Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Originally Posted by deflave
My wife is always amazed by me.

Haha, what's a wife?

dogcatcher,

You were gone for a while. Good to have you back buddy.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Work on most anything, finished our basement. But I don't mess with carpet, no profit margin in getting the tools to do it versus hiring it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've had success fixing gummed up fugged up carburetors and some failures. Either way my wife is prone to leave the house if I'm working on one cause the chances of profanity and tools flying is high

goalie Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Salty303
I've had success fixing gummed up fugged up carburetors and some failures. Either way my wife is prone to leave the house if I'm working on one cause the chances of profanity and tools flying is high

Thankfully, I've got a shop. With the shop radio on, nobody in the house is hearing any of the swearing.

grin

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
I was watching some Yankee movie last month, the young gal was dating some guy and talking about marriage. The mom said to the dollie, "Well, is he handy? Can he change a light bulb?"

I built the custom log cabin that I live in, and, trust me, custom log work is three times harder than frame, and takes three times longer, and I did all the wiring myself.
Wiring a log cabin is a bitch and most licensed electricians won't touch it with a ten foot pole.

So, yes, I guess I am "handy."

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I describe my lovely wife's mechanical abilities as being able to "cross thread a light bulb"

but I admit if it doesn't have a heart and lungs, I'm not real sure how a lot of stuff works...

Always drink upstream from the herd...cowdoc...
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
goalie Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by HitnRun

Seriously, how much Windsor Canadian do you think the Red Green Show writers drank while coming up with stuff for the handyman segment of the show?!?!??

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
My wife is always amazed by me.

Haha, what's a wife?

dogcatcher,

You were gone for a while. Good to have you back buddy.

Ha. This site became unusable on my phone, so I just kind of lost interest. Then joined some Facebook groups and they're pretty active.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by hanco
Wifey likes me cause I fix things, make her laugh, and take her dancing!

My wife likes me because every day after work I show her a good time...I stay on my side of the house and leave her alone.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
IC B3

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
You guys should really try life sans wife. I have a reloading bench in my living room and leave the toilet seats up.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
You guys should really try life sans wife. I have a reloading bench in my living room and leave the toilet seats up.

No thank you, I actually like my wife.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
goalie Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Ha. This site became unusable on my phone, so I just kind of lost interest. Then joined some Facebook groups and they're pretty active.

Adblock plus browser on my phone got me back on the fire.

I'm not on Facebook though.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Mine came from a no fix family.
Dad a chef and grandpa a judge.
So when we got married and i brought a rolled Jeep home on a flatbed she went ballistic.

Out of sight in detached garage i eventually got it road worthy.

Automotive, remodel, electronics and fine pitch jewelry and eyeglass repair....sure do miss my old lab job.....was pretty handy on gov jobs ( microscopes, soldering tools etc ).

Gun and archery projects on the kitchen island dont phase her. Still bitches about Gunkote in the oven though.

Last edited by hookeye; 01/04/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by goalie
Originally Posted by HitnRun

Seriously, how much Windsor Canadian do you think the Red Green Show writers drank while coming up with stuff for the handyman segment of the show?!?!??

goalie;
Top of the morning to you sir, I hope that the day's breaking bright and clear for you folks out east and that all in your family are well.

Thanks for the thread and the chuckles and nods that it's caused, I very much appreciate it.

Honestly there's been a few times in my life after I've introduced coworkers to my good wife where they've suggested this very topic - that is to say I must either be extremely useful around the place or one smooth talker - since I'm not much of a physical specimen to gaze upon..... laugh

Steve Smith - Red Green - used to have a TV show with his wife Morag called Smith & Smith and I want to say Red Green was a character that arose there and just kept morphing into a life of it's own. It was a parody of the outdoors show "The Red Fisher Show" and both Smith and John Candy used to do some really funny skits based on that. Of course if you weren't a Canuck and had never heard of Red Fisher - well it was less humorous I'm sure.

Anyways, here's an interview of Steve Smith talking about his last tour - just watch to the 45 second mark folks - I believe most on the forum will find it a bit ironic if nothing else.

Thanks once again sir and all the best to you and yours in 2021.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

goalie Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Dwayne,

I've got the whole red green collection.

I guess I'm close enough to the border that I find it funny and I crave Tim Hortons coffee. wink

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by JSTUART

No thank you, I actually like my wife.

I do too, she would wait on me hand and foot if I’d let her.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
goalie;
Thanks for the reply sir.

Well if you crave a Timmy's double double then you're indeed close to the medicine line! laugh

For sure and certain some of the Red Green stuff might be a tad "regional" shall we say or perhaps more Canadian than some humor that translates across borders better, I'm not sure since I am one, you know?

The girls gave me one of his books one year for Christmas and it's good for a laugh as well.

Thanks again for the thread, the reply and for carrying on the manly tradition of being able to fix stuff that needs it sir! cool

All the best once again.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Man skill 101 is lost on ALOT of american men....

From how to fix a flat to how to fugg the schitt outta your ole lady.

I blame lifetime christmas movies for the downfall of the Alpha male and the rise of the beta boy.........

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Originally Posted by MichieD
Originally Posted by k20350
My wife is a wrecking ball. She could bend a battleship I swear to god. I've never seen a person so talented at breaking things. I say that line to her every time I fix something she's broken. She got me a sign for my shop this year for christmas that said "We Break it, Dad fixes it" haha

I think we're married to the same woman. I swear, over half of the stuff I have to fix is from what she has broken. She's beginning to learn my mantra of "Don't force it"

There were three evil sisters from that family..I got the other one. Mine has twisted off the door key to the travel trailer so many times, that I have filed a shear line on it so you can pluck out the stub easy. Two, count 'em, glass doors to the woodstove. Three, count 'em, tips to expensive deep sea poles. Pockmarks on almost every window of the shack from her weedeater and rocks. And modifications to her Hoover that would make an Abrams tank a much sturdier piece of hardware. But wait, I carry a beater milsurp 6.5 Mannlicher for a pickup gun, the Weaver (steel tube) 2.5x has a suspicious dent on the objective bell, it suspiciously matches the height of the door sill of said pickup. She knows "nothing of this whatsoever, so help me God." It is a full time job following her around with epoxy, solder, Lincoln welder, duct tape, baling wire and basic tool kit.

LMAO.

Fuggen hilarious. smile

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (10Glocks, 22250rem, 160user, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 69 invisible), 2,485 guests, and 1,296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,477
Posts18,489,976
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.