Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
SAKO75 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
1st, I am an avid opponent of illegal immigrants and non-english speaking people in this country...

My wife hired a service to be done in our backyard last week. It was concrete borders for the flower beds.
Well today the crew showed up and 5 mexicans were there with one white guy. I watched this unflod and its almost like modern day slave labor class...He wasnt mean but lets be honest, this is uneducated, labor class just like slaves were, only they make "some" money. Problem is, they are illegal, its tax free, we have to educate their kids and pay their health bills, meanwhile they send all the money back to Mexico and dont keep it in our economy..

WELL WHAT I DID WAS I WENT OUT AND ASKED THE WHITE FOREMEN to step aside for a private conversation.
I told him that I dont like whats going in this country with illegals and if any of these people were:
illegal
non-english speaking
not carrying green card or not a citizen they best get off my property now. He said they were all illegal and called them all in spanish to VAMOS --Let's go. I asked him if he would be coming back with citizens of the USA he said no, then i asked if he was willing to give up the job and he said yes.
A call ot the owner later yielded the same, her quote was American workers are lazy and good luck finding a company to do it with americans!!

Well what would you have done?

Last edited by SAKO75; 07/25/07.

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered."
― George Orwell, 1984
GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I would have done the job myself. Indeed, I've got a sidewalk to brick and stone as a matter of fact.

I have worked with an awful lot of mexicans that spoke little or no english. They did happen to be legal and most of them did work hard. They were pretty much like anything else. There were VERY FEW American's willing to work there. Very few (3 to 4 out of a couple dozen or more.

Brent

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Called ICE?

I think you made the call that was right for you.

I hope you find some legals, (or friends you have negatives of), to do the work.

[Linked Image]
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Do your country a service, call immigration.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
SAKO75 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
would ICE DO AN ANYTHING?

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered."
― George Orwell, 1984
IC B2

WGM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
without getting into the nuts and bolts of this type situation ... I'll offer this...

regardless of your allowing them to work for you or not, chances are VERY high that many others will continue to employ their services, and consequently pay them...

regardless of whether or not you ever see them again, your tax dollars will still end up going towards paying for their education, medical bills, etc...

you're likely going to pay a premium to ensure that you end up with a set of 'legal' workers to do the job you hired them for ... unless, of course, you do it yourself ...

so in the end, unfortunately, your actions will probably do nothing more than cost you some extra money.

Until the vast majority takes action like you did, the problem is not going to go away, or even get any better ...

those are just the 'facts' ... I admire what you did ... and would have been ok with you calling the INS as well ...

again, I'm not offering my feelings on the heart of the matter, as I don't feel like discussing it ... I'm just stating how I feel the situation will play out ...

Last edited by WGM; 07/25/07.

-WGM-
SAKO75 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BrentD
I would have done the job myself. Indeed, I've got a sidewalk to brick and stone as a matter of fact.

I have worked with an awful lot of mexicans that spoke little or no english. They did happen to be legal and most of them did work hard. They were pretty much like anything else. There were VERY FEW American's willing to work there. Very few (3 to 4 out of a couple dozen or more.

Brent
very few willing to work for the prices they would pay mexicans cash under the table...yep youre right there

― George Orwell, 1984
SAKO75 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by WGM
without getting into the nuts and bolts of this type situation ... I'll offer this...

regardless of your allowing them to work for you or not, chances are VERY high that many others will continue to employ their services, and consequently pay them...

regardless of whether or not you ever see them again, your tax dollars will still end up going towards paying for their education, medical bills, etc...

you're likely going to pay a premium to ensure that you end up with a set of 'legal' workers to do the job you hired them for ... unless, of course, you do it yourself ...

so in the end, unfortunately, your actions will probably do nothing more than cost you some extra money.

Until the vast majority takes action like you did, the problem is not going to go away, or even get any better ...

those are just the 'facts' ... I admire what you did ... and would have been ok with you calling the INS as well ...

again, I'm not offering my feelings on the heart of the matter, as I don't feel like discussing it ... I'm just stating how I feel the situation will play out ...

I'd be a hypocrite if i knowingly paid and supported that work. a man has to stand for something even if it isnt popular

― George Orwell, 1984
WGM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I agree with you ... which is why I stated that I admire what he did ... he didn't like that there were illegals there to work... and he kicked them off his property and accepted the fact that the 'contractor' turned down doing the work for him ...

I merely stated what I see to be the immediate and long term effects of his actions ...

again, until the vast majority chooses to act in like fashion, the 'problem' will only grow ...

-WGM-
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'd do the work myself. I can't stand any company that hires illegals, and my next call would have been to ICE, and I would have let the owner know it. Les

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

IC B3

SAKO75 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I may call ICE tomorrow... thanks for the feedback. i felt good about it! Heck, she told me on the phone they do over 300 houses a year to which i replied i didnt give a damn.

― George Orwell, 1984
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Frankly, if more folks would NOT hire illegals, and WOULD call and report their being sent to do a job, then we would have LESS of them here.

Sam......

SAKO75 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Love that bonnie blue flag!!!!!!!!

― George Orwell, 1984
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Good on ya Sako75. Les

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Congrats, you did what everyone SHOULD do. Were not gonna get the point across to these companies that hire these illegals unless we choose not to use there service and expose them for what they're doing. I'd rather pay a few bucks more then pay for the illegals health care and educating their children.

SAKO75 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
AMEN BROTHER!

― George Orwell, 1984
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've got non-english speaking mexicans on the job right now, erecting a garage building. They work harder, longer, and seem to take more pride in their work than any american carpenter I've had work for me in recent memory. Illegal or not, they put value into the project that is uncommon. I happen to speak spanish, so it ain't no sweat with language barrier. Sometimes, I think all this mexican bashing is more about our own deficiencies more than theirs.

There, except by the grace of God, go you and I. I sure the hell would be in this country illegally if I had no other choice. Can't really blame the employer either. We done unionized ourselves into this mess.

Mule
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I ain't bashin' Mexican, but all damned ILLEGALS, send all the sunsabitches home, shoot them if they don't friggin comply!

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I have nothing against mexican workers by any means, don't get me wrong. I have worked with many mexicans before and you're right most of them are very hard working, dedicated people. That however is not my issue with the situation. If they could come here and assimilate to an extent and not abuse our emergency medical system then I would have far less of a problem. The problem is nobody see's the money they cost us because it comes out of the taxes we pay. There are enough dead beats that unfortunately are here legally we have to pay for, I don't want to have to pay for illegals in addition, hard working or not.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Muleskinner
I've got non-english speaking mexicans on the job right now, erecting a garage building. They work harder, longer, and seem to take more pride in their work than any american carpenter I've had work for me in recent memory. Illegal or not, they put value into the project that is uncommon. I happen to speak spanish, so it ain't no sweat with language barrier. Sometimes, I think all this mexican bashing is more about our own deficiencies more than theirs.

There, except by the grace of God, go you and I. I sure the hell would be in this country illegally if I had no other choice. Can't really blame the employer either. We done unionized ourselves into this mess.

I didn't read anyone bashing mexicans. I did read a condemnation of companies and people who employee illegals, as it should be.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 67 invisible), 2,532 guests, and 1,161 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,467
Posts18,529,267
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.