-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a Pardner poop 20ga. I read how guys were having good luck with slugs. Mine shoots like minute of barn door with Sluggers, minute of Washtub with some oddball Brennekes I got for $1.79 a 5 pack on Cheaper than Ship. However, the Brennekes do not eject, as in the empties do not leave the Chamber. I use an aluminum rod to pop them out. A guy at the range said it's still twice as fast as a muzzleloader. I put a scope on it and put the top 3 plug screws in a safe place that I can no longer remember. When I find those screws or someone on the Fire tells me what screws to replace them with, I will find a shot shell that ejects and sell it just to get it out of my house, along with a partial box of FREE AMMO!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 19352012
Originally Posted by goalie
Yeah, my car gun since the riots is a 590 with a laser. [Linked Image from u.cubeupload.com]

My son's blaster is almost as fun.

Are those real slugs? Are you real crazy?

I had a 4'10" little Filipino nurse I work with shooting it and smiling.

FWIW, she actually listens when I explain shooting stuff, she let it roll shooting from the hip.

[Linked Image from u.cubeupload.com]

She liked my son's blaster with the can on too

[Linked Image from u.cubeupload.com]

Last edited by goalie; 01/14/21.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by urbaneruralite
Bought one in 20ga for youth girl. She manages to jam it. Run vigorously I have had no trouble other than it hits low. Have to smother the target and hope.

Would not buy again and certainly not for serious work. That's why they make Mossberg 500s.

Mossberg 500's are fine unless you drop one and the shell lifter comes loose from the receiver.
Yeah well that's about as likely as winning the lottery. I've used a pair of Mossberg 500's for the majority of my shotgun duties for 40 years. Deer, turkey, waterfowl, upland, clays. Been knocked over onto pavement in the dark, dropped 18 feet out of a treestand, hunted in rain, sleet, snow and NOT ONE malfunction or breakdown in tens of thousands of rounds. Not one. Wish I could say the same for the 870's I've owned but I can't. Also I have had a shell get stuck between the lifter and the bottom of the bolt on an 870. Shuts it down immediately when that happens and it can't happen with a Mossberg.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have an H&R Pump, and after reading this thread I went to go get it and I'll be damned if I can find it. I've turned the house upside down.

That's frustrating. I know I didn't sell it, can't imagine me leaving it anywhere.

For the price point I paid for it I"m sure its a chinese model

Last edited by KFWA; 01/14/21.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Anybody own one? From what I've read, they're more or less a clone of an 870 except they made the receiver slightly squared off in the back. I dug around on the internet until I found a pic of its trigger group and the trigger assembly seems to be well constructed. Also, the barrels are very thick.

All the reviews I've read about them seem to be fairly positive.

I sold a bunch of them when I was working at walmart. They seemed well built but they were cheap so I assume they were Chineses made. They are all steel and weigh a ton. I'd cut it down to 18" and make a tactical blaster out of it.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
IC B2

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Bought one in 20ga for youth girl. She manages to jam it. Run vigorously I have had no trouble other than it hits low. Have to smother the target and hope.

Would not buy again and certainly not for serious work. That's why they make Mossberg 500s.

Mossberg 500's are fine unless you drop one and the shell lifter comes loose from the receiver.
Yeah well that's about as likely as winning the lottery.

You don't have to look hard to find a video that demonstrates it.

K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
I have two of them in 12ga. Both identical to each other.

Have had them for 20 years...dad found them on sale for like 100$ and bought 2. I rattlecanned both of them. Haven’t used them in years but have taken a few coyotes with them. They make good knock around guns. As others stated, they are heavy and swing like a 2x4; but they go bang when you pull the trigger.

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Anyway, I'm going to pick up the shotgun tomorrow.

Is it live or is it Memorex?

H&R trigger assembly:
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Remington 870 trigger assembly

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Yet, somehow, they survived the USMC using them.......

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B

They must not have dropped one during the trials.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

They must not have dropped one during the trials.

Or they are not nearly as fragile as you say.

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
They're built like a tank but are about as well balanced as a tank too...

And the one i had would not feed worth a damn. Wouldn't release the shell from the mag.

Last edited by mjbgalt; 01/14/21.
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by kwg020
Anybody own one? From what I've read, they're more or less a clone of an 870 except they made the receiver slightly squared off in the back. I dug around on the internet until I found a pic of its trigger group and the trigger assembly seems to be well constructed. Also, the barrels are very thick.

All the reviews I've read about them seem to be fairly positive.

I sold a bunch of them when I was working at walmart. They seemed well built but they were cheap so I assume they were Chineses made. They are all steel and weigh a ton. I'd cut it down to 18" and make a tactical blaster out of it.

kwg

Already is.

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
$180,..what the heck?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

I saw the video long before you posted this. It's unlikely to ever happen. The army didn't experience it in their grueling trials. You're more likely to get a shell trapped between the bolt and lifter of an 870. Also I believe you could prevent it from happening in a 500 by simply spreading the arms of the lifter a bit to put more tension on them before in installing in the receiver.

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
It's a pump shotgun. I'm confident that I can fix anything it needs fixed.

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B

I saw the video long before you posted this. It's unlikely to ever happen. The army didn't experience it in their grueling trials. You're more likely to get a shell trapped between the bolt and lifter of an 870. Also I believe you could prevent it from happening in a 500 by simply spreading the arms of the lifter a bit to put more tension on them before in installing in the receiver.

If you like them you like them. It seems like a major design flaw to me. I was a bit surprised when I first saw what happened if you dropped one.

It's not like it was dropped off the Empire State Building, either. About a 2' drop onto either side will pop the shell lifter loose from the receiver.

It's easy enough to reposition it. But I don't like that design.

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
For that money you used to be able to buy a Maverick 88, may still can if someone still has one in stock. Pretty much a Mossberg 500 with different safety.

The Pardners are heavy as hell and rather clunky. But if it scratches an itch, go for it...especially in today's climate.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I just checked my bedside 500. Tried to push the lifter pivots in with a pen. There is quite a bit of tension on mine. Too much in my opinion for inertia to overcome by dropping given the light weight of the arms. Dropped it on it's side several times from higher than the guy in the video and couldn't make it happen. I think the guy has a lifter that needs the arms bent outward a little or he rigged the test by intentionally bending the lifter arms inward.

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by UNCCGrad
For that money you used to be able to buy a Maverick 88, may still can if someone still has one in stock. Pretty much a Mossberg 500 with different safety.

The Pardners are heavy as hell and rather clunky. But if it scratches an itch, go for it...especially in today's climate.

A Maverick 88 has the same design flaw as the Mossberg 500.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

507 members (06hunter59, 219 Wasp, 1badf350, 204guy, 1Longbow, 1OntarioJim, 53 invisible), 2,384 guests, and 1,211 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,306
Posts18,487,165
Members73,968
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.