Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
M
MM879 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
I had mine done at the Mayo Clinic and I swear the dude was trying to perforate my brain cortex.

Never again.

That is what mine was like. They want my 94 year old mother to go through this ever time she has a doctors appointment. This could kill her.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I’ve had 2 tests for surgical reasons (both negative despite my exposure) and I told the nurse that I was perfectly capable of swabbing my own nose which I did.

People allow others to do things for them that they could do for themselves simply because they’re “healthcare” workers. I don’t give up my rights nor do I allow things to HAPPEN TO me, I choose and advocate for myself. A nurse or doctor cannot do things TO YOU without your consent, that includes sticking a q-tip anywhere in your body.

I’m a great patient because I do everything I can for myself. I retain full control over what happens to me and I don’t relegate all my power over to a stranger.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I had mine done at the Mayo Clinic and I swear the dude was trying to perforate my brain cortex.

Never again.

Not much to hurt there.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

They have to stab the back of your skull because it's so contagious.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by deflave

They have to stab the back of your skull because it's so contagious.

LMFAO....exactly. So virulent that it’s undetectable...

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U

Never again.

Did the last two cells leak out?

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by woodson
Measure the soft flap on your ear to the nare of your nose. That is the depth at which a sample is taken. I warn my patients what to expect and try to do it as quick but effective as possible.

No offense Doc, but,

As God as my witness the next person that shoves anything that far up my nose, I will gut like a fish.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had mine done at the county health department drive through. The nurse handed me a swab through the window and I hardly stopped the truck from rolling while I swabbed my nose and left. They told me how deep to go, about 2 inches, and it wasn't a problem at all.

Harry
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
I had the swab and it was nowhere near as bad as when the ENT stuck a scope up my nose. The good thing is he found out how screwed up my sinuses were and why I kept getting sinus infections. He put me under and rotorootered my sinuses and I've only had about 3-4 infections in the past 17 years when I used to get 2-3 a year before that.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I've had 6 tests i think. Not fun but 60 seconds later i forgot all about it.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

IC B3

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Ever wonder if this whole damn thing is simply a scheme to collect dna? The testing method, not the virus.

F
F
I’ve had the nose swab test multiple times over the past few months as it’s required for my job. It’s uncomfortable but only for a minute.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Had my 4th one just last night at Anc airport on return from Maui.

No problems other than the extreme piss-off and delay at all this bullsheet. Took us a full hour to log in, answer the questions on the phone, work our way thru the line to get the swab.

I posted a week ago or so about all the BS we were forced to endure in order to go to Hawaii. OK- other than the test and on-line crap (plus $95 each) which took us about 4 hours to work our way through, most of the stuff I posted about was what my wife told me I had to do.

42 years......I should know better. smile

We got to the airport, showed them our "paperwork" (on phones), they needled in a number on our forearm, and we were good to go.

OK, OK, they put a paper wristband showing we had passed the test on our end, which let us walk right through on the Maui end, showing the wrist-band, to collect baggage .

There were a lot of other poor bastards that hadn't done the pre-work. I dunno what they had to go through, but looked like they were being sent to the "showers"..... smile

Man - they are freaky over there, Get within 20 feet of someone else, likely them upwind in a 20mph trade wind, from you with you not masked, and they get the old "deer in the headlights" look. Dudes sitting alone on the roadside, no one within a half mile, except passing traffic, and they are masked.

I can see why the place is so fugged up that they are liberal Democrats. Unthinking sheep! Like real sheep.

Last edited by las; 01/05/21.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by UPhiker

Never again.

Did the last two cells leak out?

He was lucky- they couldn't go deep enough to get the last one up top the brain pan.

Sorry- I could not resist. smile. smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Yes. It could cause you and everyone you've been around to miss two weeks of work for no good reason.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Originally Posted by woodson
Measure the soft flap on your ear to the nare of your nose. That is the depth at which a sample is taken. I warn my patients what to expect and try to do it as quick but effective as possible.

No offense Doc, but,

As God as my witness the next person that shoves anything that far up my nose, I will gut like a fish.

I’m with you Kaywoodie as I had two in AK the first one I believe left a dent in the front lobe of my brain. The second they went in both sides and had a rotational spin roto rooter would have been proud of. Never again

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Here's my question. If a person has had the virus (months ago) AND been vaccinated, why are they required to wear a mask?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Here's my question. If a person has had the virus (months ago) AND been vaccinated, why are they required to wear a mask?

Because the people have willingly surendered their rights to breath fresh air and take in the free oxygen that God designed our lungs for.
It has absolutely Nothing to do with health.
It has to do with control.
The demons have billionares with power.
They manipulate the political, media, religious and corporate powers.

They devised ways to use pions at grocery stores, bus drivers, or day care workers to be our masters. We are the.new slaves of the new tyranny.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Originally Posted by ltppowell

Because the people have willingly surendered their rights to breath fresh air and take in the free oxygen that God designed our lungs for.
It has absolutely Nothing to do with health.
It has to do with control.
The demons have billionares with power.
They manipulate the political, media, religious and corporate powers.

They devised ways to use pions at grocery stores, bus drivers, or day care workers to be our masters. We are the.new slaves of the new tyranny.

Well yeah...I get that. I just want to hear the "experts" explain it.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MM879
My opinion is YES. Sticking a swab into the depth of your sinus by a low skilled medical tech is risky. My opinion is it shouldn't be done unless there is a valid reason to improve care. I've had the test and it has caused long term symptoms after the procedure.

Your answer reflects wisdom.
Anytime someone introduces a medical instrument into an orifice there's risk involved. Even a stupid RN or PA with the dexterity of a ditch digger can cause damage to your ear with an otoscope.

I would NEVER let anybody shove anything in any hole in order to keep a job. If required, record the conversation and ask for a signed and dated requirement. At least you will have more than your word against theirs IF you take legal recourse.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 01/05/21.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

122 members (1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 10Glocks, 2500HD, 22 invisible), 1,638 guests, and 978 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,242
Posts18,485,916
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.