Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Black & Decker was the champ at one time. Now they a mega-international company without any product, not needed!

Last edited by MM879; 01/14/21.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
My buddy has been using a 60v craftsman chainsaw for about 5 years now, that thing is impressive. Only issue is there is no oiling adjustment, that we can find anyway so he has to put a paper plate under it when storing.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have beat the ever loving hell out of some of my cheap Ryobi 18V stuff and have had no issues at all. The same can be said for their 4 cycle powerhead and attachments. This stuff has a great over the counter warranty at HD.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I took the plunge into battery operated lawn tools last summer: lawnmower, weed wacker, and hedge trimmer. Felt kind of foolish, to be honest. After researching, went with Stihl. After several months If using them, I’d never go back to gas for my needs. If I were still up north and running wood heat all winter I’d probably stick with a gas saw....I don’t know, but if I thought I’d get by okay with a battery saw, I’d probably go with Stihl.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I have beat the ever loving hell out of some of my cheap Ryobi 18V stuff and have had no issues at all. The same can be said for their 4 cycle powerhead and attachments. This stuff has a great over the counter warranty at HD.

Lol same here. I won't claim it's a product thats up there with the pricier brands but through work it comes too cheaply for me to not stick with it, my hands are tied. For all my home needs it performs really well.

That said, I know firsthand that abusing their standard drill will rip the handle off of the housing after about 1 year... I did that twice before switching to the hammer drill which has held up for 2 years now and is still going strong.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by papalondog
Bought a Dewalt electric chain saw for the wife awhile back. 40V battery operated. Pretty impressed until it locked up tight. Probably around 2 hours run time or less. It is under warranty but the repair center is closed to the public because of COVID. Won’t answer the phone. One place that works on them says he has been waiting almost a year for parts. I used to like Dewalt but will be buying a different brand from now on. Any suggestions?

I had the same problem with a Dewalt weedeater so I went and bought a new one, put the broken one in the box and returned it because it was used. I’ll play their game and I’ll win!

LOL. That's awesome! grin

I know a small contractor that keeps all the boxes just for this use.
I thought he was abusing some ethical value I had until I came home with a 3/8 impact that lasted about 20 days with maybe a whole minute of run time.
I think I'll give up and buy the cheaper china chit at Horror freight. I've returned stuff there before, hit and miss, I think it depends on who is manager that day.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by sparkman10mm
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Milwaukee

Yep...Fuel series

+10

I have the circ saw, drills, sawzall, etc, all have been flawless.

- Rogue
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

Like I said. Echo 58V

Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I gave up on dewalt years ago.
Ridgid stuff due to life time warranty.
My newer sawzall was acting up. Dropped it off and After 3 months of waiting I went in and talked to the manager. He pulled one off the shelf and sold it to me for 1 cent so I can register/warranty it.
Milwaukee would be also a solid choice.

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
Don’t let the fact the box they come in says made in China deter any of you.

In case you hadn't noticed - damn near everything is made in China, anymore!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Dre
My newer sawzall was acting up. Dropped it off and After 3 months of waiting I went in and talked to the manager. He pulled one off the shelf and sold it to me for 1 cent so I can register/warranty it.

I was told by someone that the batteries in rigid are also lifetime warranty, don't know how true that is and haven't looked it up.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Back in 2016 I got a Stihl electric chainsaw based on oral recommendations. It's been great although it's only for occasional use. Got several DeWalt things like a blower, a string trimmer, and a hand held spotlight; all on the same 20V system and with a couple extra batteries I've been happy. Don't know about DeWalt chainsaws but I like my Stihl so much I would stick with Stihl if I had to get another electric chainsaw.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Echo

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DANNYL
Originally Posted by Dre

I was told by someone that the batteries in rigid are also lifetime warranty, don't know how true that is and haven't looked it up.

Yes batteries are also life time

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Rigid is schit product compared to Dewalt.

Book it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hanco
I buy dewalt, but lots of guys at work have Milwaukee. They claim Milwaukee is better.

ditto

40 years ago every old lumberyard had a big old Dewalt cut off saw.
A corporation bought the company to get the name.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Dewalt has been junk for years

Camp is where you make it.
RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I switched everything to Milwaukee. I learned that you go all in or none at all.

So far so good.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We've had a Poulan electric for about ten years that always works. I think it cost under $50. I believe Poulan is owned by Husquavarna.. Granted it's only used a couple of times a year, usually for some kind of light duty stuff but it always works.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Craftsman

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

253 members (24HourCampFireGuy50, 01Foreman400, 300_savage, 264mag, 204guy, 257heaven, 43 invisible), 2,200 guests, and 1,063 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,974
Posts18,499,457
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.