Dude, where are you hunting?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Nope, but have leaned upon a tree to take care of business, beneath someone else's tree stand! grin memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Wtf is the matter with you people

GOD Bless America
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So it's come to this?

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
Ya' know, there are some things I just really don't need to know about.

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Knowing about it and seeing the photographic evidence are two entirely different things.

Last edited by High_Noon; 01/05/21.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by kingston
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Fuggin A !!!!

😂😂😂

That's a mudslide......it wasn't waiting.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No, I have not. However, there was quite a thread going on the Deer and Deer Hunting Forum about this topic a number of years ago. There was a fellow on there who'd picked up a bug in the jungle in Nam and was asking for advice on how to accomplish the task. Yikes! That was a ride.

While I have not performed this feat, I did want to mention that one of the surest ways I've had for seeing deer over the years is dropping a deuce in the woods. It's happened more times than I can enumerate. I have previously speculated on this august forum that I believe they are curious about how we do it-- kind of like your 3-yr-old following you into the bathroom.

While we are on the subject, I wanted to relate an embarrassing experience. I was bow hunting in one of my stands years ago, and started to get the call. I have an outhouse built on the back of the property for this very eventuality. It sits at the back of the family campground and near this stand location. I was fond of making a mid-morning visit in those days.

The problem was that it was such a promising morning, I waited a few minutes too long. All of a sudden, I realized things were not going to go as planned. I hurriedly got my gear down from the stand, descended the ladder, and attempted to climb up the hill towards the outhouse. A few steps brought me to the realization that I was well past that eventuality.

I won't bore you with the details, but it ended up with me having to call back to the house and have KYHillChick bring a couple bath towels and some garbage bags out to the stand. Befrore y'all ask, no I did not stop for pictures.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Got to my piece of property one morning to bow hunt. Got out of truck, had to take a dump so dropped my coveralls an let it out right there. Pulled up coveralls, thrower my lock on on my back, down thru the woods I go in complete darkness. Well, get to my tree and up those tree steps I go with stand on my back, strap it on tree, sit down ...still dark. After few minutes, I begin to smell something....you for it.....took flash light begin searching for the source of my strange odor. Well, couldn't find anything with that liile light, so back down tree I go. Got on ground and begin to drop those coverall and there or was....my suspenders full of a big ole crap...and I mean full! Well gathered things up...went home....walked in....wife says " You home early...must not had any luck" Yea, no luck at all today...maby tomorrow. True story and told it years later at a Christmas party and my brother still laughiny.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
This thread reminds me of the dump I took behind my work last year in the grass. Few days later I go to weed trim that area with my Stihl and ended splattering myself with my own sh*t.

Freagin dumbass I felt of myself.

Last edited by slg888; 01/05/21.
IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

312 members (16penny, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 1eyedmule, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 40 invisible), 2,463 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,492
Posts18,472,035
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.