Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
H
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by Hypocrite
Originally Posted by Morewood
Ok,Boomer isn’t ok you old retard born between x and y.

It simply means ok,you old retard we get it you’ve managed breath and eat long enough to live past your prime.

Getting old isn’t an accomplishment and it gets old listening to old farts talk about how they’re better simply because they are old.

And those same old [bleep] are from the same generation that failed to secure a free and prosperous America for the younger generation they love to bash. Because it was easier to just go to work and go along to get along than it was to stand for something.

Why would someone join a forum just to insult 80% of the members?

Seems odd. Do you hunt and/or fish? Introduce yourself, newbie.

It’s only an insult if you’re the boomer that was happy to vote away gun rights and let liberalism take hold.

Yes I hunt and fish.

1. We didn't.

2. Doubt you've been out of mum's basement this week.

3. Get off your ass and wash that onesie. It stinks..

LIKE YOU.

I’m at a bar right now it was tough but I left the house.

Not sure why you take it so personal if what I said doesn’t apply to you? I have no problem admitting a lot of my generation sucks, why so defensive over the worse of yours.

Last edited by Hypocrite; 01/10/21.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by AZmark
I know Im going to get disparaged for this but Ive always spoke my mind, what there is of it anyway.

Listening to all the blame thats getting put on the boomers, the millineals, the x's and y's reminds me a whole lot of what the democrats have been doing for the past 4 years and thats blaming Trump for everything. So I guess that makes all you fools here blaming someone else a DEMOCRAT!

Go ahead....put me on ignore.

You have to do better than that if you want ignore....... well except for Mannlicher

Well crappola......I couldnt think of anything else worse to call someone.. I give up.

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

It simply means ok,you old retard we get it you’ve managed breath and eat long enough to live past your prime.

Getting old isn’t an accomplishment and it gets old listening to old farts talk about how they’re better simply because they are old.

And those same old [bleep] are from the same generation that failed to secure a free and prosperous America for the younger generation they love to bash. Because it was easier to just go to work and go along to get along than it was to stand for something.

It’s only an insult if you’re the boomer that was happy to vote away gun rights and let liberalism take hold.

Yes I hunt and fish.

1. We didn't.

LIKE YOU.

My Mom’s been gone for over 5 years now, maybe that’s why I’m an [bleep]?

Not sure why you take it so personal if what I said doesn’t apply to you? I have no problem admitting a lot of my generation sucks, why so defensive over the worse of yours.

Because none of the younger fugktards blaming boomers know what the hell they're talking about.

Your generation is damn near voting unanimously for something they don't even understand because they think they're gonna get some free schit out of it and transfer wealth from somebody who has worked their ass off for it for the last 50 or 60 years. Why? Because most are too damn thick-headed and lazy to do a little research on their own and look behind the fake news facade and lies.

YOUR GENERATION IS ACTIVELY PARTICIPATING IN THE DESTRUCTION OF MY COUNTRY. And Yeah. That fugking bothers me.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by OldGrayWolf
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
To everyone blaming boomers, Gen X, Gen Y, Greatest (those still among us), any group of people you define solely by being born in certain years, I offer this challenge.

Change the world.

It's that simple. Change the world.

Since you have the horrible example of all of the mistakes made by your greedy and short sighted forebears you have the opportunity to correct all of that in one generation - yours - and create a Utopia. You can vote in politicians who are not self serving liars. You can "educate" the public so they won't fall for those lies and everybody will put the common good well ahead of their own personal needs. Thanks to your efforts every single member of the populace will see and not fall into the trap of voting in politicians who promise largesse from public funds.

You can absolutely stop people who lust for power over others from ever being given power. You can guarantee that large successful companies never dominate any segment of the market, and that monetary support of legislators and other government officials is completely transparent and has no effect on the laws they create.

You have the opportunity to change human nature itself, something no one in no land anywhere in recorded history has been able to do. But you can do it.

Change the world.

We'll check in with you in 2050 and see how you're doing with that.

No, you won’t. whistle

He might. Technology, ya know!

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
H
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
H

Yes I hunt and fish.

1. We didn't.

LIKE YOU.

My Mom’s been gone for over 5 years now, maybe that’s why I’m an [bleep]?

Because none of the younger fugktards blaming boomers know what the hell they're talking about.

Your generation is damn near voting unanimously for something they don't even understand because they think they're gonna get some free schit out of it and transfer wealth from somebody who has worked their ass off for it for the last 50 or 60 years. Why? Because most are too damn thick-headed and lazy to do a little research on their own and look behind the fake news facade and lies.

YOUR GENERATION IS ACTIVELY PARTICIPATING IN THE DESTRUCTION OF MY COUNTRY. And Yeah. That fugking bothers me.

Possibly it’s regional, around here there’s as many old farts that love them some Biden as there is younger folks. The only difference is the old farts voted for Clinton in the 90’s and they still don’t do the math on why the world is the way it is.

IC B2

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Originally Posted by Northman
Blaming Boomers has become a part time hobby of mine, since they have been blaming "Millennials" for nearly two decades, for all the troubles the US has come to see.... like it all started when Millennials started voting....

At the same time, just ignoring it was under THEIR watch, most of US production was outsourced, healthcare and medicine costs skyrocket, public education and college costs explode because of defunding and wages has been stagnant....

Boomers grew up in the best time in the US ever... paid for by TAXES. Only to privatize it all when they grew up, because they didn't want to pay no damn taxes for it. Their parents paid taxes for it, and made sure they grew up in the BEST EVER economical period that any country has ever seen.

Boomers wanted low taxes instead, voting for Politicians who made it possible to outsource with impunity.. just as long as they gave them a tiny tax break as well. Boomers wanted low taxes and privatization. And they got it...

Results... outsourced production sector, low wages, no immigration laws from EITHER party, because privatization trumped everything... and both of them keeps wages down.

Education Boomers could pay of with a summer job back in the day, now costs hundreds of thousands of dollars because of defunding.... but its Millennials fault.
Healthcare that should cost HALF of what it does today, if the US just did as every other 1st world country... but its Millennials fault.
2008, which nearly broke the back of the Millennials in their start up years... caused by negligence and dont give [bleep] attitude from the Boomer generation... but its the Millennials fault.
20 God Damn years of war, that the Millennials have had to fight in....

And all the while, Boomers have secured themselves in their "golden years"... while their Children, the Millennials have inherited a massive beast of underfunded liabilities, because Boomers didn't give a [bleep] about paying taxes. They are just sucking the teat dry of the last thing the Greatest Generation left them... a nearly functioning welfare state.

But... its all Millennials fault.

Northman,

To be fair, while those ideas that you point out appealed to, and were adopted by the ME generation, they weren’t the fountainhead. Shareholder primacy, objectivism, and the Powell memo were the awful ideas propagated by people that were pretty old at the time: Friedman, Rand, and Justice Powell.

Last edited by El_CuCuy; 01/10/21.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I like to cook in cast iron.

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E

Millennials have gotten the shaft so far, they got out of school just in time to start a career in the midst of the financial crisis: some of them got to their feet, and made up some ground and got smacked by COVID fallout. You think this won’t affect the way they vote?

Boomers came of age during a period of prosperity, and could count on wage growth, a rising standard of living, and increasing lifespans for all groups, their parents made this possible. Even the most mediocre boomer was likely to do better than their parents, that was a given. Millennials and Gen Y look at the dysfunctional world their boomer parents will bequeath them (if they ever retire), where all of these positive trends have been reversed, and they’re pissed.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by El_CuCuy

Millennials have gotten the shaft so far, they got out of school just in time to start a career in the midst of the financial crisis: some of them got to their feet, and made up some ground and got smacked by COVID fallout. You think this won’t affect the way they vote?

Boomers came of age during a period of prosperity, and could count on wage growth, a rising standard of living, and increasing lifespans for all groups, their parents made this possible. Even the most mediocre boomer was likely to do better than their parents, that was a given. Millennials and Gen Y look at the dysfunctional world their boomer parents will bequeath them (if they ever retire), where all of these positive trends have been reversed, and they’re pissed.

I started my career during the Carter recession...... $3.20 hr with a line of guys behind you waiting to take your job...... cry me a fuuckin river.... pussies

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If the millenials weren't such morons and bought into student loan debt to get worthless indoctrinations... but hey the "trades" were below them... feed em cake

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Old fùckers are always going to blame those damn kids and those damn kids are always going to to blame the old fùckers. It’s a constant cycle. People just love to bítch. Especially boomers.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If the millenials weren't such morons and bought into student loan debt to get worthless indoctrinations... but hey the "trades" were below them... feed em cake

Now this I agree with. $100k in student debt and making $30k a year. When they could’ve sacked up, got their hands dirty and be making $60+ with no debt.

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
I'm a proud boomer! Worked with a ssc since 1963. Nobody gave me anything! I paid plenty of taxes. Coached little league all the things my folks did for me!
Dad was a WW2 vet army. Americal Division, south pacific, New Guinea, Bougainville. He was very proud of his service, so am I. Just another Boomer!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Heym06
I'm a proud boomer! Worked with a ssc since 1963. Nobody gave me anything! I paid plenty of taxes. Coached little league all the things my folks did for me!
Dad was a WW2 vet army. Americal Division, south pacific, New Guinea, Bougainville. He was very proud of his service, so am I. Just another Boomer!

What is ssc?

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

What is ssc?

Ssc? Social security card?

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

What is ssc?

Boomers have those brass engraved SS cards.

Start with 000-00-1234

😎

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Mike_S

What is ssc?

Ssc? Social security card?

Super small côck I’d imagine

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
The "Boomers" that were healthy were subject to the military draft. I may be too old to be a boomer, But I enlisted, and served.

(mild fist pump)

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by El_CuCuy

You couldn't be more wrong, on every count, every word. The boomer had lower wages and higher competition for jobs at every turn.

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Originally Posted by MM879

You couldn't be more wrong, on every count, every word. The boomer had lower wages and higher competition for jobs at every turn.

The pre-globalization job market was in no way more competitive than what has come since. Nations provided regulated financial markets that kept capital at home, and specifically targeted full employment; this was a time of strong labor protections, and real wage growth across the spectrum. All of these things have since been squandered starting in the neoliberal age that Reagan, and Thatcher ushered in.

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

691 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 10gaugemag, 71 invisible), 3,185 guests, and 1,410 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,480
Posts18,471,781
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.