Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by mart
Our son married a great girl. Three months after they married he was diagnosed with leukemia. She stood by him the whole time. Through the chemotherapy and into remission. When it came back she was by his side for the stem cell transplant and once again into remission. They had three years after the second bout before it came back. Then it was so aggressive he only had five weeks from finding it returned to when he passed. She was by his side, unwaveringly until his last breath. Yeah. We did well in the DIL lottery.

She has since remarried to a guy we really like. They have a child whom we consider our grandson. There will always be a place in our hearts for her.

Someone cutting onions around my computer this morning.

Best to you and your family.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Lucky two out of 3, the one bad one is in jail in Texas and probably will survive it. Daughter in law gave my wife a kidney, one son in law loves his kids and works hard to provide.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by mcclure
My son is five months old - this thread is stressing me out! I can't imagine watching a kid go through serious marriage trouble.

I'm also wondering what my father in law would write if he was on this forum...

Re: your father-in-law -

see my post above. smile

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Daughter married an outstanding guy - college grad, superintendent of near-by Fort Mott State Park, vol. firefighter (firefighter of the year), belongs to a WW II reenactment group. Daughter had a very successful pet-sitting business (the only one in the county). Then SHE dropped the ball. He came home from work one day last year to find a note on the table. She moved to NYC and joined the "universal unitarian" church, and has a Youtube channel. Completely brainwashed. None of us expected it. Those of us who have reached out to her have been told to 'f**k off'. Some religion, eh?

Son isn't married yet. His girlfriend is waiting until she completes her graduate studies. Really sweet girl.

Last edited by JeffyD; 01/18/21.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by hanco
My two girls married great guys, both married 20 years. One owns a wrecker company, the other is a police detective. My daughter in law is so-so, lazy around the house, but apparently does well at work. They all have made nice grandkids.

How are yours if you have them??
Top notch - both of 'em...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B2

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I have two sons, ages 49 and 47. The older son married a tall beautiful nurse and they have tall handsome kids, ages 16, 13 and 12. She came from a broken home and consequently is somewhat of a drama queen. But she’s a good mother and is raising their kids right. My younger son married a beautiful CPA who is just wonderful. They have a 10 year old boy who is a clone of his dad at the same age. He finished high school Algebra as a third grader and is an avid gamer with a near photographic memory. He buys and trades stocks and even had an ETF. This son and his wife tried for years to have a second child, even trying IVF, but without success. I treasure all four grandkids.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I’ve encouraged my teenage kids to not ever get married.

hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by CCCC
Yes, they sure did. It was my wife that didn't do so well.

I think my wife coulda done better also.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by mcclure
My son is five months old - this thread is stressing me out! I can't imagine watching a kid go through serious marriage trouble.

I'm also wondering what my father in law would write if he was on this forum...

I've got news for ya brother, the problems never go away, they just change. When I was in your shoes, I always thought that I wanted them to grow up so all of the problems that they have when they're little would go away. Now that they're 29 and 33, I don't have to change their diapers anymore, but they seem to always find ways to make us worry about them.

I've always said that the toughest things I've ever done in my life was owning a business, being happily married for 34 years, and raising two kids.

Last edited by StoneCutter; 01/18/21.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antlers
My son is 23. And if he asks, I’m gonna tell him to NOT get married. My daughters are 24 and 31. If they ask, I’m gonna tell them to NOT get married.
I would not ever doubt your reasoning on this - but gives me a touch of sadness.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Daughter met her husband in college. She teaches; he studied business and works for Farm Bureau. Him and I hunt together lots. They have 2 daughters (2+6) my wife and I cannot get enough of. They live 2 miles away. Son went to college, then a Navy Nuke. Now a a computer Tech for a firm in Charleston SC. His wife studied business works in her Dads company found out she is pregnant today. Hip! Hip! Life is Good. My wife and I dated 4 years straight then got married as we graduated college together. Married in 1982 and have been happily married ever since. Greatest thing that ever happened to me was finding her.

Last edited by Moses; 01/18/21.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (12344mag, 16penny, 06hunter59, 02bfishn, 1234, 163bc, 61 invisible), 2,557 guests, and 1,345 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,573
Posts18,491,951
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.