Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Blackheart
WTF do you expect from clerks making minimum wage, knowledgeable professionals ? LOL

The shops around here are full of em for sure.
Mostly the Nepotism hiring plan......

Had one 21 yr old type telling me a G17 gen5 was the same as any other glock.
Was adament about it all.
I just handed him back the pistol and smiled
I told the owner ( a fellow sqd ldr decades ago in the same platoon) his employees need ta google fu and educate themselves on their spare time .
Explained to Dave what employee of month was saying.
Dave was not happy
Just said " thanks man".

Shoulda got that 17
492 OTD GLOCK Blue label gun.

It's gone now.....

GB4

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Well the LGS clerks around here are a lot more helpful than that they would have shown her how to rack the slide and activate the release to close it then sold her the gun if she past the background check and a box of trap loads to go with it. You know I wouldn't sh*t you. Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by add
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Dude if ya took about 10+ yrs of age off and not so much grey in the hair and added a few random barely noticeable spasmodic body motions in the pic.

You nailed it....
LOL!

Babs is turning into Mel Brooks in drag.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by prplbkrr
Taser comes to mind.

Or a paintball gun with pepper balls.

G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by antlers
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]damn

Looks like Ryan O’Neil w man bun!

America, Our Country and we’re taking it back.
IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Well, I have another take on the topic, as a person who has worked behind a gun counter for 40hours a week for the last 4 years (after 30 in the Advertising field), and I make more than minimum wage. It gets tiring (especially in current times) to try to explain the function and use of a firearm. Do you expect car salesman to teach you how to drive? Most of us grew up with firearms, but if you are a “Barbara Streisand” type, you should seek out a firearms instructor. I work at one of the largest, privately owned LGS’s in my area, and we have lines forming outside the store, 1.5 hours before we open in the am, and it doesn’t stop until we close (hours 11am-7pm Mon-Fri). I am one of five salesman that work behind the counter. We have 2 gunsmiths on staff, and lately about 40% percent of the “broken firearms” that come to the counter lately (about the last 6months, but the buying insanity started March 2020) are OPERATOR ERROR.
Below, I’ll list a FEW of the conversations I’ve had lately:

Customer (walking in with a recently purchased Stoeger Coach gun): “I want to return this firearm, it’s not working right, and it’s too hard to open”

Me: “well, unless there’s some defect, all gun sales are final. How many times have you fired the gun?”

Customer: “oh, I haven’t shot it yet”

Me: smack forehead

————————————————————————

We had a doctor pull his car in the lot, get out with a Sig 320 (in hand pointed in the air), walk past 20-25 people on line, walk right up to the counter and DEMAND we install sight on his pistol right away, because “he had to get back to the hospital”.

..... we threw him out.

—————————————————————————

My personal favorite over the past few months are the people that walk up to the counter and ask for a Mossberg 500, or Remington 870 with an 18” barrel, expecting there to be dozens in the shop. It’s like they’ve had their heads in the sand, or somewhere else for the last year. “Remingtons bankrupt”??? .......shocker!

——————————————————————————-
People that walk in and go from, I want to see a hunting rifle, now a shotgun, now a handgun........are usually a waste of our time.

———————————————————————————
The 20 phone calls a day we get from customers asking “how long is the line?”. Our stock answer is 37’ 8”

Now, don’t get me wrong, as I work at a gun shop, because I enjoy firrarms, and helping people, but you can’t turn Barbara Streisand into Jerry Miculek in 15 min at a gun counter. I’ve taken guns away from people that can’t follow the simplest instruction of “DON’T SWEEP PEOPLE WITH THE BARREL” and “KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER”. I get a lot of “Isn’t it unloaded?”...... again, smack forehead!

-the ravings of a gun shop guy.

"I'm from the government, and I'm here to help"
R
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by TomT
Well, I have another take on the topic, as a person who has worked behind a gun counter for 40hours a week for the last 4 years (after 30 in the Advertising field), and I make more than minimum wage. It gets tiring (especially in current times) to try to explain the function and use of a firearm. Do you expect car salesman to teach you how to drive? Most of us grew up with firearms, but if you are a “Barbara Streisand” type, you should seek out a firearms instructor. I work at one of the largest, privately owned LGS’s in my area, and we have lines forming outside the store, 1.5 hours before we open in the am, and it doesn’t stop until we close (hours 11am-7pm Mon-Fri). I am one of five salesman that work behind the counter. We have 2 gunsmiths on staff, and lately about 40% percent of the “broken firearms” that come to the counter lately (about the last 6months, but the buying insanity started March 2020) are OPERATOR ERROR.
Below, I’ll list a FEW of the conversations I’ve had lately:

Customer (walking in with a recently purchased Stoeger Coach gun): “I want to return this firearm, it’s not working right, and it’s too hard to open”

Me: “well, unless there’s some defect, all gun sales are final. How many times have you fired the gun?”

Customer: “oh, I haven’t shot it yet”

Me: smack forehead

————————————————————————

We had a doctor pull his car in the lot, get out with a Sig 320 (in hand pointed in the air), walk past 20-25 people on line, walk right up to the counter and DEMAND we install sight on his pistol right away, because “he had to get back to the hospital”.

..... we threw him out.

—————————————————————————

My personal favorite over the past few months are the people that walk up to the counter and ask for a Mossberg 500, or Remington 870 with an 18” barrel, expecting there to be dozens in the shop. It’s like they’ve had their heads in the sand, or somewhere else for the last year. “Remingtons bankrupt”??? .......shocker!

——————————————————————————-
People that walk in and go from, I want to see a hunting rifle, now a shotgun, now a handgun........are usually a waste of our time.

The 20 phone calls a day we get from customers asking “how long is the line?”. Our stock answer is 37’ 8”

Now, don’t get me wrong, as I work at a gun shop, because I enjoy forearms, and helping people, but you can’t turn Barbara Streisand into Jerry Miculek in 15 min at a gun counter. I’ve taken guns away from people that can’t follow the simplest instruction of “DON’T SWEEP PEOPLE WITH THE BARREL” and “KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER”. I get a lot of “Isn’t it unloaded”...... again, smack forehead!

-the ravings of a gun shop guy.

LOL!!!

It has to be like Caligula,s circus this past year.

LOL!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Why it gotta be drama every where you go eek

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A woman who looked like a 60 yr old medicated america Barbara Striestand or however the fugg you spell her name.
Kinda a mixture of cyndi Lauper clothes and Yentl outfit from as much as I could tell from the overall breathing fashion disaster she was...

Dumb LGS guy " can I help you maam"

Barbara/ cyndi nitwits r us woman says:

"I have never had a gun or shot a gun before"
" I am looking for one that will knock someone down, but not kill them".

JFC..........

A dude was standing about 5 ft away.
Heard it all too.

I just kinda look at him and we both just roll our eyes.....

Leaving store...
Barbara/ cyndi
Struggling on various pistols trying to work slides.
LGS guy dosent seem to be able to teach her counter opposing force with quick momentum properly with hand and arm strength to rack a slide.
If someone would have shown miss I wanta just knock em down and not kill em.
How to use hand and arm ergo,s and momentum with a little bit of strenght .
She probably coulda racked just about any slide on most pistols...

Some people shouldnt have guns.....
Some people shouldnt be allowed to show others how to rack a slide on a pistol either.

I felt like I was doing the nation a favor by overcoming my teach, coach, and mentor tendencies I have on the way out.
By resisting wanting to take 2 mins and show Barbara/ cyndi how to rack a pistol using ergo,s.

And make LGS guy look like he had a cock sticking outta his forehead.

Find it hard resisting wanting to help people and embarass others at times.
Been a issue my entire life......

I went and got 3 cheeseburgers at McDonald's instead.
Gunga Galunga........

California or Chicago refugee?

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How were the cheeseburgers?

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TomT
...but you can’t turn Barbara Streisand into Jerry Miculek in 15 min at a gun counter.

laugh laugh

R
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by High_Noon
How were the cheeseburgers?

Good..
Had em with no mustard and extra pickles.

LOL!!!

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Was at the best pawn shop I’ve every entered in my opinion. Guy came up to Dave (owner) as we were talking and asked if he had any shells to break his new gun in with? Dude says it’s a shotgun. Had no idea what gauge, make model or anything. Dave said he really couldn’t help him without knowing more information. Dude goes over to the ammo and comes back with a box of Black Aces buckshot. Dave explained the he wouldn’t be able to return if it didn’t work. Went so far over the Dude’s head.

Went to the Graf’s store in St Charles only to find it had been sold to one of the young employees. Found a couple boxes of 7mm TSX 120gr still with the old prices of $28/ box, 8mm ballistic tips for $23/box, 6mm ELD-X 108 $28/bag of 100, Varget (limit one lb) for $32 and MBC cast 158gr for my .38’s for $39 per 500.

CK
R
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by slumlord
Why it gotta be drama every where you go eek

I'm the social butterfly anywhere I go man.
You know that.

LOL!!!

R
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by worriedman
A woman who looked like a 60 yr old medicated america Barbara Striestand or however the fugg you spell her name.
Kinda a mixture of cyndi Lauper clothes and Yentl outfit from as much as I could tell from the overall breathing fashion disaster she was...

Dumb LGS guy " can I help you maam"

Barbara/ cyndi nitwits r us woman says:

"I have never had a gun or shot a gun before"
" I am looking for one that will knock someone down, but not kill them".

JFC..........

A dude was standing about 5 ft away.
Heard it all too.

I just kinda look at him and we both just roll our eyes.....

Leaving store...
Barbara/ cyndi
Struggling on various pistols trying to work slides.
LGS guy dosent seem to be able to teach her counter opposing force with quick momentum properly with hand and arm strength to rack a slide.
If someone would have shown miss I wanta just knock em down and not kill em.
How to use hand and arm ergo,s and momentum with a little bit of strenght .
She probably coulda racked just about any slide on most pistols...

Some people shouldnt have guns.....
Some people shouldnt be allowed to show others how to rack a slide on a pistol either.

I felt like I was doing the nation a favor by overcoming my teach, coach, and mentor tendencies I have on the way out.
By resisting wanting to take 2 mins and show Barbara/ cyndi how to rack a pistol using ergo,s.

And make LGS guy look like he had a cock sticking outta his forehead.

Find it hard resisting wanting to help people and embarass others at times.
Been a issue my entire life......

I went and got 3 cheeseburgers at McDonald's instead.
Gunga Galunga........

California or Chicago refugee?

Gawd knows ...
Up here around clarksville and Ft Campbell.
We got the broad spectrum of everything from the entire planet.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Question for TomT

In this day and recent age

Is any part of that line of people still the 425 lb lardasses that want to come in block out the view of the glass pistol cases and jaw-&-reminisce about “so and so and Ernie had this and Donnie had one of them and there was this one time me and Daddy” and on and on and on while you have folks in there wanting to spend money?

Is that still a thing?

And for anyone reading this are you “that person” ?

R
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Question for TomT

Is any part of that line of people still the 425 lb lardasses that want to come in block out the view of the glass pistol cases and jaw-&-reminisce about “so and so and Ernie had this and Donnie had one of them and there was this one time me and Daddy” and on and on and on while you have folks in there wanting to spend money?

Is that still a thing?

Why ya busting on too wide Trey or his side kick Colton????

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Candidate for a revolver

Bang bang, nothing to manipulate

Well damn, you finally made a decent contribution to the forum. 😁

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Question for TomT

Is that still a thing?

Haha.

Yesterday i stopped in a LGS.

Older colored lady was asking about a gun to “put something on that ass” next time the got in her yard.

Had to be in her 70’s

#bigmommadontplay

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
Candidate for a revolver

Bang bang, nothing to manipulate

Well damn, you finally made a decent contribution to the forum. 😁

And I did it without ridiculing some lout’s cornpile.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (160user, 007FJ, 1234, 1Longbow, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 59 invisible), 2,221 guests, and 1,300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,919
Posts18,479,696
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.