Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by goalie
Dwayne,

I've got the whole red green collection.

I guess I'm close enough to the border that I find it funny and I crave Tim Hortons coffee. wink

Red Green is like the Canadian Patrick McManus. And yes, big thumbs up for TH coffee, it's stocked here in the grocery stores less than 200Mi S of the 49th.....

Edited to add, when new carbs became less than 2x the cost of a carb kit, carb kits became far less desirable. I can have a replacement carb on before someone can get a dirty carb off and apart, let alone clean, back together, and back on.........

Last edited by horse1; 01/04/21.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Steve Smith signed this for me.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
goalie Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Steve Smith signed this for me.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Niiiiiiiice

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by horse1
Dwayne,

I've got the whole red green collection.

I guess I'm close enough to the border that I find it funny and I crave Tim Hortons coffee. wink

Red Green is like the Canadian Patrick McManus. And yes, big thumbs up for TH coffee, it's stocked here in the grocery stores less than 200Mi S of the 49th.....

Edited to add, when new carbs became less than 2x the cost of a carb kit, carb kits became far less desirable. I can have a replacement carb on before someone can get a dirty carb off and apart, let alone clean, back together, and back on.........

horse1;
Good morning to you sir, I trust the day's looking at least okay for you folks and all is as close to as it should be as possible in your part of the world.

Thanks for the info on Tim's coffee being sold in grocery stores down south. I want to say that Tim's is now owned by a Brazilian conglomerate that owns or used to own Burger King and Wendy's so it makes sense they're trying to broaden the market and all that.

My goodness I hear you on carb kits and new carbs. My young boss at the last place I worked prior to attempting retiring had a Stihl weed whacker that just wouldn't run right. The local saw shop said it wasn't worth their time to even look at it because they'd have to use factory Stihl parts, etc., etc. Even though they'd sold it to him less than 2 years prior.

Anyways, I said to him, "Let's let Grandpa take it home and take a quick look at it..."

Went online and for $20CDN had a carb, spark plug, fuel filter, fuel line, two primer bulbs and gaskets sent here - from Hong Kong of course. Oh, the cheapest carb kit I could find online was about $35CDN without import duties and freight. While I'm loathe to support the Chinese communists in any way, I wanted to do a favor for a friend who had a limited budget.

As you said, I had the new carb on in 10 minutes and it runs fine now.

All the best to you in 2021 sir and thanks again.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Fixing a Carb today is becoming a lost art. Hard to find a good carb guy(and most are elderly) and buying a new one is much easier

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Handsome or handy? I am out on both counts, but I'll wreck some plumbing.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
i got wife a new car and she does not deer hunt but wife got a big doe right before deer season with the new car , yep she found my checkbook handy again

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
goalie Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 7mmStwer
Fixing a Carb today is becoming a lost art. Hard to find a good carb guy(and most are elderly) and buying a new one is much easier

All I did was take off the bowl (it was remarkably clean) and spray carb cleaner a few times.

[Linked Image from u.cubeupload.com]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
My wife is always amazed by me.

My wife is amazed she never killed me 🤷🏻‍♂️

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
V
Vek Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
I stumbled over a site that had about 100,000 carb kits for briggs engines, that you look up and buy if you know the engine serial number. That has come in handy a time or two. The last carb I had apart, I implemented the holley carb trick of waxing each gasket with vaseline or chapstick before assembly.

Mixed experience with chinese carbs...the one that I bought for a husky weedeater is garbage. The one on my ancient yamaha beartracker works quite well.

After my father in law tried to scalp my truck with his tractor bucket, I located four doors from another truck, and that other truck happened to have power windows/locks/mirrors which I lacked. I obtained the cab wiring harness from said truck, untaped it and spread it out over my entire garage floor. It stretched about 30' from one end to the other. Then I compared wiring diagrams from 1999 XL model F350 and 2006 lariat model F350, and figured out how to power everything from either the existing 99 harness or a new fuse panel powered by an RV relay. Taped it back up, stripped the 99 interior, swapped the old body harness for new, soldered an a$$load of new to old wires, plugged everything in, and it all worked: lights, locks, windows, mirrors. I think THAT one finally impressed my wife, and the truck has not yet burned down. That one looked harder than it was, but not a project to drop for a month midway!

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Vek
I stumbled over a site that had about 100,000 carb kits for briggs engines, that you look up and buy if you know the engine serial number. That has come in handy a time or two. The last carb I had apart, I implemented the holley carb trick of waxing each gasket with vaseline or chapstick before assembly.

Mixed experience with chinese carbs...the one that I bought for a husky weedeater is garbage. The one on my ancient yamaha beartracker works quite well.

After my father in law tried to scalp my truck with his tractor bucket, I located four doors from another truck, and that other truck happened to have power windows/locks/mirrors which I lacked. I obtained the cab wiring harness from said truck, untaped it and spread it out over my entire garage floor. It stretched about 30' from one end to the other. Then I compared wiring diagrams from 1999 XL model F350 and 2006 lariat model F350, and figured out how to power everything from either the existing 99 harness or a new fuse panel powered by an RV relay. Taped it back up, stripped the 99 interior, swapped the old body harness for new, soldered an a$$load of new to old wires, plugged everything in, and it all worked: lights, locks, windows, mirrors. I think THAT one finally impressed my wife, and the truck has not yet burned down. That one looked harder than it was, but not a project to drop for a month midway!
I do everything on my vehicles except machine work and electronics, I'll pay someone to do that.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
goalie Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Electronics on a vehicle is gonna be a no from me too.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I used to do most oil and fuel filters on my F250 7.3 diesel. Rotate the tires, belt changes even replaced the starter and alternator. I’m 61 and done with it. Got a brand new Four Runner sitting in the driveway and I’m writing checks from now on.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
With age comes wisdom.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
goalie Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 5sdad
With age comes wisdom.

That wisdom comes from decades of fugging stuff up......

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
Originally Posted by deflave
My wife is always amazed by me.

My wife is amazed she never killed me 🤷🏻‍♂️

1/2 the ladies in this town are amazed "The Warden" hasn't put a 38 slug in my forehead, yet.
And pretty much ALL want to serve on the jury, when she does! smile

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Goalie, Three M paid Steve Smith to greet his fans, and sign autographs.

Many bought rolls of duct tape, I took that old canoe paddle.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wife thinks doing a carb clean to get the snowblower working again makes me a magician.

Seriously, she should EXPECT me to fix stuff, not think it's impressive that the engine not running except on choke was something I could figure out and fix.

The friggen bar is set waaaaaay too low these days.

At least my son wanted to come out to the shop and "help" more than play video games.

I think you should enjoy the praise and appreciation. I sure would if it ever happened to me.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
goalie Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bruinruin
Wife thinks doing a carb clean to get the snowblower working again makes me a magician.

Seriously, she should EXPECT me to fix stuff, not think it's impressive that the engine not running except on choke was something I could figure out and fix.

The friggen bar is set waaaaaay too low these days.

At least my son wanted to come out to the shop and "help" more than play video games.

I think you should enjoy the praise and appreciation. I sure would if it ever happened to me.

You are correct sir.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
"And it's just that easy". laugh

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 160user, 66 invisible), 2,472 guests, and 1,228 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,445
Posts18,489,618
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.