Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hubert
I got rid of pay-pal 2 years ago because of their crap..

After this and my active eBay auctions, I'm done. Even if they do credit me MY MONEY back, it'll only be because I was a pain in the ass they wanted to go away. Not because they won't continue to rip other people off. In all fairness, if this was an order that got shipped, I received it, didn't want it, and sent it back, I might not like it, but I could understand losing some of my money. But this was an order that was cancelled like an hour after it was placed and nothing even came off the shelf.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I think you're giving the seller too much credit for being a "good guy". First, paypal fees are less than 3%, but you're being with held over 9%...that's not paypal.

I accept payments through paypal and only once since this new policy have I issued a refund. The payment was for $2500. The money came in, paypal withheld $70+ and the rest went into my balance. When I refunded the $2500...the full $2500 came out of my balance and paypal kept the fee of $70+....so I paid the paypal fee to refund the money. If he accepted payment for an order he can't fulfill, then he should be the one paying the *less than* 3% fee.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by readonly
I think you're giving the seller too much credit for being a "good guy". First, paypal fees are less than 3%, but you're being with held over 9%...that's not paypal.

I accept payments through paypal and only once since this new policy have I issued a refund. The payment was for $2500. The money came in, paypal withheld $70+ and the rest went into my balance. When I refunded the $2500...the full $2500 came out of my balance and paypal kept the fee of $70+....so I paid the paypal fee to refund the money. If he accepted payment for an order he can't fulfill, then he should be the one paying the *less than* 3% fee.

I think you misread my post. The merchant credited the full balance to my Paypal account. I see the full credit in my inbox. when Paypal transferred money to my credit card, it was $113 short. What am I missing here?

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Wow, I have a paypal account and have never had any issues. If Fleabay isn't recognizing them any more (it's been a while since I've bought anything there) I may dump them. I don't have a credit card attached to them, only my bank account.

I do give monthly to St Judes thru paypal so I guess I'll need to figure out how to give to them without paypal. Paypal has been convenient but if they're going to play games like this I won't do business with them.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Paypal merchant accounts are set up so the seller always pays the paypal fee. So Paypal should always be refunding 100% to your card, because the merchant has already paid the fee.
And also, the numbers you gave show a paypal fee of 3x what paypal charges for a tranaction, which is less than 3%.

IC B2

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
I do online transaction frequently and will not use Paypal at all. They are a huge ANTI 2A, hyper liberal outfit, and will screw you (as you just found out) in a heartbeat. They figure most will not go through the hassle of fighting with them, so they pocket the cash. At the worst they have to pay the money back. So out of every 100 people they rip off for 100 dollars, only 7 or 8 fight them and get their money back, the other 97% of the time they are ripping off the consumers.

No thanks.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by readonly
Paypal merchant accounts are set up so the seller always pays the paypal fee. So Paypal should always be refunding 100% to your card, because the merchant has already paid the fee.
And also, the numbers you gave show a paypal fee of 3x what paypal charges for a tranaction, which is less than 3%.

Not trying to argue over this but you still haven't really answered my question. How can I receive, in my Paypal transaction log, a full refund from the merchant. The full amount is in my Paypal inbox +$1234 refund from merchant. Then it wasn't until I got an email from the credit card company that I got a refund, that I see it is $113 less than that. No fees or documentation of any kind in my Paypal transaction list. None. To me, it seems that once that full +$1234 shows up in my Paypal account from the merchant, they are done. From that point on it's Paypal to the credit card company.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A friend recently recommended Venmo - anyone use it?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I won’t use PayPal. Either the seller accepts a different form of payment or I buy it elsewhere.

This, absolutely.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
I do online transaction frequently and will not use Paypal at all. They are a huge ANTI 2A, hyper liberal outfit, and will screw you (as you just found out) in a heartbeat. They figure most will not go through the hassle of fighting with them, so they pocket the cash. At the worst they have to pay the money back. So out of every 100 people they rip off for 100 dollars, only 7 or 8 fight them and get their money back, the other 97% of the time they are ripping off the consumers.

No thanks.

There's so many scumbags and scumbag companies out there it's hard to keep track. I'm working on purging as many of these companies as I can from my life. Thanks for the info. Pretty soon, I'm going to be paying cash for everything I guess.

IC B3

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Just call your CC and open a fraud report with the fraud department, and they will research the transaction, and see you are do the full refund. It is a slam dunk case in your favor. Don’t waste anymore time with CommiePal.

There was never a legal contract between you and the buyer, being he represented an item for sale, where he was not able to fulfill his contractual obligation to you, thus they “have” to give you a full refund.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
A friend recently recommended Venmo - anyone use it?

Venmo is PayPal.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I have been taking payments through paypal for years. They sent a letter about the refunds, about 1 year ago. What it amounts to is that if the seller issues a refund to the buyer paypal no longer refunds their part of the transaction. They used to. So if I sell something and want the customer to get a 100% refund I have to add the paypal amount. I will lose money by doing so. The seller you dealt with knows this too.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Originally Posted by MARCEL
Have you seen the new Egay policy? Something is definitely fishy. They are no longer allow payments to go to PayPal and want your SSN and want a linked bank account. As a 20 year member im feeling uneasy about all this

Evidently this policy is not in effect for all ebayers. I have bought several items via paypal on ebay in the past few days.

A buyer can pay with PayPal; but a seller no longer clears their money through their PayPal account. It is done via EBay Managed payments and direct deposit to sellers bank account

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Several years back, paypal threatened to shut down my account unless I sent them a check so they could link to my bank account. I sent them a check from Discover card. That seemed to please them. No way are they getting my bank account info.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim1611
I have been taking payments through paypal for years. They sent a letter about the refunds, about 1 year ago. What it amounts to is that if the seller issues a refund to the buyer paypal no longer refunds their part of the transaction. They used to. So if I sell something and want the customer to get a 100% refund I have to add the paypal amount. I will lose money by doing so. The seller you dealt with knows this too.

As Readonly said, that still doesn't explain the 9% "transaction fee" they skimmed. As others have said, I'm calling the credit card company's fraud department tomorrow, Maybe if I'm enough of a pain in their ass, maybe they will just credit me to go away, and then I'll just cancel my friggin account.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Cruiser1
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Originally Posted by MARCEL
Have you seen the new Egay policy? Something is definitely fishy. They are no longer allow payments to go to PayPal and want your SSN and want a linked bank account. As a 20 year member im feeling uneasy about all this

Evidently this policy is not in effect for all ebayers. I have bought several items via paypal on ebay in the past few days.

A buyer can pay with PayPal; but a seller no longer clears their money through their PayPal account. It is done via EBay Managed payments and direct deposit to sellers bank account

So what do the buyer options look like now? What you're describing sounds like a strange transaction limbo.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by JakeBlues

As Readonly said, that still doesn't explain the 9% "transaction fee" they skimmed. As others have said, I'm calling the credit card company's fraud department tomorrow, Maybe if I'm enough of a pain in their ass, maybe they will just credit me to go away, and then I'll just cancel my friggin account.

I hope you get your money back. They make it hard on purpose too, thinking most folks will just give up. They froze my account a couple of years ago because I refused to give them any more personal information. Fortunately I didn't have any money with them.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JakeBlues

I hope you get your money back. They make it hard on purpose too, thinking most folks will just give up. They froze my account a couple of years ago because I refused to give them any more personal information. Fortunately I didn't have any money with them.

Well, I have an online chat going with them. It's not real time. But I asked a few questions and basically, they've ignored me for 7 hours now. So, yeah, the hope he caves plan is in effect. Just gonna call the credit card company tomorrow and have them try to annoy them some.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Peaceful protests are the answer.

LOL
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (007FJ, 1936M71, 1234, 17CalFan, 01Foreman400, 63 invisible), 2,518 guests, and 1,342 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,556
Posts18,473,040
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.