Hop To
Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Huntingnut
I f I HAD to pick a bolt gun to fight with it would probably be a Ruger Gunsite carbine. Realistically it wouldn't matter much, using a bolt gun in a real fight would most likely result in your death.

I think it would be better than nothing but yes in the world of very reliable assault rifles continuous contact would be dangerous.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rickt300
Reliability and ease of putting rounds in the magazine make my choice a Mauser. Next would be a Ruger 77. A Springfield would be third place unless it had 1903 bottom metal then it would be second.

Lee-Enfield Jungle Carbine.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
A bolt gun in a fluid fire and manuver fight????
With wpn systems available in this day and age to both sides....

Stay in overwatch dude and cover our azz,s when ya can....

We will call ya up when the obj is secured.........

Last edited by renegade50; 01/11/21.
O
OGB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Well vetted AR. Quality red dot sight. Back up irons. Lots of mags.

What?

They have bolts!

Bore size is no substitute for shot placement and
Power is no substitute for bullet performance. 458WIN
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by OGB
Well vetted AR. Quality red dot sight. Back up irons. Lots of mags.

What?

They have bolts!

Yep and there are how many millions of them out there? I will bet some of them get in the news pretty soon.

Dog I rescued in January

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by renegade50
A bolt gun in a fluid fire and manuver fight????
With wpn systems available in this day and age to both sides....

Stay in overwatch dude and cover our azz,s when ya can....

We will call ya up when the obj is secured.........

Damn right door kickers are the real bad a$$es.

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by JoeBob

Maybe, but you still suck at golf and are into casual buggery on the back nine.

You're all talk in shooting, and golf.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S

Considering the average age of the posters on this thread, I think coronary failure would be a bigger concern than stripper vs mag fed. for continuity of fire. laugh

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Not reading the whole mess after seeing page one. Best of any gun in a fight is the one I’m holding.

I personally like what a Contractor said at my place when he met my Brother “That Guy is Scary as F***. He looks like he’d just rip my arms off and beat me to death with them if you asked him too”. That was after said Contractor got his “Big” chainsaw stuck dropping oaks over my place rather than use mine and my brother took a BFH, swung it like a kids wiggle ball bat, and shot the chainsaw/Wedge/whatever else 100 ft across the yard while the tree dropped in the lane.

My comment “Imagine if you dropped that on my house” LoL.

My point in the prolonged dialogue, shooting pistol matches ai saw a old guy that looked half crippled clear a stage with multiple reloads before I could blink in half the time of his closest competitor. I’d never witnessed anything close. Met a guy at a private 1400 yd range who was all of 140 lbs. Wuantifo guys used the place a lot. A SWAT team or some such group was shooting too. This guy was solo and just “visiting” but new my buddy who brought me there for instruction. My buddy was Team USA. This guy looked like he’d not slept in a few years and my only responses where look down and yes sir.

I’ve seen some expensive “toys” fielded badly. I’ve seen a 700p set a new record at Butner or similar. As some here say “It’s the Indian not the arrow” or whatever that saying is.

My brother I’d run from if he picked up a sharp stick or butter knife. Some others could have the latest and greatest whiz bang self dialing whatever and I’d be ok at 50 yards.

All that Verbose BS said, I like a Pre-64 .308 myself but then I’m the guy that “Innovates” companies but sticks with the best design I know regardless of age. To my leviathan brain, I like that action.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I would think a pump to be faster than even a straight pull bolt rig

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Best bolt gun in a fight?

My SKS has a bolt. I'd pick that rifle over all others. smile

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by SBTCO

Considering the average age of the posters on this thread, I think coronary failure would be a bigger concern than stripper vs mag fed. for continuity of fire. laugh

Ha Ha Ha cheerful bastard.

Dog I rescued in January

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by gremcat
Not reading the whole mess after seeing page one. Best of any gun in a fight is the one I’m holding.

I personally like what a Contractor said at my place when he met my Brother “That Guy is Scary as F***. He looks like he’d just rip my arms off and beat me to death with them if you asked him too”. That was after said Contractor got his “Big” chainsaw stuck dropping oaks over my place rather than use mine and my brother took a BFH, swung it like a kids wiggle ball bat, and shot the chainsaw/Wedge/whatever else 100 ft across the yard while the tree dropped in the lane.

My comment “Imagine if you dropped that on my house” LoL.

My point in the prolonged dialogue, shooting pistol matches ai saw a old guy that looked half crippled clear a stage with multiple reloads before I could blink in half the time of his closest competitor. I’d never witnessed anything close. Met a guy at a private 1400 yd range who was all of 140 lbs. Wuantifo guys used the place a lot. A SWAT team or some such group was shooting too. This guy was solo and just “visiting” but new my buddy who brought me there for instruction. My buddy was Team USA. This guy looked like he’d not slept in a few years and my only responses where look down and yes sir.

I’ve seen some expensive “toys” fielded badly. I’ve seen a 700p set a new record at Butner or similar. As some here say “It’s the Indian not the arrow” or whatever that saying is.

My brother I’d run from if he picked up a sharp stick or butter knife. Some others could have the latest and greatest whiz bang self dialing whatever and I’d be ok at 50 yards.

All that Verbose BS said, I like a Pre-64 .308 myself but then I’m the guy that “Innovates” companies but sticks with the best design I know regardless of age. To my leviathan brain, I like that action.

Masterfully written. Thanks.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I’m also probably considered a “Millenial” or some nonsense graduating, would have anyway, in 2000. A pretty actress/Model to an idiot 17 yo is a seemingly unavoidable temptation.

I’ll throw in I voted Trump, feel like I’ve worked for everything I have after getting some favorable goodwill, and agree with Deflave AND Whoever is on the other side at this moment, Heck I even find some of the hidden treasures in Sticks stuff where I can. Guess I’m one of those Deplorables that finds value in most people here.

Hard not too, most here are 2x my age and 4x as smart.

Last edited by gremcat; 01/11/21.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nothing wrong with the right bolt gun. For porpoises of this discussion I'd choose a gas operated bolt rifle...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by rickt300
Originally Posted by SBTCO

Ha Ha Ha cheerful bastard.

Would look like John Candy in Stripes...",gasp...gasp...,just wait ....gasp ......a minute...gasp... gasp".

Last edited by SBTCO; 01/11/21.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Seriously? I bought this Scout in 6.5 manbun. I have 3, 5, 6, & 10 round mags. Good ones. I trimmed the trigger, but the big deal was a slather of 800 grit Clover lapping compound in the action & cycled for a day or two & then cleaned.
Old school Mauser slick & smooth with a 10 round mag that can be changed in tenths of a second. What pro practiced in the Mauser & mag change, could be beat by another pro practiced in another platform with stripper clips? A toss up?

O
OGB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I've said this many times but never hear.

Been in some seriouse "dust ups".

2 things I never wished for when it got real.

1: a smaller gun

2: less ammo

Bore size is no substitute for shot placement and
Power is no substitute for bullet performance. 458WIN
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JamesJr
The best bolt gun to use in a fight would be the one you are the most familiar with.

Best advice in the thread.

It prevents that all too common occurrence where a soldier has the most trigger time on, say, a Remington 700 but somehow ends up with, say, a Savage 110 and he is shouting over the din of the enemy's machine gun fire: "How do I even operate this thing?". You, more familiar with the Savage 110's controls, are miming how to pull its trigger to make it fire, which end the bullets come out of, how to operate its action by manipulating the bolt.

You watch in horror as he is vaporized by a rocket from a passing helicopter, never having effectively fought.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
If I had to defend life and liberty short term, I’d go gas gun. There’s probably a half a dozen nuclear physicists or what not here that have argued for piston, old school $h!t stomper, whatever. Point Blank a shotty or CZ 75 please, longer range AR platform, extended range indefinite Pre-64 in a readily available cartridge, survival forever/no enemies a simple 452 Scout with slow target ammo.

Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

513 members (12344mag, 2500HD, 1Longbow, 204guy, 257Bob, 25classic, 59 invisible), 2,674 guests, and 1,277 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,296
Posts18,487,032
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.