-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I undercut and then rounded the undercut... highly recommend both as it makes it much more comfortable to shoot.

I feel the pearce grip extensions also help the grip (they do not add a round)

I use mine for woods carry.

For concealed carry, we're all built differently... and my skinny arse does not work well with this chubby gun. If it did, it would be my town gun as well.

Jerry

Thought I'd add that I've had a G21, G21SF, and a G21SF Longslide (pre-G41). The G21 & G21 SF grip always just felt a little too big, do-able but not quite right. Whereas the G30 (either SF or Gen. 4) is a good fit (for me).

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Si vis pacem, para bellum
GB1

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Slavek
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Sarge,

I undercut mine and knocked down the front finger groove to get a better, higher grip on it, as I have size XL hands. It made a difference.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

It would have been easier to get G23 in the first place. Better capacity with standard magazine, larger grip area and less expensive easier to find ammo.

So lets examine your post as once again you are making statements without any experience or facts to back them up. I am betting, just like the 4506 and 645, you are speaking as a theorist, versus actually having experience.

First,

The purpose for the G30S for me is for a dual role handgun, as I hunt/hike and pursue outdoors activities in areas that are home to wolves, mountain lions, bears etc. I specifically wanted a large bore, compact Glock. I have used and owned the Glock 20 and 29 multiple times in the past and still shoot 10mm in a full size frame conversion on my G21.

For the compact gun however I specifically wanted a .45, since I have been loading for .45 since the late 80s, early 90s. So it is NOT less expensive for me. Nor is it cheaper. Plus since I was issued .45 ACPs for years as well as being both the agency's armorer and regional firearms instructor, I had access to lots of ammo. .45 ACP pistol ammo.

Back on the topic of handloading, I can also load rather hot, 230-250-255 grain hard cast flat point projectiles that penetrate very deep and break bones. They penetrate in feet rather than inches. That is a distinct advantage over the .40 S&W in a Glock .23.

In summary,

The G23 is NOT easier for me to get, as I already own a G21, and the G30S is magazine compatible.

I have owned multiple .40 caliber Glocks in the past and was not overly impressed.

I can get a full firing grip on the G30S and I have size XL hands, so you apparently have not spent any time with these two guns.

The .40 ammo is not less expensive for me, and in fact is more expensive.

.45 ammo is quite easy for me to find, as I can make it by the thousands on my Dillon progressive reloading press.

I know exactly why I chose the G30S over a G23 or any other. It was and still is a solid choice for my intended role.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by jerrywoodswalker
I undercut and then rounded the undercut... highly recommend both as it makes it much more comfortable to shoot.

I feel the pearce grip extensions also help the grip (they do not add a round)

I use mine for woods carry.

For concealed carry, we're all built differently... and my skinny arse does not work well with this chubby gun. If it did, it would be my town gun as well.

Jerry

Thought I'd add that I've had a G21, G21SF, and a G21SF Longslide (pre-G41). The G21 & G21 SF grip always just felt a little too big, do-able but not quite right. Whereas the G30 (either SF or Gen. 4) is a good fit (for me).

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

That is a Very Nice looking little 30. Those things are way more accurate than people even realize. I would wager that that thing is a tack driver.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'll drop mine in. With XS express sights.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 10Glock

I replaced the serrated trigger on mine with a smooth face trigger for a Glock 21. I much prefer it.

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Mackay,

That guy's handgun "knowledge" comes entirely from reading the internet from Mom's basement in Krakow.
He wouldn't know a Glock from a Pierogi.

There is nothing made by man,
which cannot be broken by woman.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
That's what I have ascertained from his posts... Grin.

It makes me shake my head how people make statements and/or post "advice" on topics with absolutely zero background or experience on the subject matter. But it happens every day.

I refer to them as Internet Parrots. They read some crap on the web and repeat it. Usually what they read was actually from another internet Parrot, who himself has absolutely no experience. That of course is how a whole bunch of people have built their careers.. On pure BS.

But if you post enough BS eventually someone might believe it! We have a few here who are real ninjas at Google-fu. crazy

OH well!

Here is a pic of the G30S in its natural environment, next to the Salmon River. smile

CHEERS!

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Mackay, what sort of velocities are getting with your assorted hard cast flat points out of that short barrel?
You've peaked my interest in a mini G.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I don't have my notes in front of me, but from memory the stubby barrel got 875 with the 250s with Longshot.

Longshot is really a solid powder for heavy .45 ACP loads, and we have numerous posters here who have done a BUNCH of work using it. In fact FAR more than I, as they were fiddling with 45 Supers in their 1911s.

RJM, JWP, Paul 105 Yondering, and Dirt Farmer all come to mind.

The 45 Super turns 45 ACPs into a whole other animal with their 5" barrels. That said, I think it is a bridge too far with a G30S with its skinny slide. But +P 45 ACP is not a problem, so that was the realm I have stuck with.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
That's decent speed for 45acp 250 gr. , especially in a short barrel.
Thanks for putting that up, another project to work on.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Mackay, I'm pretty sure that Slavek is a euro-trash version of good old Swampman700. Remember some of his gems?

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I'd like to forget!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 10Glock

How are you liking the express sights? Was the front sight an easy install?

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I am not 10Glock, but have installed no shortage of Glock sights, having managed armories.

If you can tie your shoes you can swap a Glock front sight.

The original plastic front sight simply pops out with just about any decent set of pliers.

The replacements have a hexagon style wrench/installment tool. You just pop it in, and add a dab of medium loctite/fingernail polish hardener and screw it down. That is it.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
I am not 10Glock, but have installed no shortage of Glock sights, having managed armories.

If you can tie your shoes you can swap a Glock front sight.

The original plastic front sight simply pops out with just about any decent set of pliers.

The replacements have a hexagon style wrench/installment tool. You just pop it in, and add a dab of medium loctite/fingernail polish hardener and screw it down. That is it.

I've got a Glock sight tool that makes it easy.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thank you gentlemen. The collected competencies of this outfit are indeed formidable.

Last edited by 5thShock; 01/08/21. Reason: word order
V
viking Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Thanks all the input fellas.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 163bc, 06hunter59, 16gage, 54 invisible), 2,976 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,969
Posts18,519,631
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.