get a meat load back and pick up the larger pack for the return trip.

For fishing with chest waders or hiking when a holster is needed, minimal gear, Badlands Monster day pack.

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by noKnees
[quote=turkish]Has anyone figured out how to shoulder a rifle with a backpack on? I have not. In the whitetail woods of the SE, this is a concern. [/quote

Sling pack

Yeah, sew a big button (or use a small bolt/nut and remove later) or a small drawer pull on the shoulder strap so the sling won't slide off. Or hold the sling on with your hand.

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Judman
Fuuck is anything made in America anymore?? 😂😂

Yes, mil surp.

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
I'll second Eberlestock! Not made here but tge 2 I own are great! I have an X1E that I use for deer hunting. I'm spoiled having a pack with a gun scabbard, makes raising and lowering your gun from your stand so easy! I also like having the gun in the scabbard on the walk in in the dark, dont have to worry about banging it or falling on it. One thing I've noticed is some of the manufacturers are getting away from having tie down straps on the outside of the pack. That would make a pack useless to me as one of the things I do is strap my extra layers to it for the walk in. Good luck with your search!

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
After season, when folks start to dump gear, I’ll look for a used shape charge.

It’s seems to be real close to what I’m looking for.

I think it’s similar to the Antero huntsman recommended above, but with an extra pocket or 2.

Dave

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

522 members (163bc, 007FJ, 1234, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 48 invisible), 1,790 guests, and 1,137 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,106
Posts18,522,486
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.